News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Slovak chat

Started by Ursin, September 21, 2006, 01:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usrin

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 09, 2016, 04:05:02 PM
I don't know what do you mean  :-[

He means that Slovaks like pancakes (palacinký). As a Slovak, I can confirm this information! We also like good beer and sausages. :)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Usrin

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 07, 2016, 01:42:43 PM
I'm about to meet a Slovak customer. Is there something I should know about Slovaks or Slovakia? :)

Slovakia is one of the greatest places in the world, with fantastic and easily accessible natural sights as some pipsqueaks already mentioned. The temperament of people is similar to that of Hungarians: ca. half-way between the "typical" Mediterraneans (extrovert, easy-going) and "typical" Germans (precise and rather reserved). Of course individuals can be very different. Expect a very different culture if your "Slovak" customer is Gypsy; they make up 10-15% of the population.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Usrin on January 13, 2016, 11:56:36 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on January 07, 2016, 01:42:43 PM
I'm about to meet a Slovak customer. Is there something I should know about Slovaks or Slovakia? :)

Slovakia is one of the greatest places in the world, with fantastic and easily accessible natural sights as some pipsqueaks already mentioned. The temperament of people is similar to that of Hungarians: ca. half-way between the "typical" Mediterraneans (extrovert, easy-going) and "typical" Germans (precise and rather reserved). Of course individuals can be very different. Expect a very different culture if your "Slovak" customer is Gypsy; they make up 10-15% of the population.

'Slovak' people are Czech people who speak Hungarian.

Recent 'Slovakia' consist of: Hungarians, Roma and others (it sounds something like Morocco in Czech). :-)

Southern third of Slovakia was truly Hungarian-speaking and ethnic Hungarian territory not so long ago, that is really a stolen land.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Usrin

Finally I smell a flamewar in Stunts Forum!  ;D

It is true that most people spoke Hungarian in that southern zone 100 years ago - because Slovak language was not accepted in schools or at work. But if you look at the family names in that area (and even in present-day Hungary), you can see that many of them have Slovak origin, showing that these were Slovak families forced to speak Hungarian.

Btw, southeasthern third of present-day Hungary would be an uninhabited desert if hadn't been resettled by Slovaks in the 18th century. (There were no Hungarians left there after the Turkish invasion.)

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 13, 2016, 12:05:28 PM
'Slovak' people are Czech people who speak Hungarian.

Recent 'Slovakia' consist of: Hungarians, Roma and others (it sounds something like Morocco in Czech). :-)

Southern third of Slovakia was truly Hungarian-speaking and ethnic Hungarian territory not so long ago, that is really a stolen land.

BonzaiJoe

Just for the record, I think all of the mentioned lands rightfully belong to Denmark.
But we can't be quite sure.

Ursin

If you need proof that Usrin is Slovak, look at this: he was co-author of a paper in the Slovak Geological Magazine!
http://www.geology.sk/new/sk/sgm - page 17 of issue 2014/2 (=page 19 of the PDF file). :P

Friker

Quote from: Ursin on May 02, 2016, 02:47:26 PM
If you need proof that Usrin is Slovak, look at this: he was co-author of a paper in the Slovak Geological Magazine!
http://www.geology.sk/new/sk/sgm - page 17 of issue 2014/2 (=page 19 of the PDF file). :P
What does it say about your nationality?