News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Paleke's world stunts championship

Started by alanrotoi, August 16, 2005, 05:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleke

Ups, I've totally forgot it: Congratulatios BJ!!!

Well, replays are uploaded, so I proceed to answer this question

Quote from: Duplode on May 10, 2008, 06:33:26 AM
IRC rule interpretation question for the new track: are spiraling jumps off ramps allowed? By spiraling jumps, I refer to the classic trick where one enters the ramp coasting it along its edge so that the car rolls outward along the ramp guardrail and then takes off rotated sideways:

As you can see in this screenshot, which corresponds to the furthest outward position during the trick, the right side wheels are just above the guardrail, thus the car seems to be OWOOT. The polemic point that concerns me is whether grinding the walls as one could do with a skateboard should be counted as illegal exploitation of a collision bug (even though this situation is not completely distinct from the boulevard bump bug...)

Well, I don't like this bug, it think (as you mentioned) it goes against one of the rules, but since I'm allowing it since long ago, I'm not considering it a penalization. Perhaps in the future I will, but not for now (I have others things in mind to do before that). When you check the replays, you'll see that Mark and Ayrton already used this bug on TATETI, and (in my opinion) they are on the very edge of the penalization.

BTW, in my opinion this bug is quite distinct from the boulebard bump jump (you aren't going through the element), but it isn't that different from the... mmmmmmh (damn it, I forgot the name of the element and I don't have Stunts on this computer to check)... let's say: "round tunnel" bug, which I also consider it goes against the same rule, but I'm also allowing it since long ago and I won't change that in the short-term.
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Palekethe... mmmmmmh (damn it, I forgot the name of the element and I don't have Stunts on this computer to check)... let's say: "round tunnel"
Name is "pipe". ;)

Paleke

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 10, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
Quote from: Palekethe... mmmmmmh (damn it, I forgot the name of the element and I don't have Stunts on this computer to check)... let's say: "round tunnel"
Name is "pipe". ;)

DAMN IT! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! (me)  :D
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Duplode

Thanks to Mark for the files and to Paleke for the explanation... my first replay done yesterdeay is valid, then, and has just been submitted  ;)

BonzaiJoe

I remember doing that in IRC and getting penalty, but that was with nazi Mingva as competition manager :)
But we can't be quite sure.

Paleke

I know I had to do this before, but some personal issues didn't allow me to: Tonight is deadline, so...  ::)

Duplode

No improvement for me this time... :-X Sorry for the lack of commitment, it's just I delayed the necessary careful redrive a bit too much and suddenly found myself running out of time.

Paleke

Well, I know I'm delayed, but I'll try to have the update ready for weekend, right now I'm busy with some personal issues.

Paleke

Yep... still delayed :S

Does anyone have a track I can borrow?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Paleke on June 16, 2008, 07:17:01 AM
Yep... still delayed :S

Does anyone have a track I can borrow?

Today I built a new track for WSC rules, I've just sent you it... Check your mail!  ;)

Paleke

Ten days later  ;D

Thanks for the track, Mark. I've been quite busy but right now I have some free time so I'll try to finish the update for tonight. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Congratulations to Ayrton for his third win! This time I succeded to stay more near to him (My gap could be lower, but I didn't complete a new replay when I saw that I was only 0,30 seconds better before the last Powergear tract...), but we have to say that Naval didn't permit a real selection... And also congratulations to AbuRaf70 for his first seasonal podium!

And... wow, nice to see my track (with new decorative elements added by Paleke as I suggested to him) already on-line!  :) I think it could a OWOOT track with some tracts really funny and dazzling...  ;)

AbuRaf70

Muchas Gracias, Mark...

Realmente estoy muy contento de haber alcanzado este podio...
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 28, 2008, 09:56:10 PM

Congratulations to Ayrton for his third win! This time I succeded to stay more near to him (My gap could be lower, but I didn't complete a new replay when I saw that I was only 0,30 seconds better before the last Powergear tract...), but we have to say that Naval didn't permit a real selection... And also congratulations to AbuRaf70 for his first seasonal podium!

Mark, er... surely you meant "second win", accounting for BJ's triumph in Round 2? It seems we're getting way too used to Ayrton's dominance here and elsewhere... :D Anyway, congratulations to him, to you and in particular to AbuRaf! Now we have five podiumers in three races - and hopefully I'll manage to join you before this season ends ::)

Now, on to round 4: Mark's is one of those innocent-looking yet deceptively hard tracks - you glance at the map and think it'll be a piece of cake, unsuspecting of how much you'll need to stretch at those devious 4th gear combos. Effective contrast to Naval, and probably pretty selective in regards to final result. My first time is already posted, hopefully this time it won't be the only one... ::)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on June 29, 2008, 05:25:03 AM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 28, 2008, 09:56:10 PM

Congratulations to Ayrton for his third win!

Mark, er... surely you meant "second win", accounting for BJ's triumph in Round 2? It seems we're getting way too used to Ayrton's dominance here and elsewhere... :D

Perfect comment...  ;)
My apologies to BJ, the unique fantastic driver who succeeded to interrupt the awesome stripe of the awesome Ayrton...  :)

Quote from: Duplode on June 29, 2008, 05:25:03 AM
Now, on to round 4: Mark's is one of those innocent-looking yet deceptively hard tracks - you glance at the map and think it'll be a piece of cake, unsuspecting of how much you'll need to stretch at those devious 4th gear combos. Effective contrast to Naval, and probably pretty selective in regards to final result. My first time is already posted, hopefully this time it won't be the only one... ::)

Yes, the word "innocent" has not place for this track...   :D
And, seeing your first time, it seems that "Cinema Show" will see the real Duplode, at last... ;)
Btw, I'm still waiting comments (Duplode, Krys, others...?) about the "title" of the track...  And if you have not listen yet the original, please, take 10 minutes from your time and listen it from the beginning to the end...  ;)