News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BonzaiJoe

Good job. No easy task for sure.

But I hope there's some economic rationale, not just the old trick about making the population feel national pride so they can forget about social and economic issues...
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

There are politicians behind so always there will be corruption or second meanings. BTW thanks to this satellites program (there are another two comming) we kept the orbit assigned by UN (we almost lose it because neoliberalism goverment from 90's. They sold/rent everything including the our assigned orbit (yes, they're geniuses about making money). Then in 2005 or 2007 another government made this project to occupate and use the orbit.

Next week it's the president elections so about this project I hope they'll keep going with it. Anyway I don't like any of the 6 candidates. I don't like the neoliberalist, I don't like the iron fist militarists, I don't like the candidate of the current government, I don't like the left wing candidate, I don't like the other two. :(

It's almost sure Daniel Scioli will win. It's the candidate of the current government. I guess this government made some good things but Scioli was a minion of the worst presidents, one from liberalism and the other a leader of a droug maffia. This guy didn't show a personal though. None of the candidates but the left winged IMO.

They are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_general_election,_2015

alanrotoi

This morning I voted for president... let's see what happens.

Shoegazing Leo

Area destroyed by Samarco (Vale + BHP) in Minas Gerais
Antes = Before
Depois = After

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

Neoliberalism won in Argentina. We did it again. Another 4 years of sodomy. The'll destroy the country again. This is sad. Why we do this to us? Do we need our pockets empty to have memory?
I know people who voted the next government and they live/need some subsidies that will be removed (not a secret, they said it in the last few years). Subsidies in energy, transport and even University. They are happy voting their decay.

The motto is "We want a change". Alright I agree but please voting the extreme right wing is not the way to improve.

BonzaiJoe

That's sad. What is this winning party like? And what do you mean by "sodomy"?  :o

By the way, good job to the person who just voted that Obama will be president for 8 years. Great prediction  :D
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

It's a new party (about 10 years old) plus some party alliances but the faces aren't new. It's called PRO ("Propuesta Republicana" or "Republican Proposal"). It's just a name. One party of this alliance already left the alliance (less than 24hs of the results). It was just for the votes. Is this democracy? Because the people who voted this alliance because their party was in it won't find represented. Democracy, democracy. We don't have anything better and it's agonizing.

They used silly and easy slogans just like "let's change. Let's vote with hope, with joy. More work, we'll do it like a team together.".. WTF?? Where are the proposals?? What about the economy, what about the dollar exchange, what about exports/imports, what about unemployment, what about the industry, what about the retired people... nobody cares.... nobody cares anything just a silly idea to get the previous government out, no matter if they had to vote Sauron or Sideshow Bob. Simply and mindless people. Just a bit of wellness and we turn into neoliberals.

Another silly slogan "Zero poverty"... who would believe that in a capitalist world? Just read 2 lines of Keynes or Friedman and you'll know unemployment is a must in capitalism and more if you play as neoliberal. I repeat, nobody cares, they didn't vote that. They voted to kick the current government out no matter the price.

alanrotoi

BTW he has a trial in the Court because a political spy scandal. He must ask permission to the Court to leave the country (travel out of...) . This will be our president from next Dec 10th.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on November 24, 2015, 12:19:39 AM
It's called PRO ("Propuesta Republicana" or "Republican Proposal"). It's just a name.

I find it quite annoying that, regardless of where you are in the world, odds are that any party named "republican" will suck. My mind insists in associating that adjective with good things.

Shoegazing Leo

Macri is a sad back to the past in Argentina, the past of neoliberalism, the past of riches going richer.

Usrin

Colour of living being is determined by the gene.