Poll

Who will win the original 4D Sports Driving game?

Bonzai Joe
6 (50%)
CTG
0 (0%)
Argammon
3 (25%)
Akoss Poo
0 (0%)
Zak McKracken
0 (0%)
Mislav
0 (0%)
JTK
0 (0%)
KHR
0 (0%)
Usrin
1 (8.3%)
Lise
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 16, 2006, 03:57:44 AM

Author Topic: Who will win the live racing contest at WSM 2006?  (Read 10147 times)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

• Recognising intense spam presence
  • Chürmüü! :-)
    • View Profile
Who will win the live racing contest at WSM 2006?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
Quote from: "Argammon"
OR I will design a car with max speed 10mph and acceleration like a slug.Happy live racing  :twisted:

It's only a shitty game. There's no place for vengeance.
Wer lebt weit von hier, wo der Bambus steht? Euer Sexueller Belästigungspanda.

2927.46 km

Argammon

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 11:21:03 PM »
Escape???
Helllo?!

The skoda is a CHEAT car,yes a CHEAT car and not an original stunts car.

The performance is unrealistic.The steering is totally unrealistic even compared to test drive 1.

I will -not- race that car as it doesn't add anything good to the original game.

I think some thoughts here might need to grow up.
Yes it is a shitty game.But that does not mean we have to edit stupid cheat cars in.And while I can accept the melange the skoda is no challange it is a badly designed cheat car.

PLease.....in the future.... for the sake of the bottle of whine..... never mind

BonzaiJoe

• Eats Stunts
    • View Profile
    • Purple
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 12:10:42 PM »
Well that's one contender for the original game box out of the way if someone makes a Skoda track.

I mean, all the cars are unrealistic. The game is unrealistic, that's what's fun about it. I realise the Skoda is more unrealistic than the Melange and other cars, but are you really racing Stunts for realism?

I hope there will not be a Skoda track, because I don't like the car much, and it's hard to race live with. But if there is, of course I'll race. I don't see what I would gain from not racing ? Except if I was leading and wanted to give the game to someone who wanted it more than me.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »
Quote from: "zaqrack"
you wanted to say....

racing

don't you? :)

I do not understand a word you've written. And I turn my back to you. Speak to the hand, my ear ain't listening anymore. Racing! Pffffffffffff....

:P

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

• Recognising intense spam presence
  • Chürmüü! :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 06:38:58 PM »
Argammon, I'm sorry to say that and don't want to hurt you, but that really sound bullshit... Skoda was used in Stunts competitions, in live contests... please, if somebody desings a Skoda track, race with us! ;)

Btw I haven't said that I really would design that Skoda track for sure.
Wer lebt weit von hier, wo der Bambus steht? Euer Sexueller Belästigungspanda.

2927.46 km

Usrin

• DOHC V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2006, 08:49:13 PM »
After drinking some Palinka, nobody will have any problem with any car, and everybody will want to take part in every races. :D Btw, my main problem with Skoda is also its "unrealistic" behaviour. Well, this is an unrealistic game... But for example, when I saw Stunts for the first time, I wanted to race with manual transmission immediately. Why? It was harder, but I felt automatic transmission very unrealistic in any kind of car racing. It seemed ridicuolusly simple, like the acceleration of Skoda...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

• Having only spam addict friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »
But if everybody hates Skoda why we use it?
5279,56 km (PB)

BonzaiJoe

• Eats Stunts
    • View Profile
    • Purple
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »
Well, we probably won't. Sorry, I forgot to add you in the poll CTG - you're not active enough on the forum :-)

CTG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »
Skoda is not my favorite car of course but we need a silly race too and it's good for this purpose.
5279,56 km (PB)

Argammon

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 11:58:46 AM »
1)The point is that the skoda is not an official car.
If I race stunts it's kind of 'old games nostalgia' so I am not interested in any non original cars.
If someone makes a non original car it has to be very good and thoughtfully designed and not look like a 5 year old kindergarden kid made it like the skoda.
This is a skoda and not a formula 1 car!

2)Realism

The driving behaviour of the cars is not THAT unrealistic if you discount the 'bugs' for example if you drive a normal long corner I think the realism is 'ok' though far away from being perfect.At least it feels like I am driving a CAR.
With the skoda I don't feel like I am driving a CAR but rather some undefined way to fast slippery being.

3)If someone designed a rocket-car as they use them on the salt lake I would have said ok might be fun for a joke.But this is a Skoda!!!

4)Next time someone designs a 245mph "Soap box car" .... sorry there is a border and Skoda crossed it for me.I hated it from the beginning.

Imagine a variant of chess where all pieces but 1 could just move 1 square forward per turn and the remaining last piece could teleport anywhere.

Sorry there is a border even for stupid ideas.We don't have to do everything.

Skoda topic closed for me.

CTG

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2006, 01:48:47 PM »
Strange from a person who won't come.  :P

(Prove it that you will!) :)
5279,56 km (PB)

BonzaiJoe

• Eats Stunts
    • View Profile
    • Purple
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 12:23:12 PM »
In such a chess variant, it would be automatically checkmate from the start  :-)

Argammon: I understand why you hate the Skoda, but again, it's just your own problem if you don't race (if there will indeed be a Skoda track). Then someone else will win the game, it's fair enough.