News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

bismark

Started by ben snel, April 03, 2002, 06:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben snel

can you send me your replAy, so that I can combine the fastest pieces of all, which will result in a theoretical fastest possible time (following my calculations based on 14 checkpoints). I guess all would like to know this time. I guess. Just guessing...

;o)

DukeBismarck

OH MY GOD

Please dont write Bismarck without "ck" because it's a kind of herring (=fish) and i dont want to be called like a fish or have you ever seen a fish driving stunts the way like i do???  

Sure i'll sent you the replay and i'm looking forward to you results.

Argammon

I don't want to spoil anything but I bet I can beat the time you calculate if I use slow simulation speed :P

ben snel

until I saw Bismarcks race, I had some fastest interim times.  (

But he cut off some .55 seconds from the theoretical fastest time until then, due to his beginning.

So now the fastest interim times on the checkpoints (see for those checkpoints my data in the "statistics" thread, where I put the interim times of Roy) are:

OK Argammon, see if ya can beat 1:26,65, if you want!!!

Bonzai Joe

I just thought I'd point out that such calculations aren't completely reliable. To take an extreme example. if I am going in the 5th gear towards a jump that has a corner after it, I might have a very good time at the top of the jump if I don't brake down, but it doesn't matter much   of course this will never happen, but if you drive too fast in one part, you may have a good time for that part, but it will make the next one harder.

Argammon

I agree with Bonzai.But I don't think it's a rare situation,it's quite common!

The spots I did chose were all at positions where you could drive high speed w/o any disadvantage imo.

If I would make a spot just right before a corner someone might drive to the corner with 200 mph and thus get the best checkpoint time but he would 100% hit the grass and lose a lot more time than he could gain.

IMO checkpoints shouldn't be before corners,before jumps which are close to corners or difficult obstacles,before difficult obstacles   (the corcsrew going up)

ben snel

but I'm an experienced driver. I know those things too. Some people HAD faster interim times, but I didnt count them, just because of this (i.e.: they lost time at the next checkpoint BECAUSE of being faster at the previous). I think my calculation is really reliable.

Bonzai Joe

zaqrack

See? Maxing out existed YEARS ago too :D

CTG

We knew it. But it's still only a section time analysis.

JTK