News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

I'm suprised that nobody mentionned that FRANCE is the new men handball European Champion, after beeing World Champion twice (1995 and 2001).
I must say it, I know BJ and JTK will be pleased. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations France :-)

I don't care much about handball, but I must say I am very pleased that Denmark won the bronze medals.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
I must say it, I know BJ and JTK will be pleased.

Congrats, of course. All in all I'm satisfied with the German results, they were better in the end than I have thought of. By the way - where does Nikola Karabatic play? Right, THW Kiel!  :-D

CTG

Torino 2006, ice hockey tournament predictions:

Quarterfinals:

Finland - United States 2-3 (lucky asshole americans)
Switzerland - Sweden 1-5
Russia - Canada 2-1
Slovakia - Czech Republic 4-2

Semifinals:

United States - Russia 1-3
Sweden - Slovakia 1-2

Bronze match:

United States - Sweden 3-2

Final:

Russia - Slovakia 3-4

Do you like my tips, Usrin? :)

Usrin

Quote from: "CTG"Do you like my tips, Usrin? :)
Yes, I agree with them, but I'm afraid you've underestimated the gaps of our victories. :D
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

The usual big fishes are crap now, CZE and CAN is weak.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"Torino 2006, ice hockey tournament predictions
I disagree : Finland will beat USA and final match will be Sweden (victory) vs Finland. 3rd team will be Russia.
Swedish badly played during groups qualifications but they will react.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

The Finnish and the Slovakians played too good hockey, it's impossible to do it throughout a whole tournament. It's about the same for the Swiss, the dream will be over against Sweden. USA is not good enough to advance to the semi finals. I guess the tournament would really start for the Czechs and for the Swedish now. Watch out for them! But in my opinion, the Russians are the best team in this tournament. With their combinativite, effective and nice hockey, they are my hot favourites of the Olympic Games.

My predictions:

Finland - United States 3-1
Switzerland - Sweden 2-4
Russia - Canada 4-1
Slovakia - Czech Republic 2-3

Semi finals:

Finland - Russia 1-2
Sweden - Czech Republic 3-2 after extra time

Bronze match:

Finland - Czech Republic 2-3

Final:

Russia - Sweden 2-0
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"My predictions:

Switzerland - Sweden 2-4
Russia - Canada 4-1

Well-done, all your "winners" are in semi-final.

Usrin

DAMN IT!!! :twisted: In the good old communism, we could have been olympic champions together, with an unbeatable Czechoslovak team! Forever communism, forever Czechoslovakia!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"
Quote from: "Akoss Poo"My predictions:

Switzerland - Sweden 2-4
Russia - Canada 4-1

Well-done, all your "winners" are in semi-final.

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Finland will beat USA and final match will be Sweden (victory) vs Finland. 3rd team will be Russia.
Swedish badly played during groups qualifications but they will react.
My predictions are correct too so far : Finland, Russia and Sweden are still there.
USA (silver in 2002) and Canada (gold in 2002) were not good enough to expect to preserve their Olympic title.
Czech rep. or Slovakia as the 4th semi-finalist won't change anything : top 3 will be Sweden, Finland and Russia.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Yes, Krys has 3 correct tips out of 3. But I have 4 out of 4. :D I'm looking forward to the semi finals!!!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

vamologocomisso

I tough canada was the best team in ice hockey, like brasil in football (allways fighting to become the champion), but in all your predictions canada is out the podium  :?

brasil REALLY sucks in winter games (whys that ???  :lol: )
the best result in all times was the girl who finish in the 9th place. 9th!!!! WOOOOWWW!!! We kicked some ass!!! :-D  :-D  :-D
the real bad part was that she finish in 9th because the other 3 crashed in the couse, AHUAHUAHUUHAUHAhuahahuahahuuhahuaeuhaehu
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

CTG

Canada played without soul on this tournament. They deserved the loss.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"I tough canada was the best team in ice hockey
They used to be. They may be again in the future. But the way they played since the beginning of the olympic tournament obviously showed that they are not as good as they were in 2002.