News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT22

Started by zaqrack, February 01, 2003, 12:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Why we are so quiet???

Dayan

Ya....... quite a nice track i can say, and the car isn't too bad i guess 8)
But the prob is I can't drive manual on it......(I did but i don't want to show my horrible time!! :roll:  ) Auto drivers...... help me... may be CTG could, he overtook my place recently..... :(
CTG, go and see the ISA table!! :lol:
Keep in touch !

Dayan

Well CTG, wait a minute!! :?
Keep in touch !

Dayan

Nice to see Krys doing it auto as well !! :)
Keep in touch !

Krys TOFF

Well, I race with auto trans at the beginning to learn the track.
Then I race with manual.
That's what I did at Zct22.

About IndyRacing, I race in auto because I race no-RH.
For the last 15 days of comp, I'll race manual with RH...

Try to use manual, you'll ALWAYS be faster.

al il professore

quietness: only two pros are interested in the leading time points, other dont care. I was the only one to disturb the BJ rotoi dance this month
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

alanrotoi

Krys is right! Manual trans. rules.
Auto trans suspends your skill.

Dayan

Ok guys, thanx very much for the help and encouraging...............
But remember, IF i get it right, you all are in great danger !!

CTG, are you going to do it auto forever????
Keep in touch !

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, ZCT 22 finished! Congratulations to all! We had a great battle! I surprised myself again with my 3rd place, I think that was the best race I ever had. Aaaah, I never dreamt about starting the year with two third places!!!! But there were great cars and great tracks!!! Only the two toppest drivers could beat me so far! Haven't lost to Alain, lead against Argammon 2-0... it can't be better, I'm very happy today. Should I retire? I'm on top... Another info: Pedro Antonio is active, but he's busy with his exams, he said he'll drive in March more seriously, because his exams will finish by the end of that month. Bismarck wasn't sure, but he said maybe from April he'll drive more seriously again. They sent replays just to collect points for the team. Usrin should really reach 7th place! He can do it! But that damned deadline change was against him. So start your engines because ZCT 23 has started already!!!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

To Akoss: Just to say something different to you, Usrin wasn't able to beat me in February. Why I said so? Because if he sends an 1:30 (as he said), I would take ZCT22 more seriously, and fight for a time around 1:27-1:28... But I'm very happy, because there are still 3 'OP's in pro!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I checked the replays and it's very interesting. I was slower despite I had done the whole shortcut at the dual way part, I had done the same at the dirty corner 0:36 as Bonzai and Rotoi. Alain was 1,6 seconds ahead of me at the top of the elevated jump 0:55. But I was sooo fast at the end, I was faster than Rotoi if I remember well. And, what a shame, Alain was slower than CTG at this part despite there were 3 jumps (bad for auto trm). I'm still very doubtful if Argammon was lying on the chat on Saturday or not. But it was a very good track and I'm proud of my result, although I should have driven the first part faster. I'm very sad about Usrin's suck, I hope he'll find his form and have a fantastic time in March. Of course congratulations to the winner!
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

BonzaiJoe

Hey people from the past! Your times are going to die.

I expect that we will be closer to the old winning times this year compared to ZCT41 and ZCT65 (if anyone is going to drive the Jaguar anyway). 2003 was when the level of Stunts rose. It reached its highest in early 2006, and then of course Ayrton's one man show in 2008 was a higher level than anything else.
But we can't be quite sure.

Argammon

Sorry, but it is easy to do better if you have 1 month and the winning replay. I am a crap IMSA driver and could beat Z22 winning time. Big deal.  ;)
The question is how you would fare if you did not have the old replays. A hypthetical one that cannot be answered!

I did not race much in 2006 but when I did I basically had the same results I had when I raced earlier. It's all normal variance.

For me the level has roughly stayed the same if you discount the early years without advanced replay handling.

CTG

But now you can try other cars... Speedgate is a lot faster than IMSA cars, while the bonus is almost equal.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: Argammon on February 03, 2010, 12:05:24 AM
Sorry, but it is easy to do better if you have 1 month and the winning replay. I am a crap IMSA driver and could beat Z22 winning time. Big deal.  ;)

Then please do so...

The question is how you would fare if you did not have the old replays. A hypthetical one that cannot be answered!

It can't be answered as such, but you can give an educated guess. I think it matters very, very little. 2010 era pipsqueaks like Duplode, Mark L. Rivers and Gutix have no problem finding the fastest way to race a track within the given time. The old winning replay might save about an hour on the track, but on the other hand chances are new small refinements have been made during the last 7 years that will render the ZCT22 winning replays partly obsolete.
The effect is further diminished by the fact that you can use other cars. As CTG pointed out, the Jaguar has almost zero chance now because the Speedgate has a better relative bonus.

But we'll have an idea of the strength of this 2003 race compared to earlier ones: ZCT14 winning time went from 1.18 to 1.11 and ZCT7 winning time went from 1.09 to 1.02. I am pretty sure nobody could do 1.15 in the Jaguar on ZCT22.
But as you say, advanced replay handling has had a big effect in this change of level...
But we can't be quite sure.