News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Rugby World Cup 2007 starting this friday with France vs Argentina :

Group A : England, South Africa, USA, Tonga Islands, Samoa
Group B : Australia, Wales, Japan, Canada, Fidji
Group C : New Zealand, Scotland, Italy, Portugal, Romania
Group D : France, Ireland, Argentina, Namibia, Georgia

Best 2 of each group are qualified for quarter-finals.
New Zealand is obviously the most favorite for champion title.
Wales and Scotland just have to play seriously if they want to be sure to be qualified.
England, South Africa, New Zealand and Australia can't be eliminated (expect a miracle happen suddenly).
Most interesting group is D, where Argentina may create surprise that could eliminate Ireland or maybe even France in case Ireland beat France too ! I fear this group, French players seem over-confident and should not forget that Argentina beated France more than once recently and that Ireland will want to compensate their defeat at home versus France during "6 nations" tournament this year...
My tip is France and Ireland qualified anyway, but Argentina is getting better year after year (half of their players play in France clubs and they perfectly know European rugby now) and should not be considered as a sparing partner.
Answer friday evening : France -Argentina.

CTG

Oh LOL rugby? Another crappy sport. :D

Krys TOFF

Crappy ? No way. Water-polo is crappy, rugby is not ! :P

Chulk

I agree with you Krys but I think France is favourite to win the tittle, specially playing at home. New Zealand always sucks at World Cups, they never play at their best.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Basket Euro 2007 in Spain :
Lucky Slovenia that got another victory by one point after Italy : France 66-67 Slovenia.
Too bad, France was leading by 15 points when Nesterovic injured Turriaf, breaking the French rythm and allowing Slovenia to do a good 19-3 period.
Tony Parker was not as good as versus Italy and he lost a penalty shoot at the very end of the match that could have given us the victory.
Anyway, France is qualified for 2nd round.

Another surprise : Spain (world champion and playing at home) lost versus Croatia by one point too. Croatia lost their 1st match in this Euro versus Latvia and Latvia is the team eliminated. Strange results from Croatia...
And last surprise : Russia beated Greece (61-53) yesterday too.

Teams eliminated : Serbia, Latvia, Czech republic, Poland.

2nd round groups :
Group E : Russia (4 points), Croatia (4), Spain (3), Greece (3), Israel (2), Portugal (2)
Group F : Lituania (4), Slovenia (4), Germany (3), France (3), Italy (2), Turkey (2).

Remember that points are 2 for victory and 1 for defeat, not draw allowed (extended time if needed) and points earned versus teams eliminated doesn't count (lucky Croatia for that).
Now 3 matches remaining for each group and best 4 of each group will reach quarter-finals (1st of group E vs 4th of group F, 2nd of group E vs 3rd of group F, ...)

CTG

Sz?vay is out in women singles...  F U C K OFF dirty lucky Kuznecova!!!!

Sz?vay - Kuznecova 1:6, 4:6

Krys TOFF

Volley-ball euro 2007 in Russia (start this afternoon).

After a good preparation, French team aim for a final. We beated last week Poland (vice-world champion) and Bulgaria during a tournament in Paris, which is promising and a confirmation of French potential after a final (lost versus Brazil) in last World League.

Goal for us at this Euro is to reach final and then be qualified for World cup (in Japan in November). Then according to World Cup results we can hope to be qualified for Olympic Games 2008 (best 3 of WC will be directly qualified for Olympic Games).

Volleyball Euro system is almost the same as for basketball Euro : 4 groups of 4, best 3 qualified for 2nd turn (2 groups of 6). Then the difference with basketball euro is that only best 2 of these 2 groups of 6 trams will play directly semi-finals.

Group A : Netherlands, Serbia, Germany, Greece.
Group B : Russia, Belgium, Poland, Turkey.
Group C : Spain (most dangerous opponent for France in our group I think), France, Slovenia (let's hope volleyball players will do better versus them than baskeball players) and Slovakia.
Group D : Croatia, Bulgaria, Finland, Italy.

CTG

The strange thing is that nobody talked about athletics world championship (Osaka).

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGThe strange thing is that nobody talked about athletics world championship (Osaka).
Because our own countries had shitty results probably. Only 2 silver medals for France for example. :-\

CTG

Two 5th places for Hungary... ;D

Argammon

Sports in TV is all good and interesting to watch. And we are all proud about the results of our native nations.

But my question is,

How sportive are YOU in real life? Can you tell us any decent results in real life? Or did you slowly degenerate after school sport was over?   8)

BTW, you = anyone here  ;D

zaqrack

this weekend: 110km with 4400m altitude gain endurance tour, all on roughh terrain
next weekend: 24 hour long endurance MTB race in a 6 biker team.
+daily avr. 20km commuting on bike, weekly 20-200 offroad biking.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My best results were:

Against the clock or whatever

12.74 in 100m (2nd best in the class)
2:22.0 in 800m (2nd best in the class)
around 5 minutes in 1500m
21'02" in a Margharet Island circle (5350m)
around 5 metres in long jump
12'26" on the H?rmashat?r Mountain ascent (individual mountain bike uphill time trial between Stunts drivers, somewhere around two and a half kilometres, average gradient of ascent around 7-8%) - 2004
123 kms with bike in one day (Kazincbarcika-Eger-Kazincbarcika, hilly terrain)

Competitive

5th in cross country running in Budapest fifth district championship (for 10th class students) - 1999
1st in cross country running in my school (for 10th class students) - 1999
6th in 800 metres running in my secondary school championship (all of the classes in the school) (twice) - 2000, 2001
7th in Kegyeleti relay running in Budapest (in my school's first team) - 2000
4th in long jumping in my secondary school championship (all of the classes in the school, but only a few competitors) - 2001
3rd in a Challenge Day football tournament for primary school students, with my primary school class team (I was a substitute :)) - 1997
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

zaqrack

oh former results in running :)

I did 0.59 on 400m
and
3300m on the Cooper test

can't recall more, and I switched to biking anyway :)

zaqrack

Quote from: Akoss Poo on September 06, 2007, 09:10:16 PM

12'26" on the H?rmashat?r Mountain ascent (individual mountain bike uphill time trial between Stunts drivers, somewhere around two and a half kilometres, average gradient of ascent around 7-8%) - 2004

actually its a 2,4km long asphalt track, with 170m elevation, average steepness is 7,0%