News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports

Started by CTG, October 10, 2005, 01:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Tennis, Tier II WTA Tournament in Paris (600 000 USD)

quarter final match:
Ágnes Szávay (HUN, 7.) - Daniela Hantuchova (SVK, 2.) 7:6 6:1

semi final match:
Ágnes Szávay (HUN, 7.) - Elena Dementieva (RUS, 4.) 6:3 1:6 7:5

final:
Ágnes Szávay (HUN, 7.) - Anna Chakvetadze (RUS, 1.) tomorrow, LIVE on Eurosport

GREEEEEEEAT

BÖFF!!!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

I hope Szávay will lose. :P

penguins can't fly - we can! :D

Quote from: CTG on February 10, 2008, 06:49:22 PM
I hope Szávay will lose. :P

penguins can't fly - we can! :D

Today's match:

Pittsburgh Penguins - Philadelphia Flyers 4-3!!!   ;D ;D ;D

DICKSUCKER FLYERS!!!

MALKIN FOR PRESIDENT

629.09 km

CTG

Chulk

Crazy accident in NHL! Richard Zednick almost dies after a teammate cut his Carotid artery with his skate! Lucky for him, the stadium had a clinic within and doctors could save him. Look at how the ice ended...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

What a shame it didn't happen to Malkin (PIT)... ;D

CTG

A legendary record is broken: Krisztina Egerszegi (five times olympic, two times world, nine times European champion) made an incredible world record in women's 200 backstroke swimming with her unique beautiful swimming technique in 1991 (2:06.62). Now it's over after 17 years - one of the new era's dope b i t c h, Kirsty Coventry beated it (2:06.39). :(

Female handball, European Champions League:

Györi Audi ETO KC - Nürnberg 30-25 (17-11)

Görbicz scored 12 goals... ;)

It's really sad... Egerszegi was far the best dope-free female swimmer, her record should have lasted forever... I cannot weave into words what I am feeling... doping beat beautiful and technique swimming now... Egerszegi is the best, no matter what the others say...

skid YOU AFRICAN Helen!!!

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Don't worry, if she's too doped, it will be found out at some point, and the record will be erased. Like Marion Jones' records.

Only big doper who's cover has never been blown is Lance Armstrong. And I'msure he will never admit anything.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

It has to be mentioned that:

1, rules changed since 1991, swimmers are allowed to make more movements under the water after turning ---> big advantage, at least a few tenth seconds/turn

2, there were no hyper-streamlined swimsuites in 1991 ---> 1-2 second avantage

3, Dopes, muscles vs swimming style. Egerszegi was world famous for her unique swimming technique (very harmonic moves, no struggling) and wasn't really muscular. Now check the current champions, making half of their training in a gym and not in the water...

Egerszegi used to win her races with a HUGE gap. I guess with the same rules and swimsuites she would make an easy 2:03.

CTG

Tomorrow night we have a great match again in heavyweight professional boxing!

Wladimir Klitschko (world champion of IBF and IBO, won 49, lost 3 matches, 44 K.O.)
vs
Sultan Ibragimov (world champion of WBO, won 22, drawn 1 match, 17 K.O.)

Maybe the most exciting heavyweight event of the last few years! Don't miss it - somebody will do a really big knockout! ;)

Chulk

Taylor's Revenge! Awful injury for Croatian (Brazilian) Eduardo da Silva. He won't be at Euro 2008, and some pesimistic experts say he might not be able to play football again.

Here you can see a pic of the injury.

CTG

Still unbeatable... My team faced maybe the stongest European club in female handball. And we won! ;)

Györi ETO KC - Oltchim Valcea (ROM) 30-27 (16-13)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on February 25, 2008, 09:44:08 PM
Still unbeatable... My team faced maybe the stongest European club in female handball. And we won! ;)

Györi ETO KC - Oltchim Valcea (ROM) 30-27 (16-13)
The maybe your team is the strongest European club in female handball...  ;)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on February 25, 2008, 09:38:15 PM
Taylor's Revenge! Awful injury for Croatian (Brazilian) Eduardo da Silva. He won't be at Euro 2008, and some pesimistic experts say he might not be able to play football again.

Here you can see a pic of the injury.

Damn, that was very depressing  :( It's scary how it seems spetacular leg fractures became more common in world-class footbal in those last three or so years - Cissé twice, Alan Smith, to a lesser extent Totti and now Eduardo... If anything, at least those recent cases seem to indicate prognostics are not necessarily "fatal" with current medicine advances - and BTW, latest estimates from Arsenal about Eduardo are ~9 months time for full recovery.