News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

The NORH Scoreboard

Started by Argammon, January 24, 2006, 06:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

To say the least I am a bit puzzled about the 2 leading times on the norh scoreboard.
They really look very strong to me and I am not a bad norh pipsqueak myself.
I know my racing skill is rusty and the Jaguar is not my car but even with continuing TWICE after crashing I only drove some 1.23.95.

The track is really hard as it's easy to crash into one of the many slaloms or to fail to skip the up/down cork,crash after the jump into the left right cork.

The natural conclusion would be to race a bit more carefully,which should cost some more time.

I've heard BJ is an amazing norh handling pipsqueak,though when we raced some races few years ago I bet him now and then but maybe he has improved.CTG is even a lot more puzzling,but maybe he suddenly became the stunts master,who knows :-)

Well guys,if you did not cheat you have my respect!

Greetings
Arg

al il professore

shut up and just try and play better :) CTG doesn't believe in... me? and you don't want to believe in CTG. you resemble CTG which is resembling a brain's AIDS.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

You can check my replay out - I uploaded it to the team forum. When I first tried Z59 without replay handling, I was a bit baffled too about CTG's 1.21 and even Renato's 1.25, but it gradually got better... I've had to try quite hard for my current time, and still tonight I'm trying to beat CTG again. I am also quite baffled at his performance, because at WSM 2004 (which was, after all, just a few months before he won on Z45), he was nowhere near me or Akoss, rather fighting for 3rd place with Zak McKracken. So he has certainly improved! Anyway, all there is to do is keep on trying. Thanks for your respect Argy
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

You should try to read more carefully Alain.

I did not say what your post implies.

I left BOTH possibilities open,and didn't chose any....

BTW:'brain's AIDS' and similar expressions don't have any place on an adults forum.

Greetings Arg

al il professore

i am pointing out the brain's aids: its a malware way of thinking that is made to spread to other brains...

ctg wants to make people defiant on ayrton or renato... but it's not the truth... they are real pipsqueaks.

and you just tried the same maneuver with CTG's time... I believe he was able to race his time NORH way... I have no reason to think he cheated it... do you have any serious reason??? just one? so shut up.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

No RH scoreboard is also a matter of patience, a matter of the invested time to drive. If you drive each day an hour, you will certainly be under 1:20. I guess you (Argammon) didn't do this. CTG said on the premeeting of WSM 2005 (13 July, Budapest) that he had improved a lot - but he only got closer to me and Zak, he was not better than us. I guess CTG invested far the most time to do that time.

I tried this track without replay handling. Well, the conditions weren't the best: no sound (I still can't play without sound, I don't feel the speed at corners), 4 a.m. and sleepiness, win xp (delayed reaction to keypresses). I did 1:28.xx in about 40 minutes.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Argammon

"ctg wants to make people defiant on ayrton or renato... but it's not the truth... they are real pipsqueaks."

So what?This has nothing to do with this topic.

"and you just tried the same maneuver with CTG's time"

Can we please try to grow up? I have to quote myself:Well guys,if you did not cheat you have my respect!

That is what I said.And please don't make any other stuff up :)

Argammon

Btw do you guys know how probabilities work?

Imagine the Stunts oracle rolls a D10 (that is a 10 sided dice  8)) and Alain and Argammon are trying to 'guess' the score:

1)Argammon says: It's likely that the number the oracle rolled is between 2 and 9,including those numbers.

2)Alain answers:I believe the stunts oracle rolled a 1.I have no reason to think she didn't.Do you have a serious reason to say she didn't?Just one?Shut up. :lol:

The connection between the times on the scoreboard and the dice example is that both of us don't know what they did.We are just guessing.And as I was only guessing I left all possibilities open.

I think I have made this crystal clear now.

Greetings
Arg

CTG

I have spent 5 hours on my noRH lap, a lot more than the RH one. If BJ races 5 hours, he'll do 1:12.

Argammon

Ok,see that's a good explanation.

That's what I wanted to hear  8).
It's still a very good time though.but with 5 hours it seems feasible.

I didn't even get the idea somebody would drive so much.I got crazy after crashing about 10 minutes   :twisted:

BonzaiJoe

I've raced about 1-2 hours today, and did 1.17.00 :( (but that was without skipping any loop) - I want to make it clear that I will never do 1.12 without replay handling. If you see me doing 1.12. I am cheating, okay? :D

CTG

skipping the first loop is easy, 20-25% of my replays was successful in that.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Only 5 hrs, CTG? It seems like when the girls say 'I've only had sex with 2 boys so far'... :? :? :?
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Well it's only in about 5% of my replays that I make it to the first loop...

Argammon

I didn't finish once.

IMO the car drives like a sick camel.If I drive a corner a single arrow press makes the car overstear and releasing makes it overstear also  :twisted:

Kudos to anyone being able to drive this piece of junk  8)