News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Are there quarter finals or only directly semi finals?
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

If I remember it well, it's direct to semi-finals for best 2 of each group and classification match for eliminated ones.
Teams already eliminated after 1st round will play the President Cup.

BonzaiJoe

Wow, then it will really be hard to qualify for the semi finals... Denmark should have considered winning against Hungary to get those extra 2 points for the next round.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

No, you are wrong. Only top4 is needed in the main round groups; there will be quarter finals.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 23, 2007, 07:44:34 PM
No, you are wrong. Only top4 is needed in the main round groups; there will be quarter finals.
Oh, ok, sorry for the mistake. :-X

4 out of 4 for Hungary: Hungary - Czech Republic 28-25

we led by 10 goals during the match, but in the end, the lead was reduced to 3... no problem, 2 points are in the pocket... croatia is next!!!

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Spain remain favorite of group 2. Another victory for them, versus Russia this time.

About group 1, I was a little bit afraid that French players had still in mind the defeat versus Iceland (12-11 for Poland at half-time). But the real French team was seen on 2nd half and that's a victory 31-22 for France. I feel better now.

Iceland remains surprising, beating Tunisia and therefore taking the lead of group 1 so far. Maybe that's the proof that Tunisia's performance on last World Cup was mainly due to referee's favors... ::)

BonzaiJoe

Denmark - Croatia 26 - 28

0 points are in the pocket  :'(

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 24, 2007, 11:34:11 PM
Denmark - Croatia 26 - 28

0 points are in the pocket  :'(
And you will have problem to earn any more point today versus Spain...
Only hope for Denmark : beat Russia and Czech Republic in the last 2 days of the 2nd round and then get the 4th place.

A single point can ensure Hungary's spot in the quarter finals on the following 3 matches, against Croatia, Spain and Russia. I hope it will be today, against Croatia, and we can play on the last 2 main round matches without any burden.

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 25, 2007, 11:41:47 AM
A single point can ensure Hungary's spot in the quarter finals on the following 3 matches, against Croatia, Spain and Russia. I hope it will be today, against Croatia, and we can play on the last 2 main round matches without any burden.
I fear for you that the only possible Hungarian win is versus Russia on the last day of this round...

JTK

Sorry, I was ill... :( Now I'm a little bit late. Wasn't it a GREAT game yesterday, Germany against Slovakia? Oh my God! 8)

But last monday was great, too. The Hungarians played very easy, trying to waste no power, just to win (what they did). The team then presented a bis sign saying "Thank you, Kiel". You were ever so welcome! :)

Then came the Danish.Norwegian game - it was so loud, unbelievable! I sat within a big bunch of drunken, shouting Danish people togethger with a friend. We came to our seats shouting "Norway, Norway", but the Danish fans simply laugehd at us as thes saw our grinnings. ;) The game was so hot! In the second half we sazt there like "Denmark is the main round." "Now Norway." "No, Denmark."Norway." "Denmark." ...

It was a great party, and here are some pics from my mobile phone:
1. Here is the Hungarian team (left) and the Angolan, listening to the anthems.
2. Hungarian attack on poor Angolans.
3. Here come the Scandinavians (Denmark left).
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

JTK

4. - 6.: Danish party (I like the last picture)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 25, 2007, 11:09:37 PM
First loss against Croatia: we expected that but it still hurts. Let's hope a better performance against Spain and Russia.
Denmark showed you the way to beat Spain. But Danish team had no other choice but winning to hope to be in quarter-finals.

Nice fight in group 1 too and a good victory for France versus Slovenia, with a good goal-average (33-19) that makes France now leader of group 1. :)

BonzaiJoe

We beat Spain?? WOOHOO  ;D