News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Szeged (USC 40)

Started by CTG, October 06, 2006, 12:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

New adventures with Lamborghini Countach - coming soon...

CTG

What's your opinion about a SINGLE handicap race?

+ 0.1 seconds penalty after every earned points in the championship. For example: I have 81 points in overall, I drive 1:02.00. I get + 8.10 seconds penalty and my valid time is 1:10.10.

zaqrack

sounds intresting for a whole season - a competition where mid-class drivers win :D

CTG

Possible rule for USC 2007/2008... :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on October 18, 2006, 04:22:10 PM
What's your opinion about a SINGLE handicap race?

+ 0.1 seconds penalty after every earned points in the championship. For example: I have 81 points in overall, I drive 1:02.00. I get + 8.10 seconds penalty and my valid time is 1:10.10.
I aggree with Zak, it may be fun for a whole championship not for a single race. But it's not a good rule as is.
I would prefer a time handicap compared to the "weight handicap" there is at some GT races or Andros Trophy :
- win a race and get 20 kg weight handicap (max handicap : 60 kg if I remember it well)
- finish 2nd and get 10 kg handicap,
- finish 3rd or more and decrease by 10 kg your weight handicap.
This rule didn't avoid Yvan Muller to win a 10th Andros Trophy in 2006 (yes, 10 years champion on these specific icy competition) due to his strategic races (he deliberately finishd 3rd more than once instead of winning just to decrease his weight handicap.
With such a rule it would be fun, with your system it's just putting more and more penalty time to championship leaders, no strategy.

CTG

It was just an idea. But I have another possible handicap rule for Szeged track instead of the time penalty.

If you have X points in the competition then you have to complete the first x seconds of the track with IRC rules.

Only for Szeged. :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTG on October 20, 2006, 12:14:23 AM
It was just an idea. But I have another possible handicap rule for Szeged track instead of the time penalty.

If you have X points in the competition then you have to complete the first x seconds of the track with IRC rules.

Only for Szeged. :)
According to the small sample of the map available so far, I think it won't be a problem : whatever the direction of driving there's no big shortcut at the beginning, only a possible trick with cork left/right at the top of the hill (if it's at the beginning).

CTG

No, it's the end. :)

I tested the track and with my 81 seconds of IRC driving I got about 10 seconds disadvantage. If I really use this rule than the race will be extremely sharp. Loop will cause a big trouble for the better drivers (around 40 secs) :)

CTG

Okay, no handicap system. Pure racing! :)

CTG

Ladies and gentleman! The new track!  :D

Name: Szeged (designed by CTG)
Car: Lamborghini Countach
Difficulty: 3/5
Predicted winning time: 1:19.00
Deadline: 20th November 2006, midnight

CTG

Is there anybody loving this car? It will be the war of minimized out replays.  ::)

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on October 25, 2006, 04:39:18 PM
Is there anybody loving this car? It will be the war of minimized out replays.  ::)
Probably Zak will race a lot with Countach. he's the only one who really loves it.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

There's no sign yet from Cork's Crew.

zaqrack

I have an incredibly busy semester and can't get up from the pile of work which has fallen on me. My Stunts-activity will be near minimal until mid-december, sorry guys.
I still might give it a try later...

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 25, 2006, 11:42:08 PM
I have an incredibly busy semester and can't get up from the pile of work which has fallen on me. My Stunts-activity will be near minimal until mid-december, sorry guys.
I still might give it a try later...

I hope you will participate. We need a pipsqueak who doesn't hate the car. :)