News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

BonzaiJoe

Congratulations to Germany!
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!  ;) :) :D ;D 8)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

French team took a french leave. ;D

BonzaiJoe

Poland 15 - 14 Denmark, at half time.

Looks like another nail-biter...

CTG

My best hope:

1 Germany
2 Poland
3 Denmark
4 France

BonzaiJoe

I'm missing some smileys here...

Well, another extra-time, 26-26... The matches are really close at this world-cup.

BonzaiJoe

BonzaiJoe

CTG

Yeah, the expected final. ;D

Average Hungarian likes Germany. And on the other hand Hungarian-Polish friendship is quite strong.

Mislav

Croatia has beaten the actual world champion Spain...for the second time this week! And we can go highest on place Nr5. With 9 wins and 1 lost match :(

Poor Denmark....and au revoir Krys ;)

but.... DEUTSCHLAND DEUTSCHLAND!!!!

JTK should be given the "Best-Stunts-Handballer" award! :)

Krys TOFF

As I told before, Sweden used to be the best in handball. Now it's over, including their referees.

Why in Hell last goal of Guigou is refused and the ball given back to France ? There was not enough time to score and it was obviously the best way to let Germany win.
Let me explain : if Guigou made a fault, the goal is refused and the ball is given to Germany. Logical. esle, Guigou made no fault, so goal is valid and the 2 teams go to penalty session.
So, why the gaol is refused and the ball given back to France ?

It was not the only mistakes of the Swedish referees : numerous faults were missed, for both sides. Hens has been excluded very severely at the beginning of the match for Germany for example, and some penalties has been forgotten by the referees in my opinion.

One last problem with the referees : the "hands up" management (I don't know the english name for this rule). Let me explain it then for those who don't know it : when the team with the ball is too long before shooting, the referees put the arms up to let this team know they have only a few seconds remaining before shooting or else they loose the ball.
This rule has been applied for France strictly (no problem, it's the rule) but it seems to me that 3 or 4 times the referees forgot to apply it to Germany...

Anyway it was a great match, a real final. Both teams played hard, both Kiel goalkeepers were excellent.

Germany had more occasion to score but they missed the goal a lot. On the other hand, France was more efficient to score when they could shoot but German efficient defence made us hard to shoot.

Now, Poland will loose in final, that's sure. The match between Germany and France was the real final after Croatia and Spain elimination.

That's the 3rd time in a row that France loose in semi-finals in the handball WC after 2003 and 2005. Too bad but after such a match there's no regret to have, both teams played their best.
Now, let's beat Denmark to get the bronze medal !

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

On the forum of the Hungarian sports newspaper, all comments are against the referees (who were with Germany in the Spain match, too) and against Germany: in their opinion France was better and played better handball yesterday. They say words on the referees like: disgusting, dirty, cheater, "interesting"; on the German players: selfish, gypsy. Average Hungarian likes Germany and doesn't like the French, but a guy on this forum said, for the very first time in his life, he was cheering for France against the cheater Germans (after the Spainsh match).

Well, it's not my opinion, and I won't say anything, because I missed both matches (GER-ESP, GER-FRA) - but I saw DEN-POL - I just quoted some opinions from an unbiased (non-German, non-French) forum.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Btw I'm always saying in this WCH "that will be the match when the not-so-good Polish team will collapse and discontinue causing surprises", but no, never... they're winning the matches... so now I'm not saying anything before the final. Polish are the biggest friends of Hungary, so I hope Poland will win the gold medal.

Btw I just want to remind you, one month ago, in Poland, in the final of the ordinary (played each year) Christmas Cup (HUN-POL-CZE-SVK):

Poland-Hungary 18-29...

Hungary won the Cup with this, Poland finished 2nd.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss PooOn the forum of the Hungarian sports newspaper, all comments are against the referees (who were with Germany in the Spain match, too) and against Germany: in their opinion France was better and played better handball yesterday. They say words on the referees like: disgusting, dirty, cheater, "interesting"; on the German players: selfish, gypsy. Average Hungarian likes Germany and doesn't like the French, but a guy on this forum said, for the very first time in his life, he was cheering for France against the cheater Germans (after the Spainsh match).
I also missed Germany-Spain but I saw Germany-France and the referees did numerous mistakes. Not only at Germany's advantage, but their worst mistake is the finish when the French goal is refused and the ball given back to France. This is illogical. On the TV I saw no fault, but if the referees saw a fault (I always consider that the referees should be considered as the law on every sport, it's a question of respect and fair-play) then the ball should have been given to Germany, not to France. The referees' decision is therefore a real problem that should be discussed in order to avoid that kind of problems in the future.
As a French I'm disappointed with the decision but I won't consider German players as cheaters. Even them were disappointed by the last decision of the referees : France shouted because a valid goal was refused and Germany shouted because if goal is refused then the ball should have been given to them and not to France.

Quote from: Akoss Pooin their opinion France was better and played better handball yesterday
Difficult to say.
France was more efficient when shooting than Germany and had more creativity I think, but German had a better defence that gave problems to let France shoot. Germany made also more faults than France but France lost stupidly half a dozen of balls in the midfield. This is not acceptable at this level of competition.

When Germany lost the ball it was because of French pressure (like on the last goal refused by the referees) or because they missed a shot. German players made no mistakes when passing the ball between them, France did.

So, I won't say that a team was better than another, both teams played a high-level handball but they both made mistakes that made the score so sharp (France lost too much balls and Germany did numerous shoots outside the goal).