Poll

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
5 (25%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (35%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Politics around the world  (Read 63291 times)

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
  • Through the astral door - to soar
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
Re: Politics around the world
« Reply #525 on: November 12, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »
RIP Brazil. The fascists won...

A little over three years ago, I posted this:

What's happening in Brazil? Duplode? Leo?

Economic downturn + corruption scandals + a politically weak and generally adrift government => demonstrators and sectors of the opposition (*) crying "Impeachment!". That has been the default state of affairs since January, so there is nothing to be too overtly worried about (**).

(*) I'd rather say overexcited demonstrators and sectors of agitators within the opposition, but that's my own political slant, and so YMMV.

(**) Of course the three things I listed at the beginning are quite worrying. I just mean we are not at the brink of an institutional crisis or anything really serious like that.

And look where we are now. That should teach me not to tempt fate...

alanrotoi

• Breaths Stunts
  • Suck my Indy!
    • View Profile
    • Maite Zaitut, La Vengadora Oscura
« Reply #526 on: November 15, 2018, 12:03:53 AM »
G20 in Buenos Aires the November 30th.

zaqrack

• Administrator
  • Makes love with Stunts
    • View Profile
    • ZakStunts
« Reply #527 on: November 19, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »
Our asshole PM just sent congratulations to yours, expressing his gratitude that he won by sharing the same values as he does.
Yay. I pray for the economic crisis to hit for all these fuckheads to take the blame and fade away finally.

RIP Brazil. The fascists won...

A little over three years ago, I posted this:

What's happening in Brazil? Duplode? Leo?

Economic downturn + corruption scandals + a politically weak and generally adrift government => demonstrators and sectors of the opposition (*) crying "Impeachment!". That has been the default state of affairs since January, so there is nothing to be too overtly worried about (**).

(*) I'd rather say overexcited demonstrators and sectors of agitators within the opposition, but that's my own political slant, and so YMMV.

(**) Of course the three things I listed at the beginning are quite worrying. I just mean we are not at the brink of an institutional crisis or anything really serious like that.

And look where we are now. That should teach me not to tempt fate...

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
  • Through the astral door - to soar
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
« Reply #528 on: November 20, 2018, 04:39:34 AM »
Our asshole PM just sent congratulations to yours, expressing his gratitude that he won by sharing the same values as he does.

Bolsonaro's remarks on this exchange of pleasantries included a stupefying quote about dictatorships (I won't pollute the server by reproducing it here). But who am I kidding? In an age of post-truth, gall becomes a virtue.