News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Concept idea and W.I.P.

Started by Krys TOFF, September 05, 2006, 03:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF on December 01, 2006, 11:44:11 AM
A quick info : "decision tree" (and the story that goes with it) is now version number 9. It seems now quite good and well balanced.

Some stats : 42 different events, 107 tracks, 17 events minimum to reach Formula 1.

Addition of the "Race of Champions" special event ( http://www.raceofchampions.com ) after WRC event (with 2004-2005 track of RoC) and in the end after F1 event (with new 2006 track of RoC).

Some stats of the very last version (decision tree number 10, final and last one now it's sure) of the project :

Geographic OriginCountryNb of tracks
AmericaArgentina4
AmericaBrazil8
AmericaCanada3
AmericaMexico2
AmericaU.S.A.20
EuropeAustria1
EuropeBelgium2
EuropeCyprus1
EuropeCzech Republic1
EuropeFinland1
EuropeFrance14
EuropeGermany6
EuropeHungary1
EuropeItaly5
EuropeMonte-Carlo1
EuropeNetherlands1
EuropePortugal1
EuropeRomania1
EuropeSan Marino1
EuropeSpain4
EuropeSweden2
EuropeU.K.10
OtherAlgeria1
OtherAustralia5
OtherBarhain1
OtherChina2
OtherIndonesia1
OtherJapan8
OtherMacau1
OtherMalaysia1
OtherMorroco1
OtherNew Zealand1
OtherSenegal1
OtherSouth Africa1
OtherTurkey1
OtherU.A.E.1

Some precisions : France = 14 tracks, but in truth it will be only 12 as there will be 3 variations of LeStunts track (3x8 laps = 24 laps of LeStunts, freely adapted from 24 hours of LeMans) to be sure you'll really race 3 times the 8 laps of this special event.

Another additionnal info : Paris-Stunts-Dakar is composed of 4 tracks : Paris-Madrid (counted as Spain track), Madrid-Tamanrasset (Algeria), Tamanrasset-Ouarzazat (Morroco) and Ouarzazat-Dakar (Senegal). Maps addition will do as 2nd season of 4DSL was : a huge map added together to form a big map representing this part of the World.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update info about the "motivation" level :

At the beginning, you'll choose to be European or American (not another part of the World, as current Stunts pipsqueaks are 99% from America or Europe).
Racing a track in your geographic origin gives you a motivation bonus (because you'll be able to come home after the race and see your wife (if you manage to have one)). Racing a track outside your geographic origin decrease your motivation level.

As you see, there are more European tracks than American ones :

Total America37
Total Europe53
Total Other26
Total overall116

I modified many times the schedule but I can't do it more balanced than that. Therefore, a career started as American pipsqueak will start with a higher level of motivation than a career started as European. I still have to choose the level to be sure that a career can be done up to Formula 1, whatever the choices made, with only bronze medals.
Winning will mean reaching gold medal at F1 championship. Then there will be a special surprise for those you'll reach this level : RoC 2006 as indicated before, but after there will be another surprise competition. You'll see it when/if you reach it. :P ;D

Your motivation level will also be influenced by the medals you'll get : gold = +1, silver = no change, bronze = -1.

Other change : career won't be stopped after a failure at some events. But getting a level motivation at zero will mean a career stopped.

Remember that if you manage to get a wife, your geographic origin is changed to the one of your wife. You can start as European and end as American and the opposite.

CTG

What about having four wifes? Think on muslims! ;D

Krys TOFF

It may be possible, but one after the other. :P
I still don't know exactly how to manage divorce possibility, but I'll find. :D

CTG

And what about gays? Alain needs that option! ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGAnd what about gays? Alain needs that option! ;D
Well, why not, if you want it. But for any user named CTG-something or Cax-something, there will be only gay option and no women option. :P

JTK

:D

Can't wait to begin my career.  :)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 04, 2007, 08:51:41 AM
Well, why not, if you want it. But for any user named CTG-something or Cax-something, there will be only gay option and no women option. :P

I won't start in that contest then. ;D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on January 04, 2007, 11:44:29 AM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 04, 2007, 08:51:41 AM

I won't start in that contest then. ;D
I was kidding of course. It's already complicated enough to program not to add a CTG/Cax specificity.

I was thinking of the seduction/wedding system during lunch and I think I know how I will handle it.
Once you'll have enough "seduction", you'll encounter women (or men, it will be done randomly if I can program it as I think without bugs).

Then you'll have 3 possibilities : seduce her (or him), talk to her or ignore her. Ignore is the worst for the women. Talking is the safer way. Seducing can be good or bad depending (another random system, because some women don't like to be approached this way).
These 3 options will modify your seduction value for the woman and it may help (or not) you to marry her (or him).

You're starting the career at seduction level = 0.
After each gold medal at each track, one point will be added to your seduction-meter.
After the end of each event a random value will be added to your seduction-meter (this way, you'll earn seduction points even if you don't have any gold medal).
Don't expect to encounter women at the beginning of your career, you'll have to be a "known" driver before women (or men) will be interested by you. And even if they approach you, don't expect to be able to marry one at the 1st attempt.

