Still no special news about this game, version 1.2 is still played (around 500 downloads per day, quite good for a small game like that without any advertisement). Only a new track with snowy scenery until my last post.
BUT there are some news anyway : instead of adding new things to Mania Drive (MD), the project leader told on his blog (http://blogs.nofrag.com/Xfennec/
in French) that next MD evolution will be a Mania Drive 2.
What new ideas ? Instead of a TrackMania-like with more realistic driving like MD is, they plan to do something more fun, more Stunts.
That is :
- less realistic driving, more arcade/fun
- "open" track (that means shortcuts, which were not possible with MD)
- new game modes : not only "racing", but also stunts targets to reach (like going throught the open wagon on the bottom picture), online deathmatch of racing teams, and so on...
- built-in track editor
- create/tune your car (create a monster truck from a on Ford Fiesta
) : tyres, suspensions, chassis, engine, ...
- management of car destructions (needed for deathmatch concept, but also for Stunts targets like "destroy only your back left tyre")
Some pictures :