News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Last minute informations and questions

Started by zaqrack, August 07, 2006, 03:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

The standard p?linka of my grandma's 'boyfriend'. Homemade, mostly from plum (+some apricot, pear), alcohol content must be around 52 vol. %.

About arrival:

If we do the Slovakian beer trip, meeting point with CTG should be: 14:05 V?c railway station (it's much easier for me to bypass Budapest with travelling on the Asz?d-Galgam?csa-V?c route, which is a very memorable route also, for me), and leave for St?rovo at 14:22. (In the evening, I'll arrive at Zak's with CTG together I guess.)
Is it OK? We'll discuss that on msn tomorrow.

If we miss the Slovakian beer trip, I'll possible arrive at Budapest East at 15:37.

Weather: 24-27 Celsius during the weak (12-15 Celsius at night), more or less cloudy, possible showers or thunderstorms, but no significant precipitation; from Saturday evening, again rainier like today, significant precipitation possible.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

zaqrack

Oh you gave me such a nice idea!

I was in quite a bit of trouble for the main sightseeing day, as Szentendre is not enough for a day itself.
So the plan is:

We leave to Szentendre by H?V in the morning
Have a nice sightseeing, we eat some icecreams
then hop on the bus and go to Esztergom

have another short sightseeing there and then...

we cross the Hungarian-Slovakian border by foot, and visit a pub pre-tested by CTG, Akoss and Usrin
you have some bears, and try the world famous bryndzove halusky!

in the evening we return to Budapest by train.

most likely we'll do this on Saturday, but it also depends on the weather.

so, how do you like it?

lised

so, how do you like it?

[/quote]

Things just keep getting better and better! :D

JTK

We need a laptop then for a new discipline: LRWW (Live Race While Walking). Or: RIP (Race in Pub).  :D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Usrin

Quote from: Akoss Poo on August 07, 2006, 11:09:44 PM
If we do the Slovakian beer trip, meeting point with CTG should be: 14:05 V?c railway station (it's much easier for me to bypass Budapest with travelling on the Asz?d-Galgam?csa-V?c route, which is a very memorable route also, for me), and leave for St?rovo at 14:22. (In the evening, I'll arrive at Zak's with CTG together I guess.)
Is it OK? We'll discuss that on msn tomorrow.

If I can give you an advice: DON'T travel to Slovakia on that way, because you'll need an international train ticket, which is expensive (969 HUF for the route V?c-St?rovo-V?c, no discount for students), and can be bought only in V?c. And the railway station of Sturovo is very far from the town. It's much more simple and cheap to take a train from Budapest-Nyugati pu. to Esztergom with a 60 km students' ticket (or 50 km from ?jpest station). From Esztergom railway station, you can be in the centre of St?rovo with 30-35 minutes of walk. (Neither Sturovo station is closer to it!)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Another possibility for buying slovakian beer is Komarno. I think it's the same (or better) in time and maybe there are more big supermarkets (Billa, Kaufland).

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on August 08, 2006, 10:51:08 AM
Another possibility for buying slovakian beer is Komarno. I think it's the same (or better) in time and maybe there are more big supermarkets (Billa, Kaufland).
Yes, maybe it's a better idea: travel time is just slightly less, but you only need about 15 minutes of walk to reach the centre of Komarno. Leaving from Keleti pu. can be also better for Poo. (And he can simply buy a 350 km ticket from Kazincbarcika to Kom?rom).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Quote from: zaqrack on August 07, 2006, 11:32:42 PMtry the world famous bryndzove halusky!

I hate bryndzove halusky, I will need to bring some sandwiches for myself on that day. B?FF!

629.09 km

CTG

Or you can eat another slovakian speciality.

629.09 km

JTK

CU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Dinmor

Hi everybody.

I will arrive at Ferihegy Terminal 1 at 21.10 sunday (tomorrow) night. Can I be picked up there? If not I need some info about how to reach the apartment ....

Please write something soon as I leave tomorrow morning.
I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing.

I think the team (or a fraction of the team) will go to the Airport for you, that's 99,9% sure. Maybe Zak will tell you further information here.

629.09 km

JTK

lised

Hi Thomas

Zak will NOT be able to pick you, but he'll write you an sms with all the information you need later this evening (you are going to drive with a mini bus which takes you to Zak's place).
Looking forward to see you!