News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

BonzaiJoe

No, they are definitely more stupid. The most brutal war regime in the world. Everyone who supports this invasion will have their words smeared across their reputations far beyond the grave.
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

the only thing i care about that there was finally a party on the list which is maybe really worth voting for.
other than that, hurray for Piratpartiet, they are in!

BonzaiJoe

Ah, yesterday was a very good day for evil in Europe :) We will really have a lot of dark men making corruption scandals and pissing on the poor in Bruxelles for the next 5 years. And I am a bit relieved to see that the Hungarian voters are way more stupid than the Danish ones.
Seriously, what do they expect from these right-wing extremists?

BonzaiJoe

When there is a new wave party, you can't resist voting for it  :D I wish we had a new wave party. Henrik Balling from Gangway should head it.

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on June 08, 2009, 12:12:58 PM
almost nothing in the center. That's why I didn't vote.

and that's why another 30% of the country also did not vote :) And I can totally understand them.
Even though the menu is always awful, I always go and vote because I feel it is required from me as a citizen. However, so far I have never voted twice on the same party. Maybe now.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

This big strenghtening of the extreme right and the big loss of the (divided) jewish forces whispers to me that there's something really wrong in this country's governing... No matter which party wins, the remnants of the old communists/jewish will govern us, thanks to the happenings around 1990. They will not let the others gain force in the parliament, they realize this with very dirty nation-dividing politics - and the country sinks and sinks in the swamp...

I'm a rightist in mind, but voted against Fidesz in 2002 and 2006 because the reasons mentioned by CTG why they are not really a rightist force, and because of Viktor Orbán. This time I decided not to vote.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Mingva

Duplode

Awful news... being a 3/8 Pole ancestry-wise I feel even more disheartened.

Duplode

Argies: What the hell Cristina has smoked lately? or does she really have reasons to believe she can pull off those Chavist tricks against the press in such a ridiculously blunt way?

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on December 01, 2011, 08:06:53 AM
I start to feel it's time to leave this fuckin' country.
If you do, don't even think about coming to Argentina!! I don't know what they sell to the rest of the world, but it's a stallin "democratic" tyranny!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

zaqrack

So is China. But at least they admit it :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Chulk on December 02, 2011, 03:15:36 AM
If you do, don't even think about coming to Argentina!! I don't know what they sell to the rest of the world, but it's a stallin "democratic" tyranny!

Well, the main reason to escape from Hungary is to avoid feeling the same circumstances like it was in Argentina about 10 yrs ago (we are close to that right now). So if one leaves the country, I think Argentina would be among the last places to go to.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

CTG

Rumours say Bartók Béla Avenue's new name will be (probably) Horthy Miklós Avenue.

The first one was a famous composer of the 20th century. The latter one was the governor of Hungary between WW I and II ("slave" of Hitler).

Already renamed:

Moszkva tér (Moscow Square) ---> Széll Kálmán tér (prime ministeresident of Hungary between 1899-1903); because "Moscow is communist name", LOL. I think it's just a city. We also have Párizsi udvar, Mexikói út, Belgrád rakpart, etc.

Köztársaság tér (Republic Square) ---> II. János Pál pápa tér (John Paul II Square); just to annoy MSZP (left wing party), because formerly their headquoters was there.

Ferenc körút metro station ---> Corvin Quarter (new "city centre" of 8th district); simple business, the constructor of the new buildings/shops payed for the renaming

But we also have brand new names for the government offices (name of tax authorities changed from APEH to NAV, just to make it Fidesz conform with "National" name). What is it good for? Power demonstration?

BonzaiJoe

Trying to change the national identity - people's understanding of themselves as Hungarians and what it means to be Hungarian (except the metro station, that's just greed).

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on December 02, 2011, 03:15:36 AM

The way things are going, the number of reasonable alternative countries to move to seems to decrease by the day...