News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

EVENT PLAN

Started by zaqrack, January 31, 2006, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lised

Quote from: "zaqrack"
Quote from: "lised"
Quote from: "zaqrack":D

Well Akoss and usrin are the weather experts, but as I recall in August daytime temperature is usually around/above 30C, in the evening its around 20. Rains are very rare, but we'll have the raingod with us so that doesnt matter anyway :)

Really? You won't see me at all then  :D  I'll be off with my bikini and a lot of books! :D

No way, I'll also go with you to the "beach" :)
I did that with Thomas and we had incredible fun on the water slides :)

You will?  :D You know what...I have a feeling that the summer really can't get any better now  :smt026

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "zaqrack"
Quote from: "lised"BJ and I now have our tickets, so we will be there for sure!  :smt050  I'm really looking forward to see you, drink beer and palinka, play stunts and enjoy the lovely summersun with you!  :D

oh great! did you bu y the ridiculously  cheap one i found for you? :)
I looked for the prices, and it's the same as 2 years ago : quite expensive for me...
Best price I found is 72 ? both ways (from 9th to 16th) but I have to add the train ticket to join Orly airport. Overall, it's a bit more than 100 ? just for the travel.
If I add the cost of food during this week + travel by train to Akoss' city
+ cart race + potential other things to do or to buy, then it will be more than 150 ? overall, maybe even close to 200?, which is more than I can afford. Trip to Denmark cost me around 100? last year overall.
For less than 200?, I'll go 1 week with all my family on Normandy, very close to the sea.
Sorry, my family 1st. It's now (almost) sure I won't come.

BonzaiJoe

But you must have some kind of plan to come :-) Otherwise you wouldn't have looked for flights - you couldn't have expected to find anything cheaper than 72 Euros... that's very cheap.

See you in August!  :P
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

The trip to Denmark cost 58 000 HUF to me (travelling, eating, drinking, premeeting in Budapest, tivoli park etc.), which is around 230 Euro. I wonder if a poor Hungarian could afford it once... I'm not going to finish the sentence.

An average western European earns 10 times more than a Hungarian, and the prices are only 1,5-3 times more than here... So...

:?  :?  :?
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"...it will be more than 150 ? overall, maybe even close to 200?, which is more than I can afford

And what if I lend you some money? :) Not too much because I'm not a rich man but let's say 20 Euros. More than nothing. Just come!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"The trip to Denmark cost 58 000 HUF to me (travelling, eating, drinking, premeeting in Budapest, tivoli park etc.), which is around 230 Euro. I wonder if a poor Hungarian could afford it once... I'm not going to finish the sentence.

An average western European earns 10 times more than a Hungarian, and the prices are only 1,5-3 times more than here... So...

:?  :?  :?
Let me explain : I probably have a good salary compared to the ones paid in Hungary, yes.
But :
- I have a wife and 4 children to supply with just my own salary,
- I have a house to pay (still 12 years to pay, I pay it for 8 years now),
- I have 2 cars, still 1 to pay (a big one for the 6 of us, and a small Citro?n Saxo just for me to go to work which is not finished to be paid),
- Life is probably more expensive in France than Hungary just because average salary is higher : cost for food only for the 6 of us is around 150 ? for only one week. Average cost per week is 200 ? if I add upkeeping products and other non-food things. I do not count some additionnal things like DVD and so on (which I do not buy very often). How much do you pay for 1 week Akoss ?

Let's make it mathematic :
- 200? / week x 4.5 week /month = 900 ?
- house and car cost = 800 ? / month (only 600 ? starting in December 2006 when my Saxo will be paid)
- other loan I also have for raw material cost I took to improve my house (create 2 bedrooms made in the attic) : 100 ? / month (this one stops in november 2006).
Overall costs = 900 + 800 + 100 = 1800 ?.
I earn 1850 ? / month.
Free money remaining = ?

Of course, things will be a lot better in 2007 because I'll have 300 ? of loan that will be stopped. But for this year, as for the last 2 years, situation is sharp. It was easier when my wife still had a job, but it stopped 2 years ago and she didn't get a new one since then (when you write "4 children" on a curriculum vitae, it stops everyone :? )

CTG

Okay, let's increase my offer to 25 Euros.  :)

CTG

Krys: Tell me the maximal costs you can still afford and we will solve it somehow. I hope others will help a bit too.

1850 Euros per a month? Then the cost of the meeting would be only 10-11% of a monthly salary for you.

An average Hungarian earns around 400 Euros per a month. For him, the price would be around 50% of a monthly salary. And the Hungarians will be there. And were in the distant Denmark!

I must cover the cost of the meeting from my stipendium and pocket money. It's not too much. The two together is 95-100 Euros/month, and I have to buy food, drinks, books, photocopy etc. from it in the university. And the Hungarians will be there!!! And were in the distant Denmark!!!!!!

Remark: The household, car etc. costs' proportion must be the same here in Hungary compared to other countries.

629.09 km

zaqrack

look, don't bother Krys with these things.

If I'd have a fixed amount of money for holidays, and I'd have 4 children, I'd also choose my children instead of a Stunts Meeting.

Hopefully that'll never happen, but still, I can understand his point.

zaqrack

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"
Remark: The household, car etc. costs' proportion must be the same here in Hungary compared to other countries.

It's nowehere near close!!!
The reason why living is cheaper here is mainly because of the significantly lower household costs.

We can upkeep our flat with all the bills and the foods for the two of us with my brother from 500EUR/month. That includes about 200EUR for foods, 200 for the bills, and the rest 100EUR is what we get as pocket money.

I said the proportinos, and not the costs.

629.09 km

CTG

The question was not about costs of living. I think it's hard to keep such a big family from one salary and I accept if Krys says it's too expensive for him. To help a bit, I offered some money for the WSM - if you want to come.

BonzaiJoe

I won't mix in other people's economical issues, we just have to accept Krys' decision of priority, even though it is sad. I guess it's not just about money, but also about time. You can always find 200 Euroes in your budget to go to WSM if you really want to. Then you just have to save them elsewhere. If Krys doesn't want to save them on the family holiday, and doesn't want to save them on something else either, that's his decision. Sad for us, but fair enough.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

Anyway I hope Krys will come.  :)