News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Miserable offensive play by Team Hungary today, and a lot of technical errors. I saw the match, we were very anxious, and we just couldn't believe that we could beat Croatia. We had the chances, Croatia also made a lot of mistakes, and our defensive play was fair enough. Denmark beat Spain, that's bad news for us, there's big confusion, we will have to beat Russia on the final day (or Spain, tomorrow)...

Hungary-Croatia 18-25
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

JTK

O.K., Tunesia was beaten with  not much effort - but tomorrow the first real heavy challenge is there Germany - France. Always a heavy match. :) I do not dare to predict...
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Quote from: JTKtomorrow the first real heavy challenge is there Germany - France. Always a heavy match. :) I do not dare to predict...
Lemme do it for you : Germany 24-28 France ;D

JTK

Nope. Maybe 30-30.  ::)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Quote from: JTK on January 26, 2007, 12:36:25 PM
Nope. Maybe 30-30.  ::)
Well, maybe because Germany plays at home... But I hope not. :P

BonzaiJoe

Germany will win that match. 29-26.
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 26, 2007, 06:46:22 PM
Germany will win that match. 29-26.
Marvelous tip from Jacky. :o
France is qualified anyway as Poland won versus Tunisia. :)
Tunisia is already eliminated, therefore quarter-finals will look as European championship and not World Championship !!! ;D No team ouside Europe remain in top 8.
Sadly for France, even if we beat Tunisia (how France can lose versus Tunisia ?), France will have to face Spain or Croatia in quarter-finals. It will be hard !!! :-\

In the 2nd group, winner of Russia-Hungary will be in quarter-finals for sure. Small advantage to Hungary for the moment as a draw could be sufficient to eliminate Russia.

One question : if Russia win and if Denmark loose versus Czech (who are already eliminated), who will be qualified ? In this case it would mean that Hungary beat Denmark (this is already known, it happened during 1st round), Denmark beat Russia (26-24 the 27th of January) and Russia beat Hungary. what can make the difference ? Goal-average or results versus other teams will count ? ::)
Of course, the best would be to see Hungary and Denmark win. ;)

BonzaiJoe

The medias say we have qualified for the Quarter Finals, but I haven't really considered that option...

BonzaiJoe

Whoa, I actually tipped the result of Germany - France exactly right?

Hmm, I should have placed a bet then...

BASSZA MEG A KURVA ISTEN FASZA!!!

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 28, 2007, 08:30:00 PM
Hungary lost?  :'(
Russia 26-25 Hungary.
Both teams have 4 points and a goal-average of -6. But as in direct confrontation Russia won, then only a big defeat of Denmark tonight could make Hungary qualified.
So far, Denmark has 4 points but +3 of goal-average.
If Denmark loose tonight versus Czech Republic then I think Denmark is eliminated because Hungary beat Denmark in direct confrontation. Else, Denmark and Russia are qualified I think.

Group 1 : France will be 4th of the group, even with a victory as direct fight versus Iceland (the only other team with 6 points) was a defeat for France.
Therefore, It will be France-Croatia next tuesday... I'm afraid France will be eliminated in quarter-finals : Croatia seems invicible since the beginning of this World Championship. :-\

Naaaah Krys. Now Russia have 4 pts, Hungary also 4, Denmark have 4 without the Czech match. If Denmark loses against the Czechs, this situation will stay. Matches against each other count:

DEN-RUS 26-24
RUS-HUN 26-25
DEN-HUN 29-30

So: Denmark +1, Hungary 0, Russia -1 --->>> 2. Spain 3. Denmark 4. Hungary 5. Russia

If Denmark steals a point, they'll have 5, so 2. Spain 3. Denmark 4. Russia 5. Hungary

If Denmark wins, they'll have 6, like the Spainsh, and because Denmark beat Spain: 2. Denmark 3. Spain 4. Russia 5. Hungary

629.09 km

Maybe we would, but we won't. Probably we would have kicked.

629.09 km