News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

World Cup 2006 - Germany (World Cup ONLY)

Started by vamologocomisso, May 26, 2006, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "al il professore"why ecuador france and switzerland are so good? defence wins the matches.

defence HELPS to wins the matches. with no goal, no win at all.
btw, zagallo agrees with you. he is famous because he allways says: "A draw is an excellent result!"  :shock: ... detail: couching brasil against weak teams, hehehe

Equador will never beat netherlands. Not yet, anyway...
Swiss beating Italy with their(italian) strategy ? I dont think so... Swiss may play ugly and with all men back, but italy can do it much more uglier and with much more men back  :wink:
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

al il professore

pareira coached the most defensive brasilian team ever in 1994 and won against italy in final!

thou shalt die early, o most filthy spaniards!
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Chulk

my tips for 1/8 final

GERMANY - Sweden (Hosts will win with some referee's help)
ARGENTINA - Mexico (I won't comment on this match)
ENGLAND - Ecuador (Easy for England)
Portugal - NETHERLANDS (Neth will win because Por's GK sucks)
ITALY - Australia (Australia will defend strongly but Italy will win anyway)
SWITZERLAND - Ukraine (Swiss will win because Ukr is really bad)
BRASIL - Ghana (Hope to be mistaken)
SPAIN - France (Spain has to prove they are as good as they pretend)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

vamologocomisso

in the quarter-final brasil will play against spain or france - no time to choose an opponent, but I prefer Spain. France is much more complicated, and this good moment spain is having its ilusionary, the end is near.

Quote from: "Chulk"my tips for 1/8 final

good tips, I agree in the most, but:
portugal vs netherlands -  will be an interesting game, and portugal may win.
swiss vs ukraine - uk is really desapointing everybody, but perhaps they will wake up in this game.
n?o me sinto inspirado para escrever nada de impacto, para que todos digam: "Puxa! Que demais!  :)

alanrotoi

What a hard match against mexico!!!

Now we WILL win against germany...  :twisted: I'll remember you Argammon if Deutschland makes a goal :P But if Argentina makes a goal, scream: ALAN ROTOI HIJO DE PUTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:

al il professore

Quote from: "Chulk"my tips for 1/8 final

very good tips except on ecuador (yes, they will beat england) and on france ;)

WHAT THE skid DO YOU THINK SPAIN WILL DO ON THIS MATCH? THEY ARE stallin AFRAID LIKE THE BRASILIAN ARE stallin AFRAID TO stallin PLAY AGAINST FRANCE IN THE QUARTER FINALS!!!!!!!! WHAT THE skid FRANCE WILL TEACH EVERYBODY THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE VALUE IN FOOTBALL: DEFENSIVE REALISM (zero goal against, zero goal against, zero goal against)

you need to defend to exist in a world cup.

"touche la!" (henry to vieira split second before his head assist)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

al il professore

hint! van nistelroij wont play (van basten benched him because of his lack of results) what a surprise coaching?!!

al il professore

about national team tradition: france is one team. spain is two or three individuals playing for themselves and eight players... watching. long time ago we used to say, spain would prefer to organize a world cup of CLUBS, better than a world cup of nations... and still it's true today... because the national team is not considered the supreme transcendance for the spaniards.

I cannot understand that, i live in france, a centralized country. they live in  a sort of small united states of spain, formed of split countries...

al il professore

y demas pa'a que som buenos las maricones espanolas: el cafe con leche y turon y ya esta

Krys TOFF

If France beats Sapin, then France will beat Brasil too. :P
But as France will loose versus Spain and Brasil will loose versus Ghana, the tip above has no interest. :lol:

al il professore

germany argentina

italy switzerland

england portugal

Brasil France

this is a no surprise team world cup. well three teams are surprises in this ranking: france, switzerland and england. the rest is the best.

and i like when france is not considered in the best :) spain does not know what to do against france, so they will play ball and they will be stopped by france. this is a draw game.

add ribery (muslim power!) and you get a neat 2-0.

MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST

Chulk

Portugal really surprised me! I really thought Netherlands would win. And England's victory was not as easy as I predicted.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "Chulk"Portugal really surprised me! I really thought Netherlands would win. And England's victory was not as easy as I predicted.
Portugal had talent but had no collective play.
Netherlands had collective play but a lack of talent and experience.

Beginning was promising, but things get worse and worse. 2nd half was ugly, no football, only one fault after another. What a shame. All yellow cards were justified. Some say referee was too strict and "killed" the match, I disagree. He did the job but the players AND their coaches killed the match. Portugal coach was as nervous as his players, and Netherlands coach was too passive and let his players do all these stupid faults. Twice Netherlands played with 1 more player than Portugal, but instead of calming down the play and restart to play their collective football, they continued to do stupid faults.

Most Netherlands players are young and this could be a reason why they acted this way, but their gaolkeeper and their coach should have push them back to reason. They didn't and let the match go worse and worse. Netherlands elimination is more due to coaching problem than anything else.

Portugal was not better. Look at Figo for example : he is an experimented player, but he was as stupid as all other players during this match. but when you saw Portugal coach go insulting Van Basten, for sure I can understand that they were all so stupid. Their coach nervosity probably made them be that stupid during 2nd half.

90 minutes play, not even 30 minutes of real football. This not what is expected for a World cup match. Now, I hope Portugal to loose versus England, because what they show yesterday is not worthy of a team that pretend to reach semi-finals. I don't like much England team, and they didn't play good versus Ecuador. But, at least, they respected their opponent and didn't do such a shamy match as Netherlands and Portugal.

vamologocomisso

Quote from: "vamologocomisso"portugal vs netherlands -  will be an interesting game, and portugal may win.

The game was suberb. No football in most part, but it was eletric; excited to the very last minute. What a battle! literaly! :shock:

Robben and van persie are two great players. watch their evolution in the next years; promissing...

Scolari was not nervous like his players. He was inflamed, burning with the ferocity of the game. What a game! His luck is legendary here in brasil, and now, in the whole world, hehehe  :wink:

The lack of fair play of netherlands put the whole stadium to cheer for portugal, and this is not a tiny little detail. :!:

al il professore

Quote from: "chulk"Portugal really surprised me!

yeah, you were wrong. i won a few euros with their victory, because i knew the nederlands are not an international level team.

Quote from: "vamo"Robben and van persie are two great players. watch their evolution in the next years; promissing...

yeah, you are wrong, they are as promising as overmars and de boer brothers (over who? de boer what?). Van basten, bergkamp and cocu are franchise players. THEY are greater player than "cheeky cross" or "always fake the center" van persie and "me myself and robben" robben

Quote from: "krys"Portugal had talent but had no collective play.
Netherlands had collective play but a lack of talent and experience.

yeah, you are wrong, portugal is one of the more collective team of this tournament, on the same level as france, brasil and argentina. and indeed they are the most experienced group at the highest international level (semi finals, and finals) just behind france.

and nederland is an inexperienced team with several people fighting to play the same free kick (van persie and kuyt) and a total lack of collective spirit. albeit the absences of strong individualities like davis, seedorf and kluivert.

QuoteSome say referee was too strict and "killed" the match, I disagree. He did the job but the players AND their coaches killed the match.

IVANOV? TOO STRICT????? this is the most laxist referee everybody ever saw on a world cup... He just wasn't strict at all.

what started all the mess? he should have given a yellow card (or probably a red one) when boulahrouz kicked the thigh of cristiano ronaldo, injuring him out (of the world cup?)

instead of that, he just didn't whistle at all (i wonder if he whistled for a free kick against boulahrouz)

then portugueses just saw cristiano ronaldo injured and asked for punishment by themselves.

then it ended in a furball. forget all the big salaries and the top models... you could see only twenty (nineteen?) men loaded with testosterone.