News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts sequel projects

Started by Krys TOFF, September 09, 2005, 12:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: JTKNot only inspired but made by! 8)
I know that Stunts track shown is made by you, I meant that Stunts Challenge game is inspired by Stunts AND by ye old JTK. ;)

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

DieselJoe

I just tested Stunt Challenge. Really fun to play. :) Too bad that they already finished the project...
"Why can't we not be sober?"
Tool

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DieselJoe on July 10, 2007, 07:18:18 PM
I just tested Stunt Challenge. Really fun to play. :) Too bad that they already finished the project...
Well, my test of it was made during lunch break at my job. Sadly, game is not Vista compatible : cars have no skin and don't move at all under Vista. Too bad... :(

Chulk

Is Vista much better than XP? Maybe you could install XP instead of Vista.
To Krys & Duplode: Have you tested Colin McRae Dirt? I wanted to give it a try but it requires a dual core processor and I don't/won't have one for some years I'm afraid...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: ChulkIs Vista much better than XP? Maybe you could install XP instead of Vista.
Well, Vista is the future for numerous games (all those who will be for DirectX 10 as there won't be a DirectX 10 for XP), so I'll keep Vista.
I still had no time to install Virtual PC and I have family home starting from today and up to next monday, so I won't test it this week-end. But with it I can install a virtual PC with XP, and another one with Linux Mandriva 7, and another one with pure DOS and Win 98SE, and...
Therefore, I'll be able to play with all kind of games and use all my old programs (some of them were not even compatible with XP, just with Win 9x). ;)

Quote from: ChulkTo Krys & Duplode: Have you tested Colin McRae Dirt? I wanted to give it a try but it requires a dual core processor and I don't/won't have one for some years I'm afraid...
Check appropriated topic. ;)

Duplode

Finally got to see Ultimate Stunts v0.72 . Didn't spent much time on it, mainly due to god-awful framerate while driving through some elements at current configuration. Even considering it's still far from finished, some observations are already pertinent, so I'll attempt an improvised pre/review.

First thing to look for was the track editor, which looks cool but is still rather featureless (no critcism intended, evidently), so I wasn't motivated to design a track. There is some really cool stuff at the sample tracks: cliffs, mountain underpasses,  A-to-B tracks (Krys will surely find use for this) ... the editor will be my main reason to play (or not) the game when it's ready . Importing tracks from Stunts works pretty fine - except for fast chicanes (they get loaded as a pair of normal 90?s, probably because corner radius is/will be adjustable) all default elements are present. And even though it's possible, at least while collision system is not implemented, to drive underwater ;D),  drowned tracks of course do not work as in TB. I would say this will be a minor issue, however, as the game flow is very amenable to IRC-rules. Most objects have higher walls than we are used to, handling still has rather high sensibility and penalty system is strictier in that one needs to miss less track pieces to take punishment (at least there are no ridiculous ten seconds losses for a piece of straight road...). One last observation is that tile desing is still rather rough at places, particularly banked corners which are almos too bumpy to be driven at reasonable speed.

Overall, it still looks quite promising. If in the future the powerful track editor gets matched by precise, yet simple enough, physics we will get lots of fun... 

Krys TOFF

Mania Drive 2

Just a little video of the work in progress for the sequel to Mania Drive : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6WkvkYznE
This is a racing wheel test.
I remind you that Mania Drive is not exactly a Stunts sequel but more likely a TrackMania-like game.

Duplode

I stumbled across another remake on the net: Tile R?cer, an Austrian project currently at version 0.65. This one looks promising, with nice physics which do not compromise the arcade feel and great graphics (quite demanding on the computer, however).  This version has most of the essentials already functional, including an editor with many of the essential pieces available (no import for the moment, though). Here is the screenshot on the site entrance:

This one is a self-made screenshot which does not make much justice to the graphics (I have to use low quality textures and 800x600 in order to run the game realtime). The track element you can see is a quite surprising banked road underpass... :P

Better screenshots and demonstration videos can be found at the project site, http://tiler acer.model-view.com (remove the blank and paste the address, this is due to the pipsqueak transformation, etc.)

Krys TOFF

Nice discovery, thanks Duplode. ;)

CTG

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 10, 2007, 12:12:47 PM
T?ff's new avatar is ugly. :D
The forum automatically modified the size, making it too tall. :-X Can it be modified Zak ?
It is based on the marvelous TV series Dexter. :)

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 10, 2007, 12:12:47 PM
T?ff's new avatar is ugly. :D

I first thought of the cartoon after seeing it, then went like "damn, maybe I'm missing something due to this monitor not displaying green..."  :D

Krys TOFF

Avatar is "I love Dexter", and the heart meaning love is pumping. Each time it pumps, blood appear and finally the heart breaks.

Krys TOFF

Nitro Stunt Racing is officially available now : http://www.nitrostuntracing.com/cms/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=92

So far there's only the "stage 1", but "stage 2" is under coding.
Demo is available on the website, it can be unlocked to get the full stage 1 for 14.95 euros (same way of distribution as Live for Speed game).

It seems fun, but there's only 3 tracks for the moment if I understand it well. 3 new tracks are planned for stage 2, and 3 other again for final stage. Only 9 tracks in the end, quite poor, even if the tracks are fun. ::)