News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

stunts@kalpen.de

Started by JTK, August 19, 2006, 01:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTK

I got this e-mail today and I thought it was so interesting, that I wanted to share it with all of you! -- JTK

Wow.... I didnt know that Broderbund had agreed to the FreeWare status for 4D Sports Driving!

Urrrm....

I was hoping to point out that there are *4* origital versions   of the game....
   * Broderbund Stunts 1.0 (Oct 05 1990)
   * Broderbund Stunts 1.1 (Feb 12 1991)
   * Mindscape 4D Sports Driving 1.1 (Dec 13 1990)
   * Mindscape 4D Sports Driving 1.1 (Feb 25 1991)

Notice that using the version number is not sufficient)...

Each has its own bugs/differences... The Dec 13 1990 version crashed when using keyboard t move cursor in certain ways in track editor screen iirc...

The first 3 versions are easily found....

I have NOT been able to acquire the last version (Feb 25 1991) which has this annoyance fixed (at least), w/ other potential changes/updates... particuarly as it was the last 'release'.

I was hoping you might be able te help w/ a concerted effort to get hold of the last version.. maybe put a request on your web-page?

Seme people definitely have had that last version -- e.g. creating 'crack' loader-tsr that works on all 4 versions -- saw that somewhere....

I had the dec 13 1990 version of the game... years ago... And I had a dody crack TSR that patched something like INT 10 the game called.... but didnt check what it was patching sufficently.. it would often crash under QEMM386 etc. due to mistaking the INT 10 call for somewhere it shouldnt be doing the crack.... It did some dodgy hack like scanning every segment to find the right place to apply the patch... and it ontly looked for a word (16 bytes).... result being it would easily do it at the wrong time/place and crash the system....

I might be helpful and update wikipedia article about the game too w.r.t. versions of the game ;-).

Comments wanted please ;-)

--Mysterious "enyc" <enyc@evtech.org>
  actually form UK/england ;-).
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

GTAManRCR

Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

GTAManRCR

TSR crack doesn't work for this version
Only NeverLock can handle it

Duplode

I do feel Kalpen is the natural home for this download. In the meantime, I can upload it to Southern Cross next time I update the site (which might take a little while), if no other site takes it up beforehand.

Cas

I can't download from Google Drive. All alarms go off in my safety plugins and privacy protection proggies and even when I try to disable some, it still doesn't work. Has anybody already uploaded it somewhere else?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

JTK

Quote from: Duplode on June 02, 2019, 08:44:16 PM
I do feel Kalpen is the natural home for this download. In the meantime, I can upload it to Southern Cross next time I update the site (which might take a little while), if no other site takes it up beforehand.
Do you wish us to add this version for download to our page?
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Duplode

Quote from: JTK on June 03, 2019, 11:56:54 AM

If you want to do it, that would be great  :) I think of Kalpen as the canonical place to download the various PC versions of Stunts, so it seems fitting that this version should be there, rather than in an arbitrary place like my site.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: JTK on June 03, 2019, 11:56:54 AM
Quote from: Duplode on June 02, 2019, 08:44:16 PM
Yes, please
Sorry for the late reply... Internet was gone from Monday to this day

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the title of the ZCT242 track, from ZakStunts season 2021?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview