News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Shoegazing Leo

150 km is about Curitiba to Joinville (about 2 hours by bus).

The nearest pipsqueak from here is Renato Biker, if he don't moved from his place (his district is so near than here that i climbed up a viaduct to record my videoclip and it's in the start of there, only a 15 minutes walk from here.

From another city, I believe that are the São Paulo's pipsqueaks (400 km away).

alanrotoi

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on February 24, 2022, 09:54:08 PM

With this perception, World Map would be totally different than you could see now.

Yes, a bit naive was my comment :D

afullo

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on February 24, 2022, 09:54:08 PM

Oh, yeah, let ethnic Hungarians, independently from Czech/Romanian/French/British/Russian interests, come back to be annexed to Hungary or at least let them found the autonomous state of Erdély/Vajdaság/Felvidék...

Unfortunately, World Map isn't drawn by ethnic and religious borders. That is the driving force of New World Order.
Indeed, some Western Ukrainians, ethnically Hungarians, just called for a referendum in order to join Hungary. But it would depend on Putin's interests in controlling also the areas which were under Habsburg rule until WW1, in primis Lviv.

dreadnaut

Related, I'll leave this here: a military historian's look at the war near us
https://acoup.blog/2022/02/25/miscellanea-understanding-the-war-in-ukraine/

Cas

This is a really complex topic to analyse. Some things are very clear, like, nobody would feel comfortable living in a country that's being bombarded, so this is clearly bad, not good. This war was unilaterally initiated by Russia. Ukraine is just defending. So I think it's pretty simple to reach conclusions from that perspective.

A different matter or "dimension" is what comes when we think about the political influence of the powers, the ideologies they try to spread or to enforce, etc. In this matter, things are pretty much a matter of preference or whim of each person. A matter of priorities. Some people believe that equality is a priority over order; others believe the opposite (although everybody would want both). Some people feel the republican system is priority even if that means we'll have to be governed by somebody we don't like from time to time, because that way there's a moment for everyone, things change all the time. Other people think it's so important to have the kind of leader they like that they don't mind having an eternal autocracy. It really is a matter of taste. We must only not forget that it is.

I personally don't feel that being under the influence of some powers is the problem here. In my opinion, if all countries were more or less just as powerful, there would be even more chaos and probably the existence of a few superpowers is one of the greatest contributing factors to the relative peace that most of the time in most of the globe, we find nowadays, despite there always being exceptions. Of course, I don't mean powers do things because they're so nice... It's just a factual coincidence, that's it. They have their own interests. Also, influence from powers can only be a problem if regional corruption exists. Otherwise, no country would allow that influence to occur. The powers are not to blame for countries following them. Again, my personal insight.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

My brother (Manowar) explained the conflict in CNN yesterday. He is an international politics analyst.

CTG

Overdrijf

Happy? Excited? Not happy? Rigged? Going to storm the Országház? Fleeing to Ukraine?

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 04, 2022, 09:57:53 AM
Happy? Excited? Not happy? Rigged? Going to storm the Országház? Fleeing to Ukraine?
Mostly sad and worried
There is not much I can do about the situation. But I am paying for it in a way.
Inflation here has risen a lot, almost 12%, never been so high since WW2.
And although I'm getting in financial problems over it, it does have an impact.
We are safe, and hopefully will stay safe. But it does worry me.
I hope for everyone it will eventually just blow over...
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Here we have high devaluation since some years (35-55%) and it's a recurrent cycle. I'm tired about it.

Cas

Yes, the Euro and the US Dollar are having a very significant inflation now. I think this will go down slowly in the following two or three years as the economies of countries settle to the new configuration that's come from what's going on. It is also what I hope. As Alan says, in Argentina, we're used to very high inflation and we're currently over 50% inter-annual. We've had it worse around 1989. It's very problematic because salaries never catch up with prices completely. Besides, because of our permanently high inflation, we do have a system that regularly updates salaries, even though it always updates them too low, but it's something. In countries with a historically low and stable inflation rate, my guess is that these updates have to be made individually every now and then, so it's probably more noticeable how purchase power is suddenly being lost.

This now is also having a strong effect on us because Argentines can't rely on local currency for saving and therefore, always fall back to the US Dollar. With these changes, I'm guessing crypto currency will shoot up to the skies.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

I was trying to refer to the Hungarian election, but this is good, let it all out.  ;D :-[ ;)

JTK

The German sight of the Hungarian election outcome: :(
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Usrin

Quote from: JTK on April 05, 2022, 10:18:34 AM

My sight of the Hungarian election outcome:

Germans should not forget that Orban got an awful lot of support from Merkel & her government through EU funds and investments, despite all their nice words on the importance of democracy. What really counted was that Orban made Hungary a paradise for German companies, providing cheap workforce, low company taxes, weak environment laws and easily bribed officials.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: JTK on April 05, 2022, 10:18:34 AM

Quote from: Usrin on April 06, 2022, 11:15:06 AM
My sight of the Hungarian election outcome:

Most of the people I know thinks the same (including myself)... I truly can't believe the result (especially the overwhelming difference)...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km