News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SDR - NoRH Competition

Started by zaqrack, June 02, 2006, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Well, after some tries it works fine in window view. full screen alsways makes the computer freeze with a black screen...

About speed, I kept frameskip at 0 (else games runs slower) but I had to increase cycles up to 6000 intead of 3000. This way, game is almost as good as pure DOS racing.
Problem remains with screen size : my view is 1024x768, so a 640x480 window is small.
Next time I'll try to first resize my computer to 640x480, and then run DOSBox. this way, the windo of DOSBox would look like full screen. :-D

Anyway, I'm leading again the noRH competition (replay and zipped video sent to Mark).
Sorry SuperBrian : normally I never overtake a teammate while he is leading, but you overtook me when I was leading so I have no guilt doing it too. :P

zaqrack

another way to speed up gameplay is to set no clouds/scenery/horizont in Stunts.

CTG

Do you accept DOSBox recorded with SnagIt? I can't make the inner capture work.

CTG

My shitty Default video will be available on YouTube soon :D

SuperBrian

Nice to hear Chulk.  :-D

Well Krys, it's okay and now we can both race as hard as we want to, because Mark is leading is own NoRH competition. :shock:
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

Krys TOFF

Maybe we will see some old timer noRH pipsqueaks come back with this now proved noRH racing competition.

I sent messages to Juank23 and pArAnO. I know pArAnO read the message and I hope this will make pArAnO back.

BJ or JTK : do you have mail address of Pershing II to tell him ? He was noRH lover too.

BonzaiJoe

I think Pershing's was just "pershingII[NOSPAM]@hotmail.com", or with an underscore between Pershing and II. I wonder if he's still angry at me :?
But we can't be quite sure.

SuperBrian

I read at SDR-page that the first competition ended 27th June, I had some times unpublished and I was going to race today, I thought it ended 29th June.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :oops:
Charles Dickens said: "An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself."

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "SuperBrian"I read at SDR-page that the first competition ended 27th June, I had some times unpublished and I was going to race today, I thought it ended 29th June.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :oops:
Well. Too bad. Race ZakStunts or the 2 WSC tracks instead, they all end today (Z64 sooner, so race it 1st :wink: )

SuperBrian

I'm going to be even less active this month, because I am going to watch every centimetre of the French road. Ah yearh, Tour de France, something I appreciate higher than the World Championship in Germany, maybe because Denmark isn't represented, who knows? :-D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "SuperBrian"I'm going to be even less active this month, because I am going to watch every centimetre of the French road. Ah yearh, Tour de France, something I appreciate higher than the World Championship in Germany, maybe because Denmark isn't represented, who knows? :-D
Jan Ullrich, Yvan Basso, Oscar Sevilla, Francisco Mancebo, another one I missed...? Anyway, all won't race "Tour de France" in 2006.
Alexander Vinokourov is the only potential winner that remains. But it's not even sure for him to race too : most people of his team (Astana-Wurth) are involved with the problem in Spain.
It won't be a good year... Except maybe for French bikers. :-D

SuperBrian

You are totally wrong, I hate Ivan Basso, Jan Ulrich, Alexandre Vinokourov and Francisco Mancebo, I have always been bored of the "great riders" The race is so open now, we can see a race far different from all the other boring years now.
It is a better race now. :P

Chulk

Le Tour de France is NoRH. Imagine a rider going backwards because he fell.  ;D ;D ;D
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

BonzaiJoe

No, this was one hell of a tour. Floyd Landis is boring...
But we can't be quite sure.