News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Started by CTG, October 21, 2002, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Do you mean with or without shortcuts?
I think Alain did 59 seconds. Renato Biker could probably do it faster. I'd be quite interested in his time.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, yesterday and today I did some training laps on Default, Indy, manual, without replay handling and shortcuts.

I was surprised to see that 5 minutes ago I did 1:03.10!!! It's my best time in the past several years!

(My record: I find there 1:02.70, but if I remember well, I could improve it to .40 or .10, I don't know.)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Quote from: Akoss Poo on November 08, 2013, 05:44:49 PM
Well, yesterday and today I did some training laps on Default, Indy, manual, without replay handling and shortcuts.

I was surprised to see that 5 minutes ago I did 1:03.10!!! It's my best time in the past several years!

(My record: I find there 1:02.70, but if I remember well, I could improve it to .40 or .10, I don't know.)

And it's 1:03.05 now!!!

629.09 km

CTG

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

1:11.30 :(
I didn't crash at least...

edit 1: I went 2 times out of the road. 1st the right corner after the cork left/right and 2nd after the long bridge (I didn't remember if the corner was just after the bridge or after a couple of squares.)

No shortcuts btw.

edit 2: wow only 3 minutes opening dos box, loading the game, choosing the car, a test lap and posting the result here :D

edit 3: test lap: 1:11.30
opening dos box, loading the game, choosing the car, saving record in highscore and posting the result here: 1:36.00

CTG

It's time to complete the annual Default test. Probably tonight, with video capturing.

CTG

Quote from: CTG on January 09, 2015, 04:24:05 PM
It's time to complete the annual Default test. Probably tonight, with video capturing.

Since the circumstances were not really optimal for racing, I did not follow the WSM live race method.

From 20 starts, I could complete only 11 laps (4 crashes on the cork, 3 at the boulevard, 2 game bugs when landing on the bridge). The fastest one was a low risk lap with almost perfect left corners, all the other runs contained a few minor or major mistakes.

Lap results:
1:03.75 (could have been a bit better with taking the risk of boulevard jump)
1:04.10 (one little mistake after the bridge, losing ~10-15 mph)
1:04.95 (safety lap)
1:04.95 (safety lap)
1:05.10 (major mistake in the last corner, leaving the road - with average cornering it could have been ~1:03.80-1:04.00)
1:05.55 (safety lap)
1:05.90 (no powergear)
1:07.20 (no powergear, extreme low risk lap)
1:07.75 (no powergear, one major mistake)
1:09.30 (no powergear, two major mistakes)
1:11.20 (absolute shitty lap with 4 short offroad parts, no powergear ::) )

At least I could improve my noRH right corners again - for me, it requires a totally different line compared to lefts. Earlier braking, starting the corner from the inside of the track instead.

dreadnaut

Five NoRH attempts

1 - crash at boulevar
2 - 1.11.15
3 - 1.25.80 - went out at the last corner
4 - 1.11.75 - PG, but flew to far after the bridge
5 - 1.12.45 - missed the PG :|

Problem is, I leave the road in at least one corner every lap :P

Shoegazing Leo

59,30 without replay handling, but slower that the z999 replay... BÖFF

I did 10 laps without replay handling and the dual-way change trick. The best of them was 1:03.85. That's a nice result since it was a long ago when I tried Default last time.

In this lap - as sometimes nowadays - when I reached power gear, I jumped off the ramp and I drove on the grass, close to the ramp, on the right side of it, to have an easier left turn after the ramp. It is a 'longcut' instead of a shortcut, since I drive a longer way than originally, but I think it is worthy. Have you ever tried this way?

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Nope. It's a strange middle way (if you're in PG anyway and can drive on the grass, why don't you just do a PG slide corner instead of braking?)
But we can't be quite sure.