News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Football Euro 2008 qualifications, Group B.
Georgia 1-1 Ukraine (this draw will make it hard for Ukraine to hope a qualification)
Scotland 3-1 Lituania (Scotland still dangerous)
Italy 0-0 France (quite good for France, not a good result for Italy)

Classification of the group so far :
Team       Pts played won    draw lost + - Diff
France      19    8      6    1    1    15    2    13
Scotland    18    8      6    0    2    16    7    9
Italy         17     8    5     2    1    13    6    7
Ukraine     13     7      4    1    2    9    7    2
Georgia     7      9      2    1    6    14    15    -1
Lituania       7     8      2    1    5    5    10    -5
Feroe Islands 0    8      0    0    8    2    27    -25

Krys TOFF

Basketball Euro, group F
France 78-66 Germany
Italy 74-79 Lituania
Turkey 51-66 Slovenia

Classification so far in this group :
Slovenia and Lituania : 6 points
France : 4
Germany : 2
Italy and Turkey : 0

CTG

1-0 but we played well - quite unusual from our team. ;D

CTG

Female handball:

Champion's League semi-finalist Gy?r faced one of the most dangerous opponents in Hungarian championship and won. G?rbicz scored 8 goals again. :) What a surprise, we are leading the championship.

Gy?ri Audi ETO KC -  Dunaferr NK 33-28 (18-12)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Sports for me:

SWIMMING - I can swim, but not too fast. I am not a bad breaststroke swimmer, and I can swim more than 1 kilometres in that style of swimming. I am faster in crawl, but it is a faster kind of swimming, and I think relatively I am a bit worse in this style than in breaststroke. I get tired easily in crawl. I don't prefer the backstroke too much (but I can swim in this style, too), and my arms and my technique is not good enough for the butterfly (so I can't swim in butterfly).

HANDBALL - It was really only once when I tried this sport, and I didn't know the rules. We were playing against the girls, who played handball in almost each of their P.E. classes. I guess we beat them (although we never played handball before), but I wasn't among the best in my team. I guess handball wouldn't have been my sport.

BASKETBALL - Probably my worst team sport. I am a bad thrower, and I'm not able to take the ball away from the others. I compensate this with enthusiasm, running, ball stealing, passing... but it is usually not enough. I also don't like in this sport that there are too much annoying rules...

VOLLEYBALL - I only played a few times in primary school in class, and a few times on the playground (and once in a friend of mine's garden at the closed entrance, the fence was the net :)). I felt that I would be a decent player in this kind of sport (well, maybe because I was born in one of the most volleyballish town in the country), although I never had the possibility to prove this.

FLOORBALL - We played floorball on P.E. classes, and they said that I was a decent player. I always scored goals, my reflex shots often surprised the goalies.

HIGH JUMP - I didn't have the technique for this athletic event, and I also wasn't able to jump off the ground to a great height.

COMBAT SPORTS, SPORTS WHICH NEED PHYSICAL POWER - I was never interested in that kind of sports, so I am quite weak in them. I had a wrestler P.E. teacher in primary school, so everybody in our class had to compete in the wrestling championship in my town. Well, related my skills and obsession for this sport, I wasn't performed badly, I finished in the middle of the crew.

TABLE TENNIS - well, I have a good serve game, though I can't really add a spin to the ball. It always flies just over the net quickly, and it is quite accurate, too. I am also not bad at giving balls back to the opponent (though a spinny ball can cause problems). Generally, I think I am above average in this sport. I also tried tennis 1-2 times, and I felt I would be able to do around the same results there.

FOOTBALL - without a doubt, I am an offensive player on the football pitch. I always liked to play a wing or a forward. Advantages of me: shooting power, shooting accuracy, scoring, passing, agility, enthusiasm; earlier stamina and running also belonged to that group. I am also a very reliable penalty shoot taker, I beat many great players (much better than me, playing in regional first division) in this discipline. Mediocre: sprints, heading (on a bad day, it is weak), positioning. Weak: ball in the air, tackling, goalkeeping (on a good day, it's mediocre).
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km

CTG

About combat sports: I was always interested in the but never tried because I fear of injuries.

