News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

USC new season rules

Started by Argammon, April 03, 2006, 04:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

Let me evaluate some of them:

QuoteExtra points: 'Man of the race' +1 point (the winner can get it too if his performance was unexpected and excellent), IRC rules driving +1 point (you know, at least one wheel on the road and no tricks), activity bonus +1 point/race and leading time bonus +1 point/200 hours leading.

The "man of the race"  bonus is highly subjective!For example Usrin didn't deserve it last race as he admitted himself.Please remove it from the rules.

The IRC rules driving bonus is just silly.I just can't see the reason.You won't be able to reach a decent place if you race that way so you proly decided not to care about points anyways.What do you want with 1 point ?

The activity bonus makes no sense either.If someone misses a single race he already has a big disadvantage to someone who raced all races.So there is already an 'implicit' nonactivity malus in the rules.No need for the bonus.

The leading time bonus is to big.And I really hope the competition manager won't steal it from the rest of the tracers!!!

So please reconsider this rules.I think most pipsqueaks would agree with me on those points!
:!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  ;-)  :!:  :twisted:

CTG

Quote from: "Argammon"The "man of the race"  bonus is highly subjective!For example Usrin didn't deserve it last race as he admitted himself.Please remove it from the rules.

Partly you are right, MOR bonus point is very subjective. Btw I took it back from Usrin. You disagree with giving MOR to the winner - I gave this bonus to the winner if he was a so called weaker driver. Imagine a race when top dogs are lazy and less talented but very active pipsqueak kicks their ass and wins the race. Dottore's replay was a really great one compared to his former results - that's why he got it. Back to subjective evaluation: I can cancel the bonus and keep MOR without that point, as a kudo. It won't mean anything on the scoreboard but it will be a honour of the performance (like Fair Play title in football).

Quote from: "Argammon"The IRC rules driving bonus is just silly.I just can't see the reason.You won't be able to reach a decent place if you race that way so you proly decided not to care about points anyways.What do you want with 1 point ?

IRC rules bonus is useful for pipsqueaks of the lower regions (around 8-12th place). They have the chance to earn points with a little bit more work. If somebody is fighting for serious rankings then he won't ever use this rule. But it can be important for the less talented guys. IRC bonus stays.

Quote from: "Argammon"The activity bonus makes no sense either.If someone misses a single race he already has a big disadvantage to someone who raced all races.So there is already an 'implicit' nonactivity malus in the rules. No need for the bonus.

All right, it's really nonsense. I just wanted to help the weaker but active drivers with this rule in the last season but it hits back sometimes. Activity bonus cancelled.

Quote from: "Argammon"The leading time bonus is to big.And I really hope the competition manager won't steal it from the rest of the tracers!!!

1 point/200 hours is too big if there's no other commonly used bonus? I don't think so. It's very useful to inspire the contestants with the possibility of +3 points. Of course it won't happen too often that somebody gets 600 hours or more... LTB stays.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "CTG"
Quote from: "Argammon"The IRC rules driving bonus is just silly.I just can't see the reason.You won't be able to reach a decent place if you race that way so you proly decided not to care about points anyways.What do you want with 1 point ?

IRC rules bonus is useful for pipsqueaks of the lower regions (around 8-12th place). They have the chance to earn points with a little bit more work. If somebody is fighting for serious rankings then he won't ever use this rule. But it can be important for the less talented guys. IRC bonus stays.
I think it's good to keep it, especially if activity bonus is cancelled.
It allows weaker drivers to get at least one point.
And don't forget that 1 point can make the difference in the end : that's the difference between CTG and Usrin.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: "CTG"
Partly you are right, MOR bonus point is very subjective. Btw I took it back from Usrin. You disagree with giving MOR to the winner - I gave this bonus to the winner if he was a so called weaker driver. Imagine a race when top dogs are lazy and less talented but very active pipsqueak kicks their ass and wins the race. Dottore's replay was a really great one compared to his former results - that's why he got it. Back to subjective evaluation: I can cancel the bonus and keep MOR without that point, as a kudo. It won't mean anything on the scoreboard but it will be a honour of the performance (like Fair Play title in football).

Good idea - it was the same way in ISA. Just an honorary title, but then again, all titles are illusional, so this isn't worth less than others :-)
But we can't be quite sure.