News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Started by CTG, September 24, 2005, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

hope you will quickly get through the hard part without your family and soon enjoy your life there together.

CTG

Enjoy the scandinavian black metal! ;D

Usrin

Thanks to everybody! Well, I think Norway is one of the easiest countries to settle in, not comparable to China. Everyday life is easier here than in Hungary from the first day... just one example, CTG's neighbour affair is not surprising in Hungary, but would be simply impossible here. No more stupid policemen, ticket inspectors, postmen, railwaymen, etc...

The hard part is the work, with a lot things I've never done, while speaking English all day is a job for me on its own. My previous Norwegian jobs were far easier (well, those were only summer jobs for students).... I give myself 70 percent chance for surviving the probation time (6 months). Well, I think the decision will be clear within 1-2 months.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

I can't imagine my life abroad. My language skills are too crappy to try, even if I hate this country. Practice would not help, I have no sense to English / German...

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on July 09, 2012, 04:38:28 PM
I can't imagine my life abroad. My language skills are too crappy to try, even if I hate this country. Practice would not help, I have no sense to English / German...

Sooner or later, practice helps everybody. OK, some can reach the level of native speakers, others (like me) can't. But I haven't heard about anybody who had to return from a foreign country because of language problems.

The reason for posting here: tomorrow I'm moving to a new location. The landlady at my current place is going to sell the house, so I had to find another flat. That will be at:
58°59'02.9" N
5°40'47.4" E

zaqrack

I am still at

31.20981 N
121.539173 E

We just enjoy living here. Ideal place within Shanghai for kids.

CTG

New conflicts in the air with other neighbours - I can't stand chain smokers, obstacles of opening our windows. Some of them will sooner or later hunt me because of my kind comments about their intellectual level (and sometimes about their bloody mother's "profession"). We have to survive the summer somehow before moving...

Friker

Quote from: CTG on May 30, 2013, 10:38:33 AM
New conflicts in the air with other neighbours - I can't stand chain smokers, obstacles of opening our windows. Some of them will sooner or later hunt me because of my kind comments about their intellectual level (and sometimes about their bloody mother's "profession"). We have to survive the summer somehow before moving...
always non-conflicting ctg :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

BOURGEOIS!!!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on May 30, 2013, 10:32:47 PM

BOURGEOIS!!!

Shut up, montenigga! ;D

CTG

How much does a decent lodging cost in Scandinavia or Germany (~60-80 m2 flat in a quiet place)?

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on August 09, 2013, 03:10:55 PM
How much does a decent lodging cost in Scandinavia or Germany (~60-80 m2 flat in a quiet place)?

Norway:
~3.000.000 NOK in Stavanger/Oslo and their suburbs
~2.500.000 NOK in other major cities (Bergen/Trondheim/Tromsø)
~1.500.000-2.000.000 NOK in smaller places (where it can be difficult to find a good job)

This seems to be a real estate bubble, which will crash sooner or later. In Stavanger, prices have been doubled in the last 10 years...

Sweden:
~3.500.000-4.000.000 SEK in Stockholm, I've no information from other cities. (Home prices are a bit more stable than in Norway.) Btw, owning a flat is a bourgeois thing in Stockholm, average people rent their homes.

1 EUR=ca. 8 NOK=ca. 9 SEK

zaqrack

seems to be on par with Shanghai prices... but if you also compare median average salaries... :o

Usrin

We're moving again on 1 July - but not too far, the new apartment is ca. 2 km from our current place. Reason: our current landlord (previously enjoying his pension in Spain) decided to come back.

That's it: http://www.finn.no/finn/realestate/lettings/object?finnkode=48189287&searchclickthrough=true
Coordinates: 58.983276 N, 5.7059 E.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I will probably remain at my current location https://maps.google.hu/maps?q=kazincbarcika+m%C3%B3ricz+zsigmond+t%C3%A9r+4&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x473f7b1a3e3f7c15:0xb798987cf0d2ca16,3700+Kazincbarcika,+M%C3%B3ricz+Zsigmond+t%C3%A9r+4&gl=hu&ei=wrGMU7_RI8iZ0AX54IHQBg&ved=0CCcQ8gEwAA - Ildi may have a good job in Miskolc, at least it seems. That would also mean that we will live together. It's high time that I lived together with a woman at the age of 30...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km