News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

4 golden medals at short course swimming European championship (L?szl? Cseh 3, D?niel Gyurta 1)

CTG

Female handball, European Champions League:

Slagelse-Gy?ri Audi ETO KC 20-24 (8-10)

G?rbicz wasn't in really good shape, she missed some penalties. Danish trainer, Anja Andrersen got a red card (what a surprise, guess for what ;D). ETO is the first in the group, independently from the last match of the group phase.

BonzaiJoe

Yep, she's the queen of red cards :)

Actually, I watched about 5 minutes of this match by chance. At one point, one of the hungarians suddenly scored a really kickass goal and I thought "ah, so this must be G?rbicz". And it was...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

In the women doubles final of Gold Coast tennis tournament:

Sz?vay ?gnes, Dinara Szafina (HUN, RUS, 3.) -  Zi Yan, Jie Zheng (both CHN, 2.) 6:1, 6:2

BonzaiJoe

In the women double final of some other tournament:

Caroline Wozniacki and Venus Williams (DEN, USA) vs Elena Dementieva and Someone Else (RUS, N/A) 6-4 6-4
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Dementieva is hot.

CTG

Female handball, EHF Champions League:

Podravka Koprivnica - Gy?ri Audi ETO KC 33-40 (12-21)

G?rbicz was the best scorer of the team again with 9 goals. :)

CTG

Next group stage for the best 8 female handball teams in Europe:

Group 1

Gy?ri Audi ETO KC (HUN), Oltchim Valcea (ROM), Lada Toljatti (RUS), N?rnberg (GER)

Group 2

Hypo N? (AUT), Slagelse (DEN), Viborg (DEN), Zvezda Zvenigorod (RUS)

Valcea and Toljatti will be really hard opponents...

Krys TOFF

Men handball Euro in norway, 1st day :

Group A :
Slovenia 34-32 Czech Rep.
Croatia - Poland is beeing played right now

Group B :
Russia 25-25 Montenegro
Denmark 26-27 Norway
Too bad for Denmark, but Norway had the advantage to play home. The draw of Russia may help Denmark

Group C :
Germany 36-24 Bielorussia
Hungary 35-28 Spain
Logical victory of Germany, good result for Hungary, Spain is never easy to play.

Group D :
France 32-31 Slovakia
Iceland - Sweden beeing played right now.
Logical but very difficult victory for France (current Euro champion) versus the weakest team of group D. I hope defence will get better for the next 2 matchs, else we will loose !
The last days for French team were crazy and preparation was not good : French team went to Budapest (2 matches won versus Hungary ;D) and then Spain (victory versus Argentina and Montenegro, defeat versus Spain), had numerous delay due to airplane late, they lost their equipement during the flights, ...
Last 10 days of preparation were just stupidly managed, we should have travelled only once, that means we should have played home versus Hungary (or another team) before going to spanish tournament. Now, French team arrives in the Euro competition beeing already tired. Stupid management IMO, I fear we won't stay Euro champion.

Anyway, winner of this tournament will be qualified for Olympic Games, except if Germany (already world champion and qualified for Olympic Games) is the winner. then I don't know if finalist of world championship (Poland) or finalist of this Euro will be qualified. Anyone knows ?

CTG

Very surprising victory versus Spain, our team showed something else when we prepared with playing versus Norway, Iceland and Portugal... Our goalkeeper showed world class performance!

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Quote from: JTK on January 20, 2008, 01:35:36 PM
28:24!  ;D
Yep, logical victory of Germany versus Hungary. Victory with the same score for France versus Sweden.
Last matches of 1st group today, with a world championship revenge for France versus Iceland.
Next week : France-Hungary, France-spain and France-Germany expected (except if Bielorussia beats Hungary tonight, which I don't think will happen), with French victory for all of them I hope. ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Results of teams concerned in the Stunts forum:

France-Iceland 30-21
Germany-Spain 22-30
Denmark-Russia 31-28
Hungary-Belarus 31-26

France qualified as group winners, carrying 4 pts to the main round.
Germany qualified by finishing 3rd in their group, carrying 2 pts to the main round.
Denmark qualified by finishing runner-up in their group, carrying 2 pts to the main round.
Hungary qualified as group winners, carrying 2 pts to the main round.

Main Round

Group I

Croatia 4, Norway 4, Denmark 2, Poland 2, Slovenia 0, Montenegro 0.

Group II

France 4, Hungary 2, Spain 2, Sweden 2, Germany 2, Iceland 0.

Olympic qualification:

The 2 best non-qualified teams (for the final olympic qualifying tournament) qualify for the final olympic qualifying tournament.

The winner of the ECH qualifies for the Olympics. If POL, DEN, FRA, CRO, RUS or ESP wins ECH or finishes 2nd behind Germany (this version is quite possible), ISL will automatically get qualified for the qualifying tournament.

Teams in competition for that 2 places: Norway (having 4 pts for the main round), Hungary (2), Sweden (2), Slovenia (0), Iceland (0 - but hopefully jumps out of competition because of things written above) and Montenegro (0). That means Hungary will probably have a key game for keeping olympic hopes alive against Sweden on Tuesday.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Philadelphia Flyers - Ottawa Senators 6-1 !!!

Beware pens, we are coming!  ;D

CTG

Typical Hungarian sports match in progress:

Hungary - Sweden 22-24

We can't win the important matches.