News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Car ratings

Started by CTG, May 27, 2006, 06:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: CTG on August 30, 2008, 01:22:27 AM
0.86 CTG - Dottore

LOL! ;D

I should remove their "votes", add new cars and ask some newbies too.

BonzaiJoe

I don't understand what's going on in this thread  :(
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

It's the first time I'm checking Duplode's interesting figure.

It would be interesting to redo it without the ghosts. Would it change anything or not?

Is my car preference that extreme? I'm really in the corner.  :o And if we ignore Werda's position in the figure (who is admitted to be a ghost), I am the one who is the farthest from any other drivers (or is there a bigger difference between BJ and Argammon?).
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Duplode

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 25, 2012, 08:47:56 PM
It would be interesting to redo it without the ghosts. Would it change anything or not?

After re-running the R scripts without them it didn't change much overall - but your corner is even more lonely now   :)

CTG

According to the results, Usrin is really my ghost. ;D

CTG

This one should be extended with the newer cheat cars and the opinion of some pseudo* and real newbies (Friker, Overdrijf, dreadnaut).

* Wow, some of the guys we think on as newbies are already here for ages.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 11, 2012, 10:39:45 AM
This one should be extended with the newer cheat cars and the opinion of some pseudo* and real newbies (Friker, Overdrijf, dreadnaut).

* Wow, some of the guys we think on as newbies are already here for ages.

Could you rate the following cars, please?

Ferrari F40: excellent 3D shape, awesome dashboard, great acceleration & top speed, mediorce handling in corners. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit in my driving style. Mark: 6/10

Ford Ranger: not that sophisticated design (but it's a pickup, so who cares), irrealistic acceleration and cornering. But I'm afraid of the famous roundhouse kick, so let's give 10 points. Mark: 2.5/10

Lotus Esprit Turbo: maybe the best custom bodywork I have ever seen. Engine settings are fine, but the handling is far from my taste (not that bad either). Mark: 6/10

Nissan Skyline: nice Stunts version of a tuned street drag monster  (I usually hate this type of cars because of the brainless people owning them in real life - the only exception is Subaru Impreza, because I saw it first as a real rally car). Performance is fine, but the handling... well... the best word is "weird". Grip should be slightly better. Mark: 3.5/10

Speedgate XSD: as for me it's the opposite of Zapper's cars in design/"inner qualities" question. On one hand, I don't like the paintwork: the shape is okay, but you loose most of the details with the inappropriate color distribution (looks like a single mass). On the other hand, everything under the hood is excellent: acceleration, steering, speed. Although it is said to be a pseudo-IMSA car, the handling is unique compared to XJR/P962/Melange: huge difference between auto and manual gears, strange shifting, tricky landings over 200 mph. The second best custom car, right behind Rotoi's masterpiece. Mark: 8.5/10

Superkart: not only the eye-hurting colors of the dashboard, but the whole car is extremely annoying. Sorry Overdrijf, but I can't give more than 1.5/10.

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on December 15, 2012, 07:46:30 AM
Could you rate the following cars, please?

Okay, lemme try... (If you find the ratings too high, keep in mind that for me none of the original cars deserves less than a 5.)

Ferrari F40: Extremely well-tuned car; bridges perfectly the GTO-IMSA gap and is quite pleasant to drive. None of its traits, however, manage to stand out for me, so I don't feel like giving it a specially high, or low, rating. Mark: 7.5/10

Ford Ranger: NSX-like straight line performance and strangely high grip never seemed right for this pickup. No special off-road capabilities either. Mark: 4/10

Lotus Esprit Turbo: A competitor to Carrera and Skyline, it is more fun to drive than either. Good off-road performance is a nice extra, and it even makes some sense if you think of it as a tuned spy's car. Finally, it is the best looking among all the beautiful Zappercars. Mark: 8/10

Nissan Skyline: A featureless car in the vein of Carrera; compared to it, the Skyline is slightly faster but more annoying to drive. Mark: 7/10

Speedgate XSD: I used to like it more than I do now... in any case, it sure has a lot of distinctive traits that make it interesting. The handling feel is very good, specially in NoRH; and it serves as a good example of how to do a really fast car that doesn't feel like a spaceship. As for the early torque curve peak (which leads to the unusual shifting technique), I am ambivalent: it still is a bit jarring to me, even if it does help to make Speedgate unique, but at the cost of making Mark: 8/10

Superkart: Overdrijf's kart is so different from the other cars that it almost feels wrong to rate it using the same scale. For the purposes of competition racing, the fact that it requires special purpose tracks to be really enjoyable is a very big drawback. Full marks for originality, though! Mark: 6/10.

ZR1 GT3 and McLaren Honda MP4/4: Too early to tell.

---

Add your votes too, folks! And please rate the original cars as well if you haven't done so in the past.

Edit: corrected the Superkart rating.

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on March 03, 2013, 06:27:45 PM

I'm looking forward to try McLaren in a sharp race. The performance seems to be quite promising.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on March 05, 2013, 11:21:03 PM
Quote from: Duplode on March 03, 2013, 06:27:45 PM

I'm looking forward to try McLaren in a sharp race. The performance seems to be quite promising.

Disappointing. It's too powerful and way too fast on the grass.

MiroX

Lamborghini jeep 4
Lancia 7
Audi 8
Carrera 3
Acura 5
Corvette 8
Countach 6
Ferrari 2
Jaguar 8
Porsche IMSA 8
Indy 10

Other cars? ???

Adding: McLaren, 9

CTG

It's time to re-consider my votes for the original car pack, because those marks seem to be quite "track result" dependent. Since that, I don't ignore Countach - while Audi and Acura are not my favorites anymore.

LM002: still boring, but sometimes enjoyable. Mark: 4 ---> 5.5
Lancia: no change, mark: 7/10
Audi: uhm... well... I hate magic carpets. Mark: 9 ---> 7
Carrera: ZzZzZzZzZ... Mark: still 4/10
Acura: probably I registered the marks right after the helicopter thing or ZCT 66 (or maybe Bad Workforce?). Nowadays I find the PG handling of this car more and more annoying. Mark: 9 ---> 7
Corvette: PG problems vs. cool digital speedometer, 7 pts again
Countach: not my favorite one, but hate disappeared (maybe I learned a bit about the handling). Mark: 0 ---> 4.5
GTO: the Antichrist, mark: 3 ---> 0
Jaguar: I love IMSA-style. It won't ever change. Mark: 9 ---> 9.5
P962: slightly worse than Jaguar, dunno why. Mark: 8 ---> 9
Indy: as I told earlier, PG is annoying. Mark: 6 ---> 5

(Melange: still 10/10)

MiroX

Quote from: MiroX on April 30, 2013, 10:17:29 PM
Lamborghini jeep 4
Lancia 7
Audi 8
Carrera 3
Acura 5
Corvette 8
Countach 6
Ferrari 2
Jaguar 8
Porsche IMSA 8
Indy 10

Other cars? ???

Adding: McLaren, 9

Adding: LWT GT3 Corvette, 7

CTG

As for me, GT3 doesn't deserve more than 5.5 pts.

zaqrack

so should we average to 6.25?  ;D