News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Infected South Americans

Started by vamologocomisso, April 20, 2006, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vamologocomisso

first of all, akoss sure was hard, but we south americans(not everybody, of course) dont care much to it, because for us stunts is just for casual fun, when we dont have anything better to do. Dont get me wrong, I really love to play stunts, and most of all, to compete against great drivers (all around the world, including the infected south americans, hehehe).

It seems to me that stunts was a "way of life" for you europeans back then (Gold Era, hehehe). Like, the main subject, the bigest hobbie, what you did with all(almost) of yours free time (not just playing, but making real friends, chating, laughting, etc). And because of that, everything was more fun and dense.

I start to play because my real (flesh and bone) frined, DarkChaser, told me all about it (in 2004). And we used to play this very game in 91 until 93. If was magic to remember those days.

Now I will get to the point. The point is that, like kids, we(me, DarkChaser, all of you) were VERY excited to remember those kids days, the fun, the joy. And still like kids, after a while(depends a lot) we start to lose the super-hyper-mega happiness we tasted in the beginning. Again, dont get me wrong... and dont forget that some just start to have a very busy life.

The question that I want to do is: Would "your" "clean" competition-community-happiest days stayed the same as allways IF we, infectted south americans(:)) dont ever joined ??? Think about it...

By the way, why Fdzierva, Roy Wiegerinck, Ben Snel, Bismarck, and all of the first stars of this competition "retired" from this community whitout the infected invasion ? :cry:

Dont be like Rubens Barrichello who blame everything, everyone for his failures! :wink:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

BonzaiJoe

I think the whole continental split is over-rated. It means we can't have Stunts Meetings together, that's it. Alan Rotoi was a part of the "golden era" too, and nobody said he was infected with anything...
I can't stand the idea of judging or diving people by town, nation, continent, skin colour, sex or anything else. Look at a person and see what he's like. I once asked to have the danish flag removed from my name because I don't want to race for a country, but it was rejected :-)

I think apart from what you wrote, another factor is the nostalgia-factor. All times look better and more glorious when they are long ago. I have noticed this in other parts of my life too: I long back to a certain period, and then when I think deeper, I remember that I was very unhappy during that period, and I shouldn't long back to it. I don't know why this is...

I think it's wrong to say that Stunts was our whole lives back then. I don't think people generally play less or more now. Only the chatroom is a bit dead, but it has been from time to time...
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

I think everyone approaches stunts racing from a different way. For some its nostalgy. For some there is no other goal than winning. For me it was always about the community and not the game itself. Some take it seriously, some less. Some play it every day, some only twice a year.
But one thing should be common: that Stunts results in fun.

I think it's wrong to say that Stunts was our whole lives back then. I don't think people generally play less or more now. Only the chatroom is a bit dead, but it has been from time to time...
It's also because MSN and other messengers have become widespread and commonly used.

vamologocomisso

BJ is right.
Zak is also right.

Each one of us has a different reason/motivation and its all valid and wellcome. Im sure Akoss or anybody else who could say something like that, dont mentioned for real, but we can say that he was, at least, unhappy with his comment. Im not offended, but some can be.
Im still new in ZakStunts, maybe Im part of the vilains newcommers - the filth south americans (Im joking alot with this term because its a way to turn this whole thing in a big joke). I enjoy alot the competition, even if I dont participate much.

I think that renovation is needed to maintain the high level and thrill.
You all were newcommers one day. If newcomers never arrived (despite of their countries), even most of you doesnt be here right now. The same drivers from 2001 was supposed to be the only ones in this forum and in the scoreboard.

All you need is love!  :smt060

:-D  :-D  :-D
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

BonzaiJoe

And the first south american was Geovani M. Silva / Inavoeg in 1999
But we can't be quite sure.