News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

JTK

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 10, 2012, 11:15:26 PM
We already did that! The country is called The Stunts Community, and the capital is http://www.stunts.hu/. Overdrijf 4 president.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 10, 2012, 10:48:56 PM
Perhaps we can all migrate to some lowly populated country and vote ourselves into office before anyone realises what happened? I hear Iceland is nice this time of the year...

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on June 10, 2012, 11:15:26 PM
We already did that! The country is called The Stunts Community, and the capital is http://www.stunts.hu/. Overdrijf 4 president.

:D

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on June 12, 2012, 04:13:37 PM

That's the Stunts Community flag?

For some reason I'dd expect something with a very triangular three on it. ;)

zaqrack

the green is a bit off, but the blue is spot on :)

Duplode

Yeah, hilltop green is a compromise - I tried proper grass green but it gives too little contrast with this layout.

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 12, 2012, 08:44:12 PM
For some reason I'dd expect something with a very triangular three on it. ;)

Genius!  ;D

CTG

Pollsters say that the huge advantage of Fidesz disappeared in Hungary. Too bad, they gave the right to vote for the Hungarians living abroad since their birth (few million people in Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Ukraine). Generally they are grateful to Fidesz for giving this possibility and since they don't see how crappy the orange party is, 70-80 percent of them would vote for Orbán...

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on June 22, 2012, 10:05:42 AM
Pollsters say that the huge advantage of Fidesz disappeared in Hungary. Too bad, they gave the right to vote for the Hungarians living abroad since their birth (few million people in Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, Ukraine). Generally they are grateful to Fidesz for giving this possibility and since they don't see how crappy the orange party is, 70-80 percent of them would vote for Orbán...

I don't think they're really interested in the Hungarian elections. So far there are 250.000 applications for the Hungarian citizenship, further 250.000 is expected until 2014, and I will be surprised if more than 25% of them go voting. OK, those will be all brainwashed Fidesz fans, but don't worry: this is not an abundant species abroad. See the recent election results in Romania: from the 3 Hungarian parties, 2 were Fidesz clones, with Fidesz leaders heavily campaigning for them, and the third one got 80% of the Hungarian votes. It is similar in Slovakia: of the 2 Hungarian parties, the Fidesz clone is much weaker. (Btw, it is not allowed to have a dual Slovak-Hungarian citizenship in the mighty Slovakia, so there's no danger to our elections from that side.)

The bigger problem is that the Hungarian left-wing is inactive and divided... I guess that we will have even more ridiculous liberal movements (prototype: LMP) for 2014, each of them catching a few percent of anti-Orbán votes. So he'll just laugh and make a huge victory with no more than one million votes...
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Obama or Romney - predictions?

BonzaiJoe

It's looking very close  :(  They just might elect Romney, which is quite unbelievable, when you think about it, because the only reason he has even had a chance to make a serious bid for presidency is his wealth. His 2008 campaign was paid for by himself, and I guess also his 2012 primary campaign.
He's never run a business, only an investment fund, and he's a man who will fight for the 1%. The only ways a president candidate could be worse than Romney would be: A: being even stupider than he is (Rick Perry), B: more religion-crazy than he is (George W., Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee...). The independent who are tired of Obama need to realize that they haven't been offered a proper alternative.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Plutocracy. I'd still bet on Obama, even if the sheer absurdity of a Romney victory won't be a deterrent.

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on October 24, 2012, 03:17:44 AM
Plutocracy. I'd still bet on Obama, even if the sheer absurdity of a Romney victory won't be a deterrent.
Exactly my thoughts!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

Quote from: Usrin on June 25, 2012, 07:39:38 PM
The bigger problem is that the Hungarian left-wing is inactive and divided... I guess that we will have even more ridiculous liberal movements (prototype: LMP) for 2014, each of them catching a few percent of anti-Orbán votes. So he'll just laugh and make a huge victory with no more than one million votes...

Now we seem to have the movement called "Together 2014" with the exact aim to unify everyone tired of Orbán. Knowing how hard it is to unify Hungarians, I am not sure they will succeed, but I am sending my best of luck.

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 24, 2012, 05:37:58 AM

Now we seem to have the movement called "Together 2014" with the exact aim to unify everyone tired of Orbán. Knowing how hard it is to unify Hungarians, I am not sure they will succeed, but I am sending my best of luck.

"Together 2014" is just another meaningless big word from another liar. Neither Bajnai, nor Gyurcsány is worth for a vote - even if they are (slightly) better than Orbán.

BonzaiJoe

Quote from: CTG on October 24, 2012, 07:53:16 AM
Quote from: zaqrack on October 24, 2012, 05:37:58 AM

"Together 2014" is just another meaningless big word from another liar. Neither Bajnai, nor Gyurcsány is worth for a vote - even if they are (slightly) better than Orbán.

Looks like Zak is right  ;D

QuoteKnowing how hard it is to unify Hungarians, I am not sure they will succeed

Okay I don't know much about the people in this opposition group. Is Jobbik part of it, by the way? But anyway, it's a general problem that right wing politicians, because they don't care about anything except power and money, are willing to do whatever, support whomever, vote for whatever in order to attain and retain power. They don't give a shit about who is worth a vote. A vote for more power to themselves is a good vote. That's why they are strong and you are weak.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on October 24, 2012, 12:11:03 PM
Okay I don't know much about the people in this opposition group. Is Jobbik part of it, by the way?

Jobbik is namely in opposition, but it's an extreme right wing party, even the leaders "admit" their antisemite and racist views (they don't say: "I"m racist", but every second sentence from them is against gipsies, jews, foreigners). That means no alliance for "Together 2014".

Public polls say Jobbik is quite highly supported (15-20%), especially among the young people. Fidesz is somewhere around 30-35%, MSZP ~20-25%.