News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Politics around the world

Started by CTG, November 17, 2006, 11:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somehow I think Obama won't be a president for a long time. What do you think?

He'll be the president for 8 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll be the president for 4 years.
7 (31.8%)
He'll fail earlier because of the economical crisis.
1 (4.5%)
He'll be murdered earlier by terrorists/Ku Klux Klan/McCain/Hillary Clinton :D
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

alanrotoi

Great Britain invaded Buenos Aires twice(1806 and 1807), blocked with France the River Plate (1845) and Malvinas war (1982). So in direct military conflicts we are "winning" 3-1 :D
Indirectly they fucked up us since the beginning, with loans, external debt and taking down democratic governments to rise dictatorships.

alanrotoi

Oops seems Hungary suspends and immigration rule. Let me guess: Some EU countries wanted to open Hungary even more to the immigration crisis they have. I'm not saying you have a good or a bad government, I'm just agree with the desition to stand against desitions that may not be satisfactory to you. Also unfortunatly the immigrants most of times suffers discrimination but this is not the point here.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33244800

BonzaiJoe

What's happening in Brazil? Duplode? Leo?
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 16, 2015, 11:18:55 AM
What's happening in Brazil? Duplode? Leo?

Economic downturn + corruption scandals + a politically weak and generally adrift government => demonstrators and sectors of the opposition (*) crying "Impeachment!". That has been the default state of affairs since January, so there is nothing to be too overtly worried about (**).

(*) I'd rather say overexcited demonstrators and sectors of agitators within the opposition, but that's my own political slant, and so YMMV.

(**) Of course the three things I listed at the beginning are quite worrying. I just mean we are not at the brink of an institutional crisis or anything really serious like that.

alanrotoi

The same in the whole continent. :(

BonzaiJoe

Okay, thank you!

I get a lot of middle-aged, Brazilian tourists at the hotel, by the way, and they are the worst at speaking English. Most of them barely know "hello". They are also quite demanding, but not rude.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

https://foreignpolicy.com says this is a racist and stereotype map from China about Europe. I don't see any bad intention but a typical (and ancient) joke. There are many many jokes like this on internet to take this seriously.
First of all it's in english, so... I think they like to point China as an "evil enemy"... "my rich who makes me more rich evil enemy" :D.

JTK

Today in our newspaper "Kieler Nachrichten". ("Hungarian Gulasch - Orban's table laid out for refugees")...
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

zaqrack

Quote from: JTK on September 04, 2015, 08:58:36 AM
Today in our newspaper "Kieler Nachrichten". ("Hungarian Gulasch - Orban's table laid out for refugees")...

Oh please don't even mention our arrogant asshole politicians using all living and non-living only to increase and strenghten their personal growth and power :(

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on September 04, 2015, 01:53:04 PM
Quote from: JTK on September 04, 2015, 08:58:36 AM

Oh please don't even mention our arrogant asshole politicians using all living and non-living only to increase and strenghten their personal growth and power :(

Largely thanks to the threads here, I did bark "asshole" at the TV screen when Orbán showed up in the morning news today.

alanrotoi

Israel, Oman and Yemen are from middle east too and the got zero too.

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 06, 2015, 01:04:30 AM
Israel, Oman and Yemen are from middle east too and the got zero too.

I can't say much about Oman, but Yemen has a civil war of their own to deal with. As for Israel, hell freezing over seems more likely than that country taking Syrian refugees. I guess the infographic is targeted at those very rich Arab states from whom more solidarity might be expected.