News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

27-27... Too bad!

BonzaiJoe

This tournament is becoming more fun that I had thought :) Our team is really stealing the headlines here now... Watch out Germany!
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

f.u.c.k off iceland!!!

Krys TOFF

Today is a great day.

Handball :
Group 1 : Germany is beaten by France, France is the only unbeaten team in this Euro and is sure to be in semi-finals while Spain (World champion in 2005) is already out. Germany (World champion 2007, thanks to the referee in semi-final versus France, no comment as we already talked about it) is also in great danger while Sweden seems to be back progressively to what it used the be (that is, the best team in the whole world during a decade).

I think that Sweden can beat Germany and be in semi-finals with France, they are better match after match while Germany know that they are already qualified for Olypic Games so they are less motivated.

Maybe Hungary can win versus France as France is now sure to be qualified and will give more rest to its best players during the match versus Hungary. But Hungary can't be in semi-finals anyway now, whatever the result of Sweden-Germany. The winner of Sweden-Germany will be in semi-finals, a draw between them will bring Sweden in semi-finals.

Group 1 : Denmark is not Olympic champion for nothing. They did it very well, getting better and better match after match, like Sweden. On the other hand, Croatia is still powerful but Norway is a real danger for Croatia, and today's match between them is a real quarter-final.

Denmark is almost already qualified, only a defeat of Denmark versus Slovenia and a draw between Croatia and Norway would put them out of the semi-finals (in this case Croatia and Norway would both be qualified).

Tennis : TSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !
Incredible victory versus Nadal in semi-final at Australian open : 6-2 6-3 6-2 !! Excellent. ;D

BonzaiJoe

Some parts of your post are incorrect :)

Denmark is not olympic champion, only the female team. Croatia is the the male olympic champion. Besides, if Denmark loses against Slovenia and Croatia wins against Norway, Croatia and Slovenia will make the semis.

Krys TOFF

Oh, right. Anyway, I hope to see France beating Denmark in final of this Euro. ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Results:

FRA-HUN 28-31
ESP-ISL 33-26

With that:

FRA 8
SWE 5 (+2) (4 matches only)
HUN 5 (-2)
ESP 4 (ESP is ahead, beat Germany)
GER 4 (4 matches only)
ISL 2

POL-MNE 39-23
SLO-DEN 23-28

With that:

DEN 8
CRO 6 (4 matches only)
POL 5 (+7)
NOR 5 (+2, 4 matches only)
SLO 4
MNE 0

In chase of olympic qualification: SWE, NOR, HUN

HUN is qualified for the OCT (Olympic Qualifying Tournament) if:
-Germany beats Sweden by 4 goals
-Sweden beats Germany, and Norway loses against Croatia

HUN will have a match for the place in OCT if:
-Norway loses against Croatia, and Germany doesn't beat Sweden by 4 goals (for the 7th place)
-Sweden beats Germany, and Norway plays a draw against Croatia (for the 5th place)
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 24, 2008, 08:20:46 PM
FRA-HUN 28-31
Thanks to French players turn-over (we were already qualified 1st of our group so it was logical to let the best have some rest), Hungary may have a chance to reach qualification tournament according to other results. Please, say thanks to France (I know you'll hate to do that ;D).

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 24, 2008, 08:32:03 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 24, 2008, 08:20:46 PM
FRA-HUN 28-31
Thanks to French players turn-over (we were already qualified 1st of our group so it was logical to let the best have some rest), Hungary may have a chance to reach qualification tournament according to other results. Please, say thanks to France (I know you'll hate to do that ;D).

Thanks, France! ;)

And I want to say thanks to Germany and/or Croatia by the end of the night! :)

816.79 km

lised

Sports? Never heard of it  ???

Very bad results tonight...

SWE-GER 29:31 and CRO-NOR 23:23

Norway and Sweden clinched last qualification spots. Hungary finished in 8th place.

816.79 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 24, 2008, 08:35:07 PM
Thanks, France! ;)
It's good to see you were able to say it. Sadly, Germany and Croatia were not as friendly with hungary as France was. Too bad for you... :-\

edit : I forgot to mention that semi-finals will be Denmark-Germany and France-Croatia.
If Germany is in final, then France (or Croatia) will sure be qualified for Olympic Games as Germany is already qualified, even if Germany win the Euro title.

CTG

Akoss:

Philadelphia Flyers - Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 :P

;D

CTG

Djokovic white-washed Federer, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ;D

I hate Federer as much as I used to hate Sampras.

BonzaiJoe

Come on... Roger Federer is one of the hottest men in the world, along with Robert Smith, Dave Gahan and Simon Gallup