News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

You listed Denmark as winner over Hungary, which is not true.

HUN > DEN
RUS > HUN
DEN > RUS

It would become a question of goal difference. So, let me check if Denmark won :)
But we can't be quite sure.

BonzaiJoe

We did. Sorry Hungary :(

But this means we take 2nd place in the group, and don't have to play Germany or France in the quarter! That's great. Iceland will also be hard, but not impossible.

Poor Croatia winning the group and getting France...

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I corrected the DEN-HUN result, but the sentences I wrote about the evaluation of the situation was totally right. Denmark won and took 2nd place, yes. I guess at least 3 out of 4 teams in our group will reach the semi finals, that was much much stronger a group. I wonder what would the Group I winner Poland do against Hungary (in december we beat them 28-17 in Poland)... or Iceland... there are 2 weaker teams than Hungary which are in the quarter finals, and Hungary can only play for 9th place on Tuesday, against Slovenia...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoePoor Croatia winning the group and getting France...
Yes, they should have been 2nd of their group. :D

Quarter-finals will be :
Spain - Germany (that will be hard, this match could be a final match)
Poland - Russia (Russia should qualify)
Croatia - France (almost a final too, it will be very hard for France)
Iceland - Denmark (If Danish continue to play seriously, they should win without problems)

BonzaiJoe

And who will play who in the semi-finals?

JTK

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 29, 2007, 01:29:36 AM
And who will play who in the semi-finals?

Germany - Denmark then...  ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Naaaah. Semi finals: GER/ESP vs. CRO/FRA and ISL/DEN vs. POL/RUS
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooNaaaah. Semi finals: GER/ESP vs. CRO/FRA and ISL/DEN vs. POL/RUS
This will mean that France will have to beat Croatia, then Spain ( :P JTK) and finally Denmark to be World Champion. ;D This is a dirty job but someone's got to do it. :D

Mislav

Naaah... thanks for your offer Krys, but France doesn't have to do that dirty job. Croatia will do it :)

BonzaiJoe

It's too bad for Croatia that all the three other favourites have played crappily... They will just have to keep winning, that always works.

Krys TOFF

Other sports info : Jan Ullrich career is finished. He asked his lawyers to request that blood bags taken in "Puerto  affair" are not compared to his own blood.
It's like officially admitting that he was doped.
Another cheater. One more, and not the last.

Pffff, only cross-cycling is interesting and fair, road cycling is full of junkies.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 30, 2007, 03:36:10 PM
Oh my God, even Slovenia will beat us... Half-time: Hungary - Slovenia 16 - 16
It was hard for Hungary, but they managed to win :
Hungary 34-33 Slovenia
;)

BonzaiJoe

Too bad, I liked Jan Ullrich :(

But they are all cheaters anyway, and consequently they are all not cheaters, somehow...

BonzaiJoe

Why is Sweden not participating in the World Cup? Aren't they usually one of the best teams?

Krys TOFF

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on January 30, 2007, 05:52:49 PM
Why is Sweden not participating in the World Cup? Aren't they usually one of the best teams?
They used to be top of the top, yes.
But their new generation of player seems really worst than the previous one as they did nothing good in the last years.