News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Rules 2006

Started by zaqrack, October 04, 2005, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

lets adopt the idea chulk invented. i think small teams need some help against big teams. we count only the two best results in a team everymonth, and  for a team consisting in two good drivers it must be possible to be the best team if they play everymonth... against, for instance, three good pipsqueaks in another team that wont play everymonth.

i dont regret waiting so long time to revive orion earlier this year. I rejected several teams offers to join them, now team competition is a great competition this year. if vago or mingva played a bit i could be in the best team. and with the best and worst result off rule, i could definetly be in the leading team.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

lets adopt leo ramone idea

it would encourage the newbies to play the first year and to send a replay everymonth with a goal to achieve.

competition for a rookie musnt be just suffering all the time with no result. it must be super super interesting to play on the first year... at first i disliked the two divisions idea because it would kill the possibility for newbies to express themselves in the big league with the big pipsqueaks and i was right...  no pipsqueaks that joined on this year stayed with us.

make them stay even with crap results. Make the best newbie title every year must become a stunts reference in the same level than the championship title. (of course, if a newbie wins the championship, he must leave his title to the second best newbie)

it would be super to add a best rookie - newbie of the month / of the year title.

leading time for the newbies only. if they joined during the year let them be gifted extra points to recover the gap.

I think that I would have loved to be the best newbie of the month when i joined the competition. and i would have tried several months to become the best newbie of the month.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Chulk

Nobody else has any opinions??
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

alanrotoi

Yes, I could like to see all the ghosts and ghost creators banned.

CTG

Quote from: "alanrotoi"Yes, I could like to see all the ghosts and ghost creators banned.

Me too. Meganium out.  :twisted:

CTG

Insulting mode OFF, hurting OFF

My suggestion is similar to Usrin's: pipsqueaks can register only with the permission of Zak. I also say that every pipsqueak must enlist to the forum.

About pointsystem: I see the advantages of Chulk's idea but I'm a bit against it. Let's imagine a small team with poor results and a bigger one with lazy top dogs. The small team finds a big trick once and earns a lot of points - shall we steal that nice result from them? No. What if the final ranking changes with this rule? Better but less active team will win against the other just because they made all the races close to their average. Don't make any changes, the original idea was fair enough.

I also suggest to set up general "Stunts Law Collection". It would be a system which filters insults, charges, ghost creature. All this stupid things must be fined by penalty points (not on the scoreboard but like at police). For example: CTG says an unacceptable and rude insult to Alain. In that case an independent (not touched by the flaming), three member court can decide about giving penalty to CTG or not. After X points CTG will get a 10 seconds penalty or anything else you can imagine. After Y points or re-collecting X points would mean DQF for the next race. After Z points the court can disqualify the pipsqueak from the whole championship. We can choose limits and factors for each mistakes and of course we can set up different levels of penalties. Sounds a bit sharp but I think we need some rules to avoid useless flaming (especially Rotoi's, Alain's and my facts... :D).  :!:

Chulk

CTG's idea could work,  but a problem appears with the judges selection. We have to choose 3 members who don't have a special relation with any of the other members (Friends - Teammate) One of them can be Zak as he is the site admin, but what about the other 2???

CTG

Krys - he's independent and he was never touched in any flamewars.
Mingva - he's officially my enemy, but I trust in his sense to the truth.
Zak - basic judge.
Diesel Joe - his connection with people is good in general so he won't be closer to any of the points of view.
JTK, KHR - out of flamewars
Lise - give law to women to flow into policy... :D

Every flamewar has neutral participants. If Akoss and Argammon are arguing then I can be neutral too. Teammate vs former classmate - none of them will have advantage. Or Alain vs CTG - all the Meganium pipsqueaks are out of that, we can call an argentin judge too. So easy :)

Chulk

But there wouldn't be a full time judge. It could work if the idea is well developed. What do everybody else think about it?

CTG

It's just an occasion, not a full time thing. We can call them if something hurts very much from another pipsqueak. We must avoid permanent calls instead, I'm sure Alain will do that. :)

CTG

Fed up, fed up, fed up!

Somehow I feel CTG's activity in creating future Stunts rules and laws contra CTG's behaviour with Meganium and Orion pipsqueaks is paradox. Evident, can say anybody. But I can't imagine (shame on me) why he acts the good guy in this topic. Yeah, he changed, he wants to save the community, he won't let beavers extinct and saves the Earth from green house effect. Your duality makes me sad, bored and disgusted. With common words "you drink wine but speak water". Correction: you say rotten water. I can't believe you ever change. Throw a stone on me if it isn't right!

