News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Czechs are far from Balkan. :)

Australia was really lucky this time.

Too bad for Europe: winner of Germany-Sweden will play with the winner of Portugal-Netherlands... :?

Mislav

Ooohh.... It should have been the best birthday present for me - Croatia passing the group! Yesterday, the whole city of Zagreb, all Croatia was on the streets watching the match! I've never seen so much people doing the same thing! Young, old, fat, skinny, dumb, granmamas, bank robbers, everybody watched the game!

Maybe we lost the chance for second place already against Japan where we dominated. Australia was really good, the coach must be great. Everytime we scored, we stopped playing, it's more psychological problem of our team. And there are some other problems. Australia deserved to go on. But after all, Australian team has 7 (seven!) Croatian players, Mark Viduka is just one of them :)

Brasil - finally showed the beauty of the game. One goal more and Ronaldo is the No.1!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Mislav"One goal more and Ronaldo is the No.1!
But Just Fontaine still remains the best scorer per World Cup, with 13 goals (for 6 matches played) in 1958.

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"
Quote from: "Mislav"One goal more and Ronaldo is the No.1!
But Just Fontaine still remains the best scorer per World Cup, with 13 goals (for 6 matches played) in 1958.

but Ronaldo plays in the era that none team is REALLY horrible. The equality is more often. Back then(1958) it was comon a game ended like 6x0; 7x0; 5x0 and so on. It was frequently, not rare like nowadays. Many games was like sparring. Just look brasil scores matches in 58 (btw, when we were champions for the first time)
But now, everyone knows how to defend, how to put eleven men play like a barrier, everybody runs three times more than that time, every defender hit three times harder than that time. Today its common if a player from korea or togo or trinidad and tobago plays in italy or england, like a major and important player. In 58 many players from many contries, wasnt even professional players.

Im just saying some facts, I dont wanna say who is best and this kind of stuff. Its not a france player x brasilian player duel. Just for curiosity manners, here in brasil many sports jornalist questions if pele would play like he did back then if he plays today kind of matches/games...

In the last "x" wc it was really rare for a player to score more than 6 or 7 goals in the same championship, and its not because everybody is worst than fontaine  :wink:  btw, platini, zidane, henry and maybe cisse are better than fontaine :!:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Yes, too bad for Croatia.
Serbia, Croatia, Czech Rep. All out. Balkan countries football is not as good as it used to be...

yes, maybe Yugoslavia and Czechlosvakia should re-appear to try anything better than this awfull presentation   :twisted:  :P  :-D
(I tried to write in english, but I dont know how you guys wrote those former contries, hehehe  :lol: )
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"Ronaldo plays in the era that none team is REALLY horrible. The equality is more often. Back then(1958) it was comon a game ended like 6x0; 7x0; 5x0 and so on. It was frequently, not rare like nowadays.
Just since the beginning of current WC :
Argentina 6-0 Serbia
Spain 4-0 Ukraine
Ukraine 4-0 Saudi Arabia
Brasil 4-1 Japan
Germany 4-2 Costa Rica

Confederation Cup 2005 :
Brasil 4-1 Argentina

WC 2002 :
Brasil 4-0 China
Brasil 5-2 Costa Rica
Portugal 4-0 Poland
Germany 8-0 Saudi Arabia

Are all losers teams of amateurs ? Saudi Arabia and China are, Costa Rica is half-pro, but other losers are professionnal teams.
As you see, it's always possible nowadays to score 4 goals or more per match. If you play good and efficient football.
Too many teams think more of "keeping the score as is" once they lead, that's their mistake, that's why nowadays there are less huge victories.

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"But now, everyone knows how to defend, how to put eleven men play like a barrier, everybody runs three times more than that time, every defender hit three times harder than that time. Today its common if a player from korea or togo or trinidad and tobago plays in italy or england, like a major and important player. In 58 many players from many contries, wasnt even professional players.
True, it's difficult to score versus 11 defenders like Switzerland played versus France. But most Togo players play in French or Italian 4th divisions, or in Belgium 3rd division. It's not exactly what could be called a good experience... If France scores less than 3 goals to Togo, it's a shame.

vamologocomisso

Some numbers of WC 1958 (I loved this wc :))

Fran?a 7 x 3 Paraguai
... Paraguai = south-american?s Switzerland of football. This would never occur today. Remember 98 ? Or 2002 or 2006.

Quarter Final
Fran?a 4 x 0 Irlanda do Norte
... okay, its just an odd scoreboard for quarter-final, but can happen today (maybe).

Semifinal
Brasil 5 x 2 Fran?a
... can you imagine this kind of scoreboard today ? in the semifinal ???

3rd place
Fran?a 6 x 3 Alemanha O.C.
... talking about un-common scoreboard, heh ?! ;)

Just look the scoreboard for the final:
Brasil 5 x 2 Su?cia

Another "weird"(not back then) scoreboard:
Tchecoslov?quia 6 x 1 Argentina

I know its very cool to see Argentina with one goal and the other team with six, hahaha... but anyone can imagine this happen nowadays :?

vamologocomisso

but, just to put this straight - Just Fontaine was a great, suberb player ..........
.....................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
.......................... from Marrocos, hahaha :wink:  :-D  :-D  :-D

CTG

Oh my god, French team is in the top16.  :?  :x

al il professore

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"from Marrocos, hahaha :wink:  :-D  :-D  :-D

the best VIPes in france were born in morocco:

Justo fontaine, you named him,
Dominique de villepin (all time most hated french prime minister)
Marcel Cerdan (the moroccan bomber, the best french boxer of all time)
richard virenque (king of mountain all time recordman in the tour de france)
guy forget (the best appreciated tennisman in france just behind noah and just ahead of leconte)

and

Alain P?r? (the best stunts pipsqueak of all time... Hall of Famer, zakstunts victories, victories in a row and leading time recordman and eventually french recordman of the default track)

france togo 2-0 hence

FRANCE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UH AH! SEMPER FI!!!!!!!!!!!!

lets prepare for brasil in quarter finals by... killing spaniards!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

CTG

Quote from: "al il professore"Alain P?r? (the best stunts pipsqueak of all time...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bullshit

Mislav

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"
Quote from: "Krys TOFF"Yes, too bad for Croatia.
Serbia, Croatia, Czech Rep. All out. Balkan countries football is not as good as it used to be...

yes, maybe Yugoslavia and Czechlosvakia should re-appear to try anything better than this awfull presentation   :twisted:  :P  :-D
(I tried to write in english, but I dont know how you guys wrote those former contries, hehehe  :lol: )

Yugoslavia (Jugoslavija) is correct, but for former Czech... I'm not sure, I think - Czechoslovakia (?ehoslova?ka :)

al il professore

Quote from: "myself"1/4

germany argentina
czek switz
ecuador nederlands
brasil france

germany argentina

italy switzerland

ecuador nederlands

Brasil France

the best team in this row will be argentina (beating germany with a 3-0, yeah this is football)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mislav

By the way, that idea is not that bad, to reunite a Yugoslav football dream team (ONLY FOOTBALL haha).

But now, in this world cup, if you count only serbian 12 yellow and 2 red and Croatian 11 yellow and 2 red cards, we are allready world champions in that category!! :)

(Croatia got around 8 cards in the last 30 minutes of the last match, so I don't think we play dirty. It were the nervs in the last minutes. ?imuni? alone got 3 yellow cards and a red one in 25 minutes haha! The refery was miserable, so many mistakes, many of his mistakes were good for Croatia, but it's a shame, such a refery should not judge on a world cup!

Swiss?? World champions! :)

al il professore

why ecuador france and switzerland are so good? defence wins the matches.