News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SDR - NoRH Competition

Started by zaqrack, June 02, 2006, 01:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 25, 2007, 07:04:15 PM
Oh, then it should be a codec missing.
That's exactly what the player said too. :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Overdrijf on January 25, 2007, 11:35:05 PM
then download and install a codec pack like this one

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 25, 2007, 11:54:11 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on January 25, 2007, 11:35:05 PM
then download and install a codec pack like this one

Can I get a guide how to install that thing? It asked some questions, and now I still can't play the files. A well, as long as I can send them in...

Krys TOFF

Anyway, it's not important if you can't read the video yourself, the main thing is that Mark L. Rivers (SDR manager) can see them in order to validate the noRH racing.

You have the replay if you want to see again your lap. ;)

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 26, 2007, 09:42:15 AM
Anyway, it's not important if you can't read the video yourself, the main thing is that Mark L. Rivers (SDR manager) can see them in order to validate the noRH racing.

You have the replay if you want to see again your lap. ;)

Yep. But the replay doesn't cut and paste quite as well. ;) What?

EDIT: it works! It's alive! (Had to press a single icon in the dosbox map...)
EDIT again: I'm not going at the speed of sound, it stops a lot earlier than the car does...

P.S. Is it stunts or dosbox that stops my race after ten minutes? (Yes, it's a very long track...)

Paleke

Stunts usually stops the race at 10 minutes and shows a message that says that Stunts can only save 10 minutes replays, so if you go on, it will save from minute 10 and all before is erased. Then Stunts stops at 20 minutes, but this time definitively (yep, that was a very very very long track  ;D :P).
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Paleke on January 26, 2007, 03:08:10 PM
Stunts usually stops the race at 10 minutes and shows a message that says that Stunts can only save 10 minutes replays, so if you go on, it will save from minute 10 and all before is erased. Then Stunts stops at 20 minutes, but this time definitively (yep, that was a very very very long track  ;D :P).
That's right. DOSBox will record all the video (this will be a huge video !) but Stunts replay will loose the beginning of the race if you race more than 10 minutes.

Mark L. Rivers

Welcome Overdrijf! Happy to know you likes Stunts NORH race!  :)

I read you have problems to see your video captured with DOSBox 0.65, and I don't understand very well if you have resolved them or not. Anyway, have you installed ZMBV codec included in DOSBox 0.65 pack? After you have installed DOSBox 0.65, you can install the codec press the "Start Menu" of your Operating System, then pointing "Programs", then pointing "DOSBox-0.65", then pointing "Video" and then clicking on "Install movie codec".

I hope you can see your video. Yes, as Krys TOFF said, you could see anyway your race by your replay, but... when you'll see your race by your video... well, it's an incomparable emotion ...  ;)

Overdrijf

Yes, I can see the video now, when recording stunts may turn into negative colors, but this can be resolved by pausing it, making it smallscreen and then fullscreen again (can be done without pausing, but then I probably will go offtrack). It doesn't happen too often.

Ok?, I didn't get a message after ten minutes, but I'm going to try again without recording. I'm adding the track to this message, I made it pretty long I think...

EDIT: no, it doesn't like more than ten minutes, ah well...
EDIT again: stunts 1.0 does let me finish it.