In order to make this concept as real as possible (mmm, can we consider Stunts racing can be real ?)
, I will also add sponsor and money features.
Your motivation-meter will be influence by results (medals you got) and also by your money and by your sponsor.
Some explanations :
- more money = motivation bonus (differents minimum steps will be considered),
- no sponsor = no bonus of motivation,
- motivation bonus will be different according to your sponsor,
- sponsors won't make an offer if your reputation is not has not reached a certain limit : reputation is linked to number of medals (both race medals and championship medals),
- you can refuse a sonsor offer,
- even if you have a sponsor you will be allowed to change to another one in case you have an offer,
- sponsor will make you earn money,
- sponsor won't affect possibility of special events or career evolution (else it would be way more complicated as it is already),
- but sponsor will give you a goal (this will be told in the sponsor offer) : reach X gold medals in a certain number of races for example,
- if you fail to reach your goal, you will losse your sponsor and the money earned by him (as if you never had this sponsor),
- if you reach your goal, you will earn a money bonus.
- don't worry about taxes : in your career all money earned will be considered not taxed.
This will also influence your seduction-meter : more money = more seduction power.
Remember that once married you will have a love-meter.
If you do too much races away from your wife's geographic origin, then your love-meter will decrease.
When love-meter will be 0, then you will have to divorce (and then you'll get back your own geographic origin in case it was different of the one of your wife).
Last (but not least) : a divorce will make you loose half of your money (this is quite realistic, isn't it ?).
At the end of your career you'll have a ranking according to :
- number of medals (races and championship),
- amount of money,
- number of years until beeing F1 champion.
If you don't manage to be F1 champion, then you'll have malus points in your overall ranking.
A Hall of Fame of pipsqueaks will therefore be available with all finished careers, classified by ranking value obtained at the end of those pipsqueaks' career.
Remember that your career can be stopped numerous competitions before F1 in case your motivation-meter goes to zero (that is if you don't have enough good results and so on). In this case you will have all the more malus points than your career is stopped soon. But this is not supposed to happen, isn't it ?