Now, I'm starting to think about the divorce system. ;D

One last thing : if you marry a man once, then you won't be able to marry a woman anymore and only men will approach you. You're warned. :D ;D this will be the best option for Lise if she wants to race a career.

CTG

Put a lesbian thing for Lise. It's so hot. ;D

CTG

Okay no more sexual things, focus on Stunts. :D

Krys TOFF

In order to make this concept as real as possible (mmm, can we consider Stunts racing can be real :D ?), I will also add sponsor and money features.

Your motivation-meter will be influence by results (medals you got) and also by your money and by your sponsor.

Some explanations :
- more money = motivation bonus (differents minimum steps will be considered),
- no sponsor = no bonus of motivation,
- motivation bonus will be different according to your sponsor,
- sponsors won't make an offer if your reputation is not has not reached a certain limit : reputation is linked to number of medals (both race medals and championship medals),
- you can refuse a sonsor offer,
- even if you have a sponsor you will be allowed to change to another one in case you have an offer,
- sponsor will make you earn money,
- sponsor won't affect possibility of special events or career evolution (else it would be way more complicated as it is already),
- but sponsor will give you a goal (this will be told in the sponsor offer) : reach X gold medals in a certain number of races for example,
- if you fail to reach your goal, you will losse your sponsor and the money earned by him (as if you never had this sponsor),
- if you reach your goal, you will earn a money bonus.
- don't worry about taxes : in your career all money earned will be considered not taxed. ;D

This will also influence your seduction-meter : more money = more seduction power. ;)

Remember that once married you will have a love-meter.
If you do too much races away from your wife's geographic origin, then your love-meter will decrease.
When love-meter will be 0, then you will have to divorce (and then you'll get back your own geographic origin in case it was different of the one of your wife).

Last (but not least) : a divorce will make you loose half of your money (this is quite realistic, isn't it ?). ;D

At the end of your career you'll have a ranking according to :
- number of medals (races and championship),
- amount of money,
- number of years until beeing F1 champion.

If you don't manage to be F1 champion, then you'll have malus points in your overall ranking.

A Hall of Fame of pipsqueaks will therefore be available with all finished careers, classified by ranking value obtained at the end of those pipsqueaks' career.

Remember that your career can be stopped numerous competitions before F1 in case your motivation-meter goes to zero (that is if you don't have enough good results and so on). In this case you will have all the more malus points than your career is stopped soon. But this is not supposed to happen, isn't it ? ;)

Krys TOFF

JTK

Quote from: CTG on January 17, 2007, 12:29:21 PM
This sponsor thing gave me an idea for another special tournament: Stunts Borsodi League. It would be the first competition with valuable prize: 24 bottles (big frame) Borsodi Beer for the winner! ;D

Whow - that'll be the second contest in my life be won by me! 8)
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Krys TOFF

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Krys TOFF on January 17, 2007, 11:51:21 AM
In order to make this concept as real as possible (mmm, can we consider Stunts racing can be real :D ?), I will also add sponsor and money features.

Your motivation-meter will be influence by results (medals you got) and also by your money and by your sponsor.

Some explanations :
- more money = motivation bonus (differents minimum steps will be considered),
- no sponsor = no bonus of motivation,
- motivation bonus will be different according to your sponsor,
- sponsors won't make an offer if your reputation is not has not reached a certain limit : reputation is linked to number of medals (both race medals and championship medals),
- you can refuse a sonsor offer,
- even if you have a sponsor you will be allowed to change to another one in case you have an offer,
- sponsor will make you earn money,
- sponsor won't affect possibility of special events or career evolution (else it would be way more complicated as it is already),
- but sponsor will give you a goal (this will be told in the sponsor offer) : reach X gold medals in a certain number of races for example,
- if you fail to reach your goal, you will loose your sponsor and the money earned by him (as if you never had this sponsor),
- if you reach your goal, you will earn a money bonus.
- don't worry about taxes : in your career all money earned will be considered not taxed. ;D

This will also influence your seduction-meter : more money = more seduction power. ;)

Remember that once married you will have a love-meter.
If you do too much races away from your wife's geographic origin, then your love-meter will decrease.
When love-meter will be 0, then you will have to divorce (and then you'll get back your own geographic origin in case it was different of the one of your wife).

Last (but not least) : a divorce will make you loose half of your money (this is quite realistic, isn't it ?). ;D

At the end of your career you'll have a ranking according to :
- number of medals (races and championship),
- amount of money,
- number of years until beeing F1 champion.

If you don't manage to be F1 champion, then you'll have malus points in your overall ranking.

A Hall of Fame of pipsqueaks will therefore be available with all finished careers, classified by ranking value obtained at the end of those pipsqueaks' career.

Remember that your career can be stopped numerous competitions before F1 in case your motivation-meter goes to zero (that is if you don't have enough good results and so on). In this case you will have all the more malus points than your career is stopped soon. But this is not supposed to happen, isn't it ? ;)
One precision regarding the bold sentence above : if you choose to change your sponsor before reaching your current sponsor's goal, then it will be the same as if you don't reach your goal.