News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Bike topic

Started by zaqrack, November 07, 2005, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

none of these

I'm Schumacher. Really. Try to translate my name. :)

Renato Biker

I have a very bad news to the biker fans: today one cyclist was victim of a accident, he died training on highway of Curitiba, he was my friend...  :cry:  more one victim of a negligence driver.

zaqrack

:(

we are protesting and having bit cyclist strikes in the city protesting for more bike roads and safer biking. You should perhaps do something like that to prevent such horrible accidents :(

Renato Biker

I will see what we can do, I know we can improve the biking safe.

Some months ago, here was happening several assaults to cyclists in Curitiba, then we organized a protest. We congregated more than 400 cyclists and closed the highway. We called the TV periodical. After that never had assaults again. I think we can do something like that again, protesting for safer biking.

Renato Biker

how fast was you reach on your bike?

I reached 104km/h  ;-)  :D

zaqrack

88.6 km/h is my best yet. Offroad it's 72 km/h

al il professore

my fastest is in a race, but i never logged it.

one stupid thing is to watch carefully the odometer reaching the peak speed... this is stupid, it will make somebody die someday... i watched carefully my odometer reach 72 this year :)

but now I stopped bike season and started american football training. first match in the end of april!!! I'll post a pic of me in a complete football equipment soon.

The next of the one hundred things i have to do before I die is to buy a recumbent bike and tour.

we don't need protests against cars, they already won. the road is a jungle with no policemen and no laws, the top of the feeding chain is the truck and the bottom is the cyclist. and everybody will tell you that: surprisingly, to survive, the cyclist must live like the early mammals: at night with lights. cars at night are soooooo much nice with cyclists! they always slow down and respect the famous one meter and half to overtake you!!!

I dont have any lessons to car drivers, or to cyclists, my own experience was to apply permanent survival rules directed in preventing: hitting a pedestrian (in the feeding chain, our only prey with dogs and flies) and sustain a car hit. here is a r?sum?:

1. trust nothing else than YOUR TWO HANDS ON THE BRAKE LEVERS. speed is life.

2. trust no car lights choose the worst scenario. cemetaries are full of good guys choosing the most optimistic scenario.

3. MAKE EYE CONTACT or turn your head to the car CROSSING your path. because cars crossing your path NEVER SEE YOU because of this STUPID and well known dead angle... brakes if the guy is looking elsewhere, brakes if he is on the phone AND looking at you, brakes, brakes, brakes on every intersection. brakes!

4. think about it: You'll never know from which direction came the hit that killed you... your neck muscles are enough to turn your skull but too weak to resist a brutal deceleration, your head banging on the road IS ALWAYS the fatal wound. WEAR AN HELMET. its not hot, its not heavy its not expensive and you penetrate the air better with an helmet than without.

5. SHOUT ON ALL DANGEROUSLY WANDERING PEDESTRIANS SHORT AND LOUD from a distance (I personally love the international agressive OH!). Prefer to tell them jokes in the ambulance?

6. When you suit up, think you can DIE today if you don't THINK SECURITY OVERALL.

7. be responsible for 'em: they are not responsible on the road, they are  kids playing a car game. you are dying if you dont take the responsability for them, for the security of everybody.

8. situational awareness and speed control is the key to cross the red lights. slow down, refresh your situational awareness with sounds, visual and seventh sense signals... check for policemen, CROSS IT! you can if they dont catch you. you are a biker. an hells angel.

9. you are the bottom of the feeding chain: think DEFENCE. never think agression. think agression with a car, or a truck. or a m62 abrahams TANK...

10. the only menace left is the dangerous and ephemere transitional state between a car driver and a pedestrian: the CAR DOOR OPENER. it can hurt. dont listen the car horns following you riding in the middle of the road aside a lane of stationed cars. respect a one meter range between the stationed cars and your right shoulder. if you dont, that car door opening will be so fast that 30% time you will hit the floor. ten car horns is not that disturbing. hitting the floor can kill you.

P.S. if the shit gets thick, remember that "ces connards de mal bais?s en voiture" don't they argue a lot with a bike rider smiling at them.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I'm not a big biker, although I really like to ride my bike. My speed record is 73.0 km/h not too far from Kazincbarcika on a slope.

Btw Usrin and me we did a 88km long hilly bike trip to Zabar (the coldest valley in Hungary), with an average of 19.2 km/h (including a 2-3 km long offroad trip next to Saj?n?meti, when we had to face with very muddy conditions). The pictures will be uploaded onto my site in a few days.

It's a pity that all my friends abandoned riding their bike, so I have to go alone in almost all of the cases. I'm really glad if Usrin comes and rarely we can do a bike trip. :) I don't really like and I don't really dare to go alone, because there are some ferocious dogs in the surrounding villages. The furthest destination I can go to (I dare to go to) is Miskolc, via Lyuk?b?nya. Despite these I'm about to do around 1 500 bike kilometres this year.
Chürműű! :-)

917.47 km

zaqrack

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"Despite these I'm about to do around 1 500 bike kilometres this year.

I'l remind you to keep it :)
I already had 1500 this year I intend to do at least 8000, though I cant perfectly trace it as my commuter bike doesnt have a speedometer

Usrin

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"Btw Usrin and me we did a 88km long hilly bike trip to Zabar (the coldest valley in Hungary), with an average of 19.2 km/h (including a 2-3 km long offroad trip next to Saj?n?meti, when we had to face with very muddy conditions).
Btw on the day before I did a 103 km long trip from Paszto to Kazincbarcika with an average of 18.6 km/h by a bit overweighted bike (because of the beers I carried :)). Fortunately I didn't meet any dogs...

I think my speed record (62 km/h) is by far the weakest here... Well, there are absolutely no hills around my hometown, so I haven't get used to these high speeds, and perhaps I'm too careful when sometimes I bike in the mountains. But I'm afraid that Alain's words are even more true in Hungary...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Okay Zak, please remind me! :) So far I have around 250-260, all of these are from the last 30 days. I'll have time for it (to do the 1 500) in the exam period and in the summer :)

My yearly record is 2 036 kms, back in 2000.

917.47 km

Renato Biker

I did 15000km last year.

my daily distance record is 245km, with on average of 29km/h. One trip between Curitiba - Guaratuba and came back. It was a hard return because Curitiba's altitude is approximately 950m, and Guaratuba is 0m (a beach). More than 8 hours biking  ;-)

Hmm daily records... it is 123 kilometres, back in 2004 (it was done with Usrin, too).

917.47 km

Renato Biker

hey Akoss, let's motivate CTG to bike with you, he is fat  :-D  see his comparative picture with a old photo ;)

CTG

Oh LOL, did I send it to you too?  :oops:  :-D