News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live for Speed

Started by Bismarck, January 22, 2003, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bismarck

Have a look at:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~aste/lfs/indexlfs_theleague.html

There is a great battle going on, but my wheel has a little damage now  :cry:  so lets see.

Mingva

And I'm there too :D Bismarck in top and I'm... yep, I'm almost the slowest pipsqueak for now :lol:

I hope to improve my time dramatically with steering wheel. Only which to buy?

zaqrack

any thrustmaster will do I have the old Formula T1, but I guess its out of the stores now.

al il professore

mingva did your times dramatically  improve or is only your bank account dramatically flattened now :) ouf ouf ouf
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

naaaah :( It's a bit slower, because I still need practics. But I like the feelin' :D And it's more interesting to race with my "MS Sidewinder FF" wheel.

alanrotoi

"MS Sidewinder"?? Microsoft is building missiles air-air????

al il professore

i got a ms sidewinder... its like a joystick for aeroplanes. and throttle wheel. With it, i shot more than one hundred virtual sidewinders and amraams. and dropped laser guided bombs. I killed so much virtual people, that i am a weapon of mass destruction with hands.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Nilex

Since the last post this game got quite popular by the 2007 when I joined. Since 2009 is slowly winded down and finally after 10 whole years of playing I finally left in 2017. Not because I was getting tired of it, on the contrary in fact, but because all my long time buddies left some time ago and the new younglings just didn't have the same pedigree.

To me it's still the most accurate car physics game there is. At least one commercially available. You owe it to yourself to give it a try  :)
Just a heads up - it's 99% multiplayer oriented with around 1000 people playing at its highest peak when I left 4 months ago. Driving offline solo or vs. AI is possible however.

You can download the demo and play single/multy without time restrictions but of course most content is locked. It's not a big download, you can drive with KB/mouse/Wheel or gamepad, it isn't resource demanding (main dev is very considerate of that). There are 3 cars to choose from and one track with two configurations.

https://www.lfs.net/

I've drove roughly 95% of the distance to the Moon in this sim :o
The person with the longest distance is not very far from 2M km I believe  :o :o :o