Closing my sudden attack I would like to talk a bit about next season plans. As for me, current pointing system is satisfactory and has no serious mistakes. The only suggestion from me is a handicap system. Let me explain this cloudy idea: depending on the overall standings of the whole championship we must give some advantage for new or less successful pipsqueaks. I couldn't really find and exact and professional solution for the problem, all things looked to be attackable and unfair (few hours earlier deadline for top pipsqueaks, new track available only from the worse pipsqueaks ZSC account in the very first days, leading time replay publication, etc.). I could find only one democratic way to decrease gaps between us: similarly to Alan Rotoi's contest (4DSL? am I right?) and Unskilledstunts Zak should open a trick section where every pipsqueak can publish their own shortcutz and hot tips. I'm afraid it won't really work because of some selfish pipsqueaks and... uhm, well. And it's the opposite of the real meaning of racing games. Think about it and tell me your opinion. I will be glad to meet your ideas too about creating a fair, sharp and dinamic championship.

Chulk

Quote from: "CTG"Fed up, fed up, fed up!

Somehow I feel CTG's activity in creating future Stunts rules and laws contra CTG's behaviour with Meganium and Orion pipsqueaks is paradox.

open a trick section where every pipsqueak can publish their own shortcutz and hot tips. I'm afraid it won't really work because of some selfish pipsqueaks.

1- I find it that way too!

2- I don't think trick section would work because of what you said. Sharing tricks is the main reason to join a team after all so being on a team would lose importance if the trick section was opened

PS: CTG I like your team name and logo. McLaren is the best!!

CTG

You two are hopeless. I insult these two team, allright, it's true. I have individual problems with some pipsqueaks from there. BUT! My idea would change it, we can make our insults only by an illegal way. I won't finish my current behaviour, I'll remove it to another field (not ZSC and Forum). That's all. :D

Handicap system sounds interesting but useless and impossible. Neither the crazier ideas nor the tricks section. Why? Here are my comments:

Earlier deadline: it would kill the quite days and cause an unfair advantage for the (X+1)th, (X+2)th, etc. pipsqueaks against the Xth pipsqueak who must still finish and publish times earlier.

Weaker pipsqueaks can get the track first: imagine me, I would register as a weak newbie to get it. Yes I'm unfair.

Leading time publication: worst thing that can happen - it would be the darkest era of time hiding.

Tricks section: pipsqueaks and teams are selfish but they have the law to keep their secrets. I don't think any super tricks would be published by Meganium, Cork, Orion or Looping. Argammon's Z34 was only a partizan attack.

And by the way: why we need handicap? You learn a lot from McShit Mercedes - they gave their unique power and technology under one of the worst F1 pipsqueaks (KR). Nobody deserves advantage.

Mislav

I support the idea  15-14-13-12.... Since I race here, there were always more than 20 pipsqueaks per month, even over 30! And why should the others get just point fragments like 0.0000045:) It looks funny, expecially when some of the top drivers just once gets for example 0.14points. Then he has to carry this funny number to the end of the season, like 56,14points. This point fragments also bring not very nice visualisation on the site.

I like for example the point system similar to the ski world cup
100-80-60-50-45-40........10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Then, everybody would get points (or 100-90-80-70-60-55.....10-9-8-7-...), but the top drivers would still have much much more points the the rest.

It would also be good that the winner gets not only 1point more then the second one because if somebody's not driving just once in a season, he can 11 times be better then the second one, but still no champion, if the second driver won that one month (12points)

Maybe 50-40-35-30-25-20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (20 places)
or 25-22-20-18-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (20 places)

this is just an idea, I'm not sure if it's good or not, just think of a possibility by having such point system. I'm quite sure it would be more dynamic battle for the championship:)

Mislav

And about the teams: All teams should have 2 or 3 or 4 or whatever pipsqueaks, It's just nonsense that one team has 5 drivers, another one just 2. Then, it's not about competition, it's just about getting tips from the team for yourself.

read: yourself isn't = the TEAM

And the team shouldn't be just "trick selling industy"for its drivers.

The team championship battle should also be important, every team should have equal chances to win the competition, what i mean by that is maybe the best is to have teams with 3 or 4 pipsqueaks. We would have then 8 or more teams with 3 pipsqueaks.

And then, everybody would be very motivated and would race for HIS TEAM, till his fingers would start bleeding, but even then, he would die for it's team, his racing family...;-)