News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"I guess Brazil and Holland will play the final, and the Brazilians will win by 2-1. Italy will take the bronze. Don't know if it's possible or not, it's just a guess without watching schedule.
Italy 3rd ? Not if they play as they did versus Switzerland.
But if France played as they did versus Mexico, it will be a disaster like in 2002. I hope France will keep playing like versus Denmark.
One statistic : each time France beat Denmark when preparing/during a championship, France wins => 1998, World Cup / 2000, European Championship / 2001, Confederation Cup. So, France should win in order to keep this statistic true. :-D

Lastest news : Czech Rep. : Smicer will not play World Cup.

BonzaiJoe

There is no way France will win the world cup. Also, I don't know why everyone think Brazil or Holland will win, and also that Sweden will finish very high. I can see no reason for this :-)
My bet is on Argentina as world champions, because they are without this pressure, and you can also expect Ukraine and maybe USA to reach the semi-finals.
But we can't be quite sure.

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"There is no way France will win the world cup. Also, I don't know why everyone think Brazil or Holland will win, and also that Sweden will finish very high. I can see no reason for this :-)
My bet is on Argentina as world champions, because they are without this pressure, and you can also expect Ukraine and maybe USA to reach the semi-finals.

BJ, you said many interesting things, many could happen, BUT "USA to reach the semi-finals", I dont think so. It seems that they got worst than before, but everybody still think that they are improving more and more. Maybe next world cup, not in this one! :twisted:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

BonzaiJoe

Well I don't hope that they get in the semis, but somehow I feel that they will...

By the way, Roy Wiegerinck still owes me a 6-pack for predicting that Brazil won the 2002 World Cup :D

vamologocomisso

maybe I will change some predictions that I made, because all of the injuried players.

I think that rooney could be the biggest loss, but maybe he will play. he?s going, anyway.
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

CTG

Liechtenstein - Togo 0-1 (0-0)
goal: Coubadja (55)

Who wants to bet against me? I say that Togo won't qualify to the knockout stage. :-D  :-D  :-D

BonzaiJoe

Liechtenstein is not such a bad team :-) As far as I recall, they did quite well in their qualifying group.

Just checked: 2 wins (vs Luxembourg), 2 draws (probably vs Latvia and Estonia), and 8 losses. Goals: 13-28

Not that bad! I think we can safely assume that Togo will win the world cup...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"2 wins (vs Luxembourg)
A country that looses a match vs Luxembourg must stop playing football and go fishing.

Quote from: "vamos locos con el ninos"I think that rooney could be the biggest loss, but maybe he will play. he?s going, anyway.
I aggree. I don't think he'll play too much. And he will be a great loss for his country.

Quote from: "Jacky said one thing wrong"There is no way France will win the world cup.
1 chance to 32. That's a theorical statistic. :lol: So there's still a chance. Especially if Zidane does not play more than 1 hour per match.

Quote from: "Jacky said again one thing wrong"maybe USA to reach the semi-finals
Oh my God ! I hope not. They do not deserve it. I would like to see Spain reach this level. Spanish football is one of the most interesting in Europe, but they never made better than quarter-finals.

CTG

Usrin

Quote from: "BonzaiJoe"
Just checked: 2 wins (vs Luxembourg), 2 draws (probably vs Latvia and Estonia), and 8 losses. Goals: 13-28
Their draws were against Slovakia (0-0) :( and Portugal (2-2). Btw, in Bratislava they really sucked (7-0), whilst Portugal could hardly beat them at home (Liechtenstein led after 1st half, finally Portugal won 2-1).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

BonzaiJoe

Look, Liechtenstein drew with Portugal, Togo beat them = Togo are BETTER THAN PORTUGAL.

Usrin

Quote from: "CTG"Go, go, 'Tobago!  :-D
Tobago sucked against our Czech brothers. :D (If I haven't said: as a Slovak, I cheer for the Czech team and wait for the resurrection of Czechoslovakia.)

Czech Republic - Trinidad and Tobago 3-0
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

BonzaiJoe

I think about 95% of the Trinidad and Tobago population live on Trinidad, and it also covers about that much of the area. If Tobago was to play with its own team, it would be almost as good as San Marino.

vamologocomisso

vamologocomisso

Australia (with 10 players) draw with Netherland;
Japan was beating Germany by 2 x 0, and draw in the end (in germany territory);
Croatia did not very well in the last 2 friendly matches, but its a powerfull team.

The F group isnt weak like some may think. :!: