News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

problems in budapest ?

Started by Krys TOFF, September 19, 2006, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on June 06, 2013, 11:30:23 AM
Quote from: CTG on June 06, 2013, 08:51:24 AM
Another kind of trouble: flood is coming on the Danube. Budapest will survive it easily, but my hometown won't...

And there's again the typical bullshit in the Hungarian media: they are panicking about Budapest and asking people to help "protecting the city", and don't tell too much about other parts of the country, where help would be really needed. Don't they see that in Budapest the Danube flows in a deep trough, the riverside is higher even than the expected record flood, so there are no dams to be strengthened? (The only exception is a housing estate north of Zak's place, but it is also only ~1 m below flood level... In NW Hungary, there are large areas which could be easily flooded by 2-3 m of water.)

Exactly. The country with water-head...

Pessimistic as usual: I think Bácsa will be flooded. Experts say the highest water level will be on Saturday - meanwhile the historical record is already very close (45 cms left, still increasing very fast, + 3-5 cm/hours).

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on June 06, 2013, 11:37:08 AM
Pessimistic as usual: I think Bácsa will be flooded. Experts say the highest water level will be on Saturday - meanwhile the historical record is already very close (45 cms left, still increasing very fast, + 3-5 cm/hours).

The chances as I see them:
- flooding of areas protected by dams anywhere in Hungary: 40%
- flooding of Bácsa: 10%
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

CTG

Quote from: CTG on June 06, 2013, 11:37:08 AM
Experts say the highest water level will be on Saturday - meanwhile the historical record is already very close (45 cms left, still increasing very fast, + 3-5 cm/hours).

The record is already broken, one day left before the highest level.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on June 06, 2013, 02:41:17 PM

According to the news, it increased to 50% because of the crappy embankment in Györújfalu (~4 km from us).

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on June 07, 2013, 08:52:34 PM
Quote from: Usrin on June 06, 2013, 02:41:17 PM

According to the news, it increased to 50% because of the crappy embankment in Györújfalu (~4 km from us).

Wouldn't there be any obstacle in the way of the water between Györújfalu and Bácsa? When I made my estimations, I thought there would... (I gave the 40% mostly because of Györújfalu, where the dam was under construction when the flood came, but I didn't know that it threatens Bácsa.) Btw, people were evacuated from Györújfalu, but not from Bácsa, so the experts still think that it is safe.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Quote from: Usrin on June 07, 2013, 10:32:20 PM
Wouldn't there be any obstacle in the way of the water between Györújfalu and Bácsa? When I made my estimations, I thought there would...

No, there isn't.