Chulk

About Athletic sports: Never tried any of them but long jump (around 5 metres was my best, average was 4.6)
HANDBALL: I played in school for about 6 years (from 6 years old to 11 years old). I was always left wing as I was very fast and I'm right handed (I lost some speed when I grew older)

FOOTBALL: I'm a very good defender, as I have a good view of the attacking team and usually anticipate the forward's moves. My best position in the field is Classic 8 (Right Mid-Fielder) due to my defensive skills, my view of the game both when attacking and defending and my speed. I can also shoot quite accurately and with good power. My worst position is GK, as my reflexs are not that good and my arms and hands are quite weak.

VOLLEYBALL: Definitely my best sport (from 13 Y.O. to 18 Y.O.) I was Outside Hitter mainly, less often I was Opposite Hitter. I'm not very tall for this sport (only 1.80 m.) but I compensated with a great (and very heavily trained during 6 years) vertical jump. My defense skills where good not because of my reflexes, but due to the fact that I was shorter than most of the players and had good positioning fast.

SWIMMING: I don't like to swim, so I can only do crawl if needed, but that's it. Besides I can't stand the Chlorine that is used to keep pools clean.

TENNIS: I really suck.

BTW: What is floorball?
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Floorball is something like ice hockey but without ice and with a little ball. :)

CTG

?gnes Sz?vay is already semi-finalist in Beijing! She's going to meet Mauresmo or Peng next time. The other semi-final: Jankovic vs Davenport.

CTG

Perfect sports weekend! In football (off-topic) Gy?ri ETO FC beated Feh?rv?r (4-1), Ferencv?ros couldn't win in second class and they are only 9th.  ;D

?gnes Sz?vay won the tournament in Beijing after an incredible match: she was to lose, Jankovic (3rd on WTA ranklist) had match ball at 6:7 (7-9), 1:5. But Sz?vay didn't give up, turned to 7:5 and won the next round too: 6:2. Amazing performance!  :o

MotoGP, 125 ccm: G?bor Talm?csi increased his lead in the championship versus Hector Faubel with a nice, tactical drive in Japan. Talm?csi finished 2nd behind Pasini and overtook his spanish rival by 20 seconds.  :D

Female handball: biggest game in Hungarian championship so far, Gy?ri Audi ETO KC's guest was the last year's (undeserved) champion, Ferencv?ros. Real difference came out this time: ETO knocked out the champion. Anita G?rbicz scored 16 goals.  :o  :P

Gy?ri Audi ETO KC - Budapest Bank FTC 32-24 (16-14)

CTG

DAMN IT, SZAVAY BEATED MY SERBIAN FAVORITE!!!

Big slap.

CTG

New page... :(

See my previous post about perfect sports weekend.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I would have won the bronze medal in the 1896 Olympic Games 800m final!!! (3rd place time: 2:28.0 - some years ago, it was impossible to run slower than this for me.)

And have you heard that Momcsill? Tapavicza is the only tennis player who got a medal for Hungary in the Olympics?
Chürműű! :-)

943.41 km

Chulk

RWC 1/4 finals update:

Aus 10 - 12 ENG
Nzl  18 - 20 FRA

RSA 37 - 20 Fji
ARG 19 - 13 Sco

1/2 finals:

Eng - Fra: 13-Oct, 21 hs. (France time GMT +1)
Arg - Sco: 14-Oct, 21 hs. (France time GMT +1)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk
Nzl  18 - 20 FRA
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Quote from: ChulkArg - Sco: 14-Oct, 21 hs. (France time GMT +1)
It will be Argentina-South Africa, not Argentina Scotland. :D

Now, I hope to see a final France - Argentina, as a revenge of opening match of the world cop. And I tip for a French victory of course.
But before, 2 hard matches are expected for semi-finals.