Author Topic: Default  (Read 24894 times)

Akoss Poo

• Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
  • BÖFF!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Default
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
Well, my point of view is that in 1996-97, when I didn't know any of you, I was having the fiercest battles in Stunts racing with my old opponent and classmate, Rözse Söndör. We used all the tricks we knew and invented. I'm sure that if we had known this 'longcut' trick on Default, we would have used it. ('LOME kerítéstaktika' was known by this time, though didn't have this name.) CTG's and Duplode's 'unwritten' rules (now written rule-like suggestments) are nothing for me on this classic track, related to our old racing attitude with Rözse Söndör. That's (one, but most impoartant reason) why I consider these laps as real Default no RH record laps.

(If you are too wide with this trick, the program automatically punishes you with penalty, like it sometimes happens.)
A jó nök is büdöset szarnak!

BonzaiJoe

• Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
    • View Profile
    • Purple
« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2015, 11:59:50 PM »
I just did this lap on Default (to my own surprise!). Until the end of the bridge, this is the perfect noRH lap for me, hitting 43.00 at the beginning of the transparent middle of the bridge.
Then, owing to a mistimed slowdown before the next corner and a somewhat imperfect final corner, I missed my personal record by 0.20, clocking in at 1.01.35. Still, this is the second best lap I've ever done on Default old style, following the road and noRH.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

• Considering trying out spam
  • Through the astral door - to soar
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2015, 04:14:13 AM »
Great! It is nice to have such a strong lap on the books.

alanrotoi

• Having only spam addict friends
  • Suck my Indy!
    • View Profile
    • Maite Zaitut, La Vengadora Oscura
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2015, 06:58:00 PM »
Nice way of celebrating the 25th anniversary :)

dreadnaut

• Helen`s Lover
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2018, 11:27:52 PM »
I have done all the dishes, the sun has set, I have a cup of tea and a couple of candles on the table. Time for the five DEFAULT laps!

First try: uhm, what does DEFAULT look like again? Oh, yes, of course I remember. I still slow down too early before the first corner, but a combo boulevard jump + magic carpet + powergear at the bridge gets me toward the end of the track quite fast. Except I fly too far getting off the bridge, and waste forever getting back on the track. 1.17.50

Second try: argh, same mistake again! That powergear might be more a problem than anything else. 1.17.10

Third try: for some reason a touch the left key on the first slope, and land straight in front of a concrete slalom block. DNF :(

Fourth try: the car jumps nicely entering the cork, but I land diagonally and travel on some grass before the following corner. Still, I drive nice and clean between the boulevard and the bridge, and this time I exit powergear at the right moment. 1.09.95

Fifth try: all well until the second to last corner, where I leave the road and travel a couple of tiles on grass. 1.11.85

Have I mentioned I'm bad at this? ;D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:09:45 PM by dreadnaut »