News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rules 2006

Started by zaqrack, October 04, 2005, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

Only 3 months left from the season so it's time to discuss possible rule modifications.

Personally I liked this years rules very much. The only thing I think is worth to modify - when we upkeep 25-30 pipsqueaks this year - to change the number of pipsqueaks who get real points. I guess if around half of the pipsqueaks get real points, the system if ideal. So if it stays near 28-30 I suggest 15 points for the winner and 1 point less for each place, then 0.15 for the 16th, and so on...

This would also make LTB a bit less worthwhile, but I also guess thats not a problem for most of the drivers, as it might be a bit overvalued now. Of course we can still intruoduce a 3/+2/+1 LTB, but I think the battle is hard with +2/+1 too, and more people can't join the battle for the LTB anyway.

Monthly tracks and guest designers (about 25-30% of the tracks) will stay, so as quiet days, altough less and less people choose this option, which makes me happy, and the race more intresting, but it can be still useful for some. If you disagree please tell it here.

The most important thing for the next year is, that I'd like to see a real team battle. It looked like there'll be a nice one this year - but we didnt succeed. I guess the rules (2 best deliver points to the team) are good, and I hope we'll have at least 4 active, frequent pipsqueak and strong teams next season. I await your ideas about this topic as well.

Zak

alanrotoi

Very fine. I Agree.  ;-)

al il professore

dont modify the default radio button send replay to scoreboard on quiet days. i hope it will make people publish their times on quiet days. I think that i just cant really stand the idea of "quiet days" or "time hiding"
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

The original reason to have quiet days was to keep people from sending their replays 1 minute before the deadline, which could create problems because the comp. manager had to validate them first, so the update would be later, and because some emails did not arrive properly. Now with the online form the last problem is gone, but the first stays. It also shouldn't be a disadvantage for someone if they are away in the days around the deadline and have to reveal their time. Time hiding was a big problem before leading time appeared, but I think now it's not. Everybody knows it's going on, and it's also kind of interesting to try and guess how good your opponents really are, while at the same time there is a battle going on for leading time.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I know that I can't win the championship, and since I have already been second once, I'm not racing for my overalll position. I want to win some more tracks, and for this, it's better to hide my time. I'll never care about leading time bonus!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Prediction: Mingva will appear soon and he'll tell some useless critics with his ugly :P. After that Argammon arrives too, kicks LTU ass and shoots his own theories. At last, Zak will accept Mingva's idiot system...  :)

CTG

Okay, the sentence with Zak was only a joke, the other two is a serious tip.

Prediction: Rotoi will make a poll. Alain will support Mingva's idea. Bonzai Joe supports the original idea (15-14-13...1), but after Zak accepted Mingva's idea, suddenly and 'surprisingly' he will find Mingva's idea very nice and he will say it fits the championship very well. After Rotoi's poll finished, it will be visible that the original idea is supported, but Zak won't care about it, because it wasn't official (it wasn't created by him).

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Well, if Mingva's idea is a good one, I will support it.

Scenario #3: While the rest of the community is trying to work out the rules for the next season, CTG and Akoss spam the thread with silly comments, and then after the rules have been made, they start complaining that the rules suck.

CTG

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"Scenario #3: While the rest of the community is trying to work out the rules for the next season, CTG and Akoss spam the thread with silly comments, and then after the rules have been made, they start complaining that the rules suck.

I like this version.  :-D

It's no use to crying over the spilt milk. I like the system told by Zak. I hope Mingva won't come back and change Zak's mind.  :)

Yes, don't start flamewars until there's no problem. All sentences started with 'if'. There's no Mingva, there are no silly point system suggestions, there's no fear of acceptation of it (yet).

I like the system which is suggested by Zak for 2006. I hope it won't be changed.

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Yes, it looks good enough, "don't fix it if it isn't broken", they say. Still a solution is needed for people also to fight for 2nd and 3rd place during the month. But if that can't be done for 2006, that's no problem.

Chulk

I like Zak's system too but I think it would be interesting to take one of the quiet days out and leave only one. That way no problem appears and LTB fight extends another day closer to the end of the month.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

There's no need for quiet days anymore, we already have a hiding option (not send to scoreboard checkbox).

zaqrack

Quote from: "CTG"There's no need for quiet days anymore, we already have a hiding option (not send to scoreboard checkbox).
thats the same :)
if youchoose not to have quiet days there'll be no such option