News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT21

Started by zaqrack, December 31, 2002, 02:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Rudo: We thought so too, but then Mingva explained that you can just save your replay just before the finish line, load it, and continue from the end of the loaded replay. Then your time gets on the highscore list. I don't think there is anyway to control it, except by writing some kind of application that can detect if "Esc" or "P" is pressed while driving. We live with Replay Handling, but it is illegal in live events, and StuntsLOL, or is it? I don't remember.
But we can't be quite sure.

Shoegazing Leo

R.H. is valid on Stunts LOL... You are free to handle and dis-handle... Any lap without penalty is valid on competition...

Argammon

Bonzai:Rudo: We thought so too, but then Mingva explained that you can just save your replay just before the finish line.....

I know that you know that was possible since a very long time.... (about 1-2) years. So the'we thought so too' part can't be valid for you :)

I don't say you did use it but I know you knew about it ;)

Keep being honest heh.... or was it just a blunder?

BonzaiJoe

QuoteI know that you know that was possible since a very long time.... (about 1-2) years. So the'we thought so too' part can't be valid for you

You are wrong - I did not know about it before Mingva explained it to me. I think you forget the difference between common replay-saving and continuing, and just continuing the replay all the way through, and then rewind a bit and saving before the finish line.

shatterhand

ARRGHHH

Are you guys really using the Lancia Delta ?

I can barely make it under 1:20 !!!

I think I'll have to follow BanzaiJoe tips and change REAL SOON to the manual trm :D

alanrotoi

Shatterhand: Don't let the machine manage your life. Use manual transmission and change the gear whenever and wherever you are...

(hey! it sounds good!) :lol:

Mingva

shatterhand: even with auto you must to reach 1:10 time. Just use a little RH and train your skills :P

BonzaiJoe

I also recommend that you download a whole lot of winning replays from the last couple of years - most of them are quite helpful. Just go to the "Tracks&Cars" section in the "Competition 2002" section. Each track is packed with the previous track's winning replays. (the 2001 tracks/replays are also there)

rudo

ok ok ok ! i didn't know that there was so much going on about replay handling. but i read the article, and used a little bit of replay handling and well ... it works! it can't be detected! so i think it's better this way then, it's the most honoust for sure.

but then i'm asking, are there any other competitions around that don't accept replay handling? cause it seems there are ...

BonzaiJoe

Replay handling is allowed in everything except Live Events. And hey, register!  :D

PedroAntonio

Quote from: "Leo Ramone"Who laughs after, laughs better... (Badly translated, badly writed...)

:lol: Well understood, and I'm working in to not let you even smile :twisted:

PD: Sorry, but you are the next in the table....

Doelloos

Hi guys,

i got a question, where is the TotalNoob competition :?: , because i can't even get under 1:14.85  :oops:
I was pretty good some freaking years ago, but now...  :(
Well, i will try downloading some old replays and try do some better.

cyas

Oh and btw, my name is doelloos not doellos
and my birthdate is 1983-10-24

BonzaiJoe

Well, it happened to other people too. They are good and talented at Stunts, but when they join an online competition, they suddenly meet a lot of other people who are also very good at Stunts, so it's like a whole new ranking ladder. But they are still talented, so it is just a matter of time before they've climbed that ladder too. Just like several people here. It's like when a national champion goes to the World Championship. If he doesn't win, it doesn't mean he is bad...  I remember when I first joined, and looked at the winning replays and thought: ".....)#/%"GASP! arrgh!".  :D

come back Pershing II :(

shatterhand

That's *EXACTLY*  how I feel :D

alanrotoi

Nice words. Listen to him! He's right, its like the step from amateur to professional leagues of a football team. Somethings are different.