News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Damn ! Stephanie Cano is out for 5-6 days and won't be there to play all matches of main round with French team. :(

Our opponent tonight : Angola, 5 times Africa champion, and 1st African team to be qualified for main round since World Championship is with 24 teams. Theorically, France should win.

Chulk

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 06, 2007, 10:24:16 AM
Damn ! Stephanie Cano is out for 5-6 days and won't be there to play all matches of main round with French team. :(

Our opponent tonight : Angola, 5 times Africa champion, and 1st African team to be qualified for main round since World Championship is with 24 teams. Theorically, France should win.
Theorically, you should have beaten us in Rugby World Cup...  ;)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 06, 2007, 03:16:54 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 06, 2007, 10:24:16 AM

Theorically, you should have beaten us in Rugby World Cup...  ;)
It was quite similar : numerous Argentinian rugby players play in France, and some top players of Angola played in French handball teams too a few years ago. So France have to face an opponent that perfectly know us, which is an advantage for them. Let's hope the result will be in favor of France this time...

Krys TOFF

Damn ! France was leading and then, for unknown reason, French players stopped playing properly and let Angola come back and take the lead. When they finally reacted, it was too late. Angola won 29-27. :-\

Chulk

It's like French players are afraid to win when they are the favourites and have the pressure on their side... Too bad for France.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulk on December 06, 2007, 10:37:35 PM
It's like French players are afraid to win when they are the favourites and have the pressure on their side... Too bad for France.
Exactly, we were not considred favorite versus Croatia, and we finally won. We were logical favorite versus Angola, and lost stupidly a match that should be won. France was leading 16-11 at the half-time. We stupidly let Angola back into the match at the beginning of the 2nd half (Angola was also helped by referees who gave a lot of 2 minutes exclusion to French players), and then Angola played well and never let France come back.

Hungary came back into the business in group 2 with a victory 28-26.

Krys TOFF

Angola won versus Croatia ! Angola seems really good this year. :o
France won 29-23 versus Macedonia. :)
France is now sure to be qualified, whatever the results of the last 2 days because Croatia and Macedonia has no point and they both lost versus France. So France is sure to be at least 4th of the group, even if we loose versus Norway and Russia (which will probably happen...) while Macedonia and Croatia win their last 2 matches.

Group 2 : another draw for Hungary : 30-30 versus Germany. It will be hard for Hungary versus Romania for the next match : Romania won 3 matches of 3 on the main round, and just won 32-19 versus Spain while Hungary got only a draw versus Spain some days ago...

CTG

Anyway I'm looking forward to see the result of Floyd Mayweather vs Ricky Hatton.

CTG

Mayweather...  :-\

HUNGARY - romania 34-31  ;D  :P

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 09, 2007, 07:13:01 PM
HUNGARY - romania 34-31  ;D  :P
Are you drunk ? Result is Romania 34-31 Hungary. :D Romania remains without defeat, like Norway in group 1.

Group 1 : Croatia lost again. Versus Norway it's not a surprise but I didn't expected Croatia to be so weak.
Angola won versus Macedonia.
Remaining match to play is Russia-France. It will be hard for France, even if Russia is not unbeatable (they lost versus Norway 22-21 yesterday). So far it's 11-6 for Russia after 21 minutes... :-\

CTG

CTG

Russia - France 31-20

That's a real result. ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Interesting results of today:

Russia-France 31-20
Hungary-Romania 34-31

It seems the sports (at least) took revenge on the history, when France stole huge areas of the Hungarian land in favour of Romania. :)

Let's hope the handball WCH will continue to produce very enjoyable results like these! :)

Forever HUNGARY!!! :)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Yep, it's Hungary 34-31 Romania

Damn, it was written the opposite when I checked before, and now they talk about a Hungarian victory ? What the hell are doing the French reporters ?!

Russia-France 31-20 :-X

Anyway, there's nothing else to say about our result versus Russia : it was expected, and the manager decided to change the team and let play the usual back-up players as France is already sure to be qualified. I hope it won't be such a big defeat versus Norway... ::)

In 2003, Hungary was favorite and let France came back into the match (just like France did versus Angola, letting Angola win finally). And France won the World Championship in the end.
Now it's different : numerous French players retired after 2003 and France is not back to the top teams. We are a good team, but not a top team as we were in 2003. Norway, Russia and Hungary are supposed to be the 3 top teams, even if Hungary hadn't proved it really before tonight compared to Russia and Norway. :P

CTG

We have to avoid a match with France. Reason is simple: it's easily predictable that refrees will help the home team. Even the stronger Russia sounds better for me... But of course Angola is the best choice. We just have to make a draw with South Korea... ;D