News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Pittsburgh Penguins - Philadelphia Flyers 2-8 (2-2, 0-3, 0-3)

:P

Krys TOFF

Too bad for Hungary : they lead 34-31 and finally lost 36-35 versus Rusia in QF of female handball.
Germany won too but it was not easy for them too versus Angola.
Very easy victory from norway versus South Korea.

Right now it's the last match : Romania-France. At the half-time France lead 14-8 with a wonderfull defense.
But now Romania came back and match is really sharp now (17-17 at 45 minutes of the match) !!!

Krys TOFF

End of regular time : 24-24 between France and Romania => extended time.

France lead 20-17, then Romania came back 20-20 and since that moment Romania always lead by 1 point and France always managed to get the draw each time from 20-20 to 24-24. Tought match !!!

Krys TOFF

First 5 minutes of extended time : France lead 26-24 but romania came back 26-26. I'm going to get crazy !

Krys TOFF

27-27 after 2nd extended time of 5 minutes. There will be 2x5 minutes again. My heart is going to explode...!

Krys TOFF

End of 3rd extended time period : 30-29for Romania. Romania lead twice by 1 point and France came back twice, but then France lost 2 easy goals and Romania didn't miss the penalty they got. :-[

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

oops its 34-30 to ROM and not too much to go...
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

Krys TOFF

This is over, France missed too much passes during 2nd half and let Romania back. During extended time, France missed easy goals while Romania missed much less.
Final score : Romania 34-31 France :'(

So, SF are (bold = my tip for winners) :
Norway - Germany
Russia - Romania

classification matches will be :
South Korea - Angola
Hungary - France (according to the match played versus Russia, Hungary is now favorite for 5th place overall).

CTG

Damn it we have to face France... But at least we will beat Angola for the 7th place. ;D

BonzaiJoe

I can't believe Denmark isn't even playing this tournament... We're olympic champions damnit...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

L?szl? Cseh broke the world record of short course 200 m individual medley swimming. Maybe he started to dope, his improvement is too visible in the last 8-10 months...

CTG

Quote from: CTG on December 14, 2007, 12:41:04 PM
L?szl? Cseh broke the world record of short course 200 m individual medley swimming. Maybe he started to dope, his improvement is too visible in the last 8-10 months...

Another WR from him: he's the first human being in history under 4 minutes (3:59.33) in short course 400 m individual medley swimming.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on December 13, 2007, 10:41:42 PM
Damn it we have to face France... But at least we will beat Angola for the 7th place. ;D
1st part of this prediction was right, I hope for you that 2nd part will be too. ;D

Final will be (logically) Norway vs Russia
Match for 3rd place will be Germany vs Romania
Match for 5th place will be South Korea vs France
Match for 7th place will be Angola vs Hungary.
Bold means my favorite for each match.

Anyway, I'm still surprised to see that France beat hungary (32-27). After the match played by Hungary versus Russia, Hungary was my favorite for 5th place. France lost by 12 points versus Russia, and yesterday Romania (same level as France, look at the QF match between these 2 teams) lost by 10 points versus Russia. Hungary lost only by 1 point versus Russia, and they fall down by 5 points versus France. It seems really that Hungarian players are inconstants, able to be among the best (like versus Russia), or to be a middle-class team (like versus Spain, South Korea or France). Quite strange...

Also, we now know that Russia is qualified for Olympic Games in Beijing. Norway was already qualified as European champion. Winner of World championship will be qualified too. In case Norway is World champion, then the vice-champion of Europe will be qualified. Russia is vice-champion of Europe. So, whatever the result of the final match, Russia will be qualified for OG.

Nations qualified 3 to 7 will have the right to play qualificative tournaments for OG. Last chance for Hungary to play OG is to be 7th. 8th team in World championship won't be at OG, that's sure. Good luck Hungary. And go France, kick South Koreans' asses and take the 5th place. We beat Norway and Hungary and almost Romania, we deserve to be in top 5. ;D

CTG

Hungarian female handball players make this game without soul and real team unity while their nerves are weak. We deserved to suck versus Angola.

Shame on these b i t c h e s! (except G?rbicz)

CTG

All Stars team of handball world cup:

Valerie Nicolas (FRA) -  Polina Vjakirjeva (RUS), Gro Hammerseng (NOR), Anita G?rbicz (HUN), Ionela Stanca-Gilca (ROM), Grit Jurack (GER), Jana Uszkova (RUS)

MVP: Katja Nyberg (NOR)
Top scorer: Grit Jurack (GER) 85 goals, 2nd: Anita G?rbicz (HUN) 80 goals