News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Recipes

Started by lised, August 24, 2006, 08:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGFrench cuisine? With snails? Brrrr.... Italy and pizza won.
What is good in snails is the butter with herbs that is with it. Snails themselves are tasteless.
Same thing for frog legs. Their taste is like rabbit a few, but their main interest is the butter with herbs.

Quote from: CTGPizza and spaghetti and lasagne and the works completely rule over foie gras. French food is more varied and creative than italian food, but the basic italian brilliancies are just better on the whole.
More varied and creative. That's the point. Eating tomatoes on all recipes (pizza main ingredient, pastes or lasagne sauces) is not my way of life.
I like Italian food, don't misunderstand me, but I won't eat it every day.

Quote from: JTKRilke isn't German!
Really ? Damn ! :o

[quote author =Jacky]German litterature: Baudelaire and Rimbaud are nice poets, but their works are of little importance compared to those of Hesse, Novalis, Nietzsche, G?ethe, Hoffmann[/quote]
Or Marx & Engels... Ok, they were not poets. :D

lised

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 29, 2006, 03:21:26 PM
Quote from: CTGFrench cuisine? With snails? Brrrr.... Italy and pizza won.
What is good in snails is the butter with herbs that is with it. Snails themselves are tasteless.
Same thing for frog legs. Their taste is like rabbit a few, but their main interest is the butter with herbs.

Quote from: CTGPizza and spaghetti and lasagne and the works completely rule over foie gras. French food is more varied and creative than italian food, but the basic italian brilliancies are just better on the whole.
More varied and creative. That's the point. Eating tomatoes on all recipes (pizza main ingredient, pastes or lasagne sauces) is not my way of life.
I like Italian food, don't misunderstand me, but I won't eat it every day.

Quote from: JTKRilke isn't German!
Really ? Damn ! :o

[quote author =Jacky]German litterature: Baudelaire and Rimbaud are nice poets, but their works are of little importance compared to those of Hesse, Novalis, Nietzsche, G?ethe, Hoffmann
Or Marx & Engels... Ok, they were not poets. :D
[/quote]

But could you eat french food every day?

JTK

Quote from: JTK on August 29, 2006, 11:17:52 AM
Rilke isn't German!

About Rilke (from Wikipedia):
Rainer Maria Rilke (* 4. Dezember 1875 in Prag, ?sterreich-Ungarn; ? 29. Dezember 1926 im Sanatorium Valmont bei Montreux, Schweiz, eigentlich Ren? Karl Wilhelm Johann Josef Maria Rilke) war ein ?sterreichischer Autor und einer der bedeutendsten Lyriker deutscher Sprache.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Quote from: lisedBut could you eat french food every day?
Sure. Except pastes once (or twice) a week if you consider them all Italian, even without tomato sauce.
My last menus these days as far as I remember them :
yesterday evening : baked beans with tomato sauce (ok, not French food, it's UK recipe)
yesterday noon : the remaining part of the roasted chicken, with french beans (green long beans) cooked with garlic and parsley
monday evening : pastes with gruyere cheese roasted on the top (we call it "gratin" in French, I don't know if there's an English word for this)
monday noon : ham sandwich with butter and gherkins (French spirit of "fast food")
sunday evening : pancakes party, with Nutella and Chantilly cream. Children love this. ;D
sunday noon : roasted chicken cooked in the oven with salsify cooked with liquid fresh cream (cr?me fraiche in French)
saturday evening : pizzas (Oh, damn, some Italian food :D)
saturday noon : beef steaks with french fries
before that : I don't remember

For today noon, I have roasted potatoes cooked with onions previously fried, with Strasbourg sausages cooked with them.

zaqrack

Yesterday I had some Estonian friends sleeping here, so we had a nice lecs? :)
today: eggplant stuffed with mushroom and bacon
from tomorrow: real Italian food in Rome ;)

yum :)

lised

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 30, 2006, 10:26:33 AM
Quote from: lisedBut could you eat french food every day?
Sure. Except pastes once (or twice) a week if you consider them all Italian, even without tomato sauce.
My last menus these days as far as I remember them :
yesterday evening : baked beans with tomato sauce (ok, not French food, it's UK recipe)
yesterday noon : the remaining part of the roasted chicken, with french beans (green long beans) cooked with garlic and parsley
monday evening : pastes with gruyere cheese roasted on the top (we call it "gratin" in French, I don't know if there's an English word for this)
monday noon : ham sandwich with butter and gherkins (French spirit of "fast food")
sunday evening : pancakes party, with Nutella and Chantilly cream. Children love this. ;D
sunday noon : roasted chicken cooked in the oven with salsify cooked with liquid fresh cream (cr?me fraiche in French)
saturday evening : pizzas (Oh, damn, some Italian food :D)
saturday noon : beef steaks with french fries
before that : I don't remember

For today noon, I have roasted potatoes cooked with onions previously fried, with Strasbourg sausages cooked with them.

Oh now it makes more sences to me...I thought you lived in Germany  :-[
Well it sounds good all of it. I haven't really tasted french food actually, but since I'm crazy about their cheese and redwine I think I will like it. I'll find something french to eat today :)

JTK

Quote from: zaqrack on August 30, 2006, 11:23:57 AM
from tomorrow: real Italian food in Rome ;)
Whow - have a good journey!

The day before yesterday:
- Breakfast German style (bread rolls, boiled egg, meat, cheese, marmalade, Coffee for my wife and tea for me)
- In the afternoon: Cheese cake baked by our neighbors with self-made raspberry sauce
- In the evening: Self made pizza with Italian air dryied ham and swiss cheese

Yesterday:
- Breakfast as above.
- Lunch: K?tt Bullar and Lachs at IKEA :D
- In the evening: Bread with different kinds of fish and seafood salads.

Today:
- Breakfast with JTK's very special omelett "Sir Lankan style"
- No lunch
- Early evening: JTK will cook some fresh fish, preferably some plaice like Scholle

BonzaiJoe

No lunch? JTK is a ghost!! Zak, delete his account.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

ROTFL ;D
Actually I had some slices of Salami... :D

Mislav

All good things:

FRENCH kiss
GERMAN cars
ENGLISH music
RUSSIAN rulet
ITALIAN fooDball (sorry Krys:)
AMERICAN idiot (Green Day) hahaha

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

and HUNGARIAN pina :D:D:D
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mislav on September 05, 2006, 01:12:33 PM
All good things:

FRENCH kiss
GERMAN cars
ENGLISH music
RUSSIAN rulet
ITALIAN fooDball (sorry Krys:)
AMERICAN idiot (Green Day) hahaha
EXCELLENT final joke. Well done Mislav. ;D

lised

I tried to do chilli beans yesterday...Since the forum was down I had to try to remember the things I saw Zak put in...Now I see I forgot sour creme and corn  ;D

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Sour cream is not needed in chilli beans. There are some ppl who use some sour cream to prepare chilli beans, but it's not needed. Moreover, in my opinion it's a sin to put sour cream in it. Totally kills the taste of the spices in it.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Kerek sz?pen egy tejf?l?
But we can't be quite